Scott McTominay - Page 33 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

Chripper

10 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Crossing from another thread, Souness = Keane. Fantastic footballers, failed managers ( except when Souness had all of David Murray's money ) and abysmal pundits, both aim to shock rather than give any meaningful insight into anything.

Probably Man u will win something tonight with Scott McTominey as integral part of midfield.

Personally, I prefer Souness and Keane over the like of Redknapp, Scholes, Ferdinand, etc.

I don't think they go out to shock. I just think they say what everyone else is too scared to say. They were probably like that in the dressing room when they played.

My MOTM. First half he was ok, second half he's been pinging it, driving forward and been intercepting. 

Plus the assist. ;)

£95m for Pogba and all he's done is swagger around like he's just warming up for Euro 2020.

Rashford is definitely struggling with his shoulder injury. Doesn't explain his miss from a few yards out. That's why he isn't a striker.

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

He is having a great game. I dont really care who wins but it would be a huge confidence boost to McTominay if Man U were to win, along with a great personal display. 

Yes he has played well, arguably best player on the pitch. 

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

My MOTM. First half he was ok, second half he's been pinging it, driving forward and been intercepting. 

Plus the assist. ;)

£95m for Pogba and all he's done is swagger around like he's just warming up for Euro 2020.

Rashford is definitely struggling with his shoulder injury. Doesn't explain his miss from a few yards out. That's why he isn't a striker.

I agree, excellent all action display from our man. 

Someone being willing to pay £95million for a player with a little application as Pogba is a prime example of everything that is wrong in the game /world. 

Yeh Rashford may even be a less natural finisher than Adams(no dig intended😉

7 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

I agree, excellent all action display from our man. 

Someone being willing to pay £95million for a player with a little application as Pogba is a prime example of everything that is wrong in the game /world. 

Yeh Rashford may even be a less natural finisher than Adams(no dig intended😉

Very much so. That's why he's never an anchorman. Dribbling and driving forward is his main attributes. Old school box to box midfield. 

Couldn't agree more. Cut to a fortnight and he'll be busting a gut for France and might win Euro 2020. 

lol. Hey now! Don't go nuts! ;)

Happy Man Utd lost as the sycophantic punditry team turned me into a Villarreal fan for the night. Just so dismissive it was unreal.

Gutted for McTominay on a personal level though but he can take confidence in being the best player on the park by a wide distance.

A midfield of

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn

Would be very high level.

McTominay at CB and McGinn dropped down to CM would significantly weaken us. McTominay isn't a CB and is wasted there. McGinn is a goalscorer at CAM and is nonexistent at CM. 

13 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Happy Man Utd lost as the sycophantic punditry team turned me into a Villarreal fan for the night. Just so dismissive it was unreal.

Gutted for McTominay on a personal level though but he can take confidence in being the best player on the park by a wide distance.

A midfield of

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn

Would be very high level.

McTominay at CB and McGinn dropped down to CM would significantly weaken us. McTominay isn't a CB and is wasted there. McGinn is a goalscorer at CAM and is nonexistent at CM. 

McTominay might be better suited to the style of defence we play than Hanley or Mckenna, but the difference isn't as vast as it would appear to be in midfield.

I have developed a conviction that Clarke is going to do the right things after his recent squad selection, and that would mean McTominay in midfield. I think he is more fluid in his thinking than one or two of our previous managers.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McTominay might be better suited to the style of defence we play than Hanley or Mckenna, but the difference isn't as vast as it would appear to be in midfield.

I have developed a conviction that Clarke is going to do the right things after his recent squad selection, and that would mean McTominay in midfield. I think he is more fluid in his thinking than one or two of our previous managers.

Aye after the squad selection, I've had a bit of a change of belief in Clarke. I thought he was stubborn and would stick to his squad players. 

I was wrong and like you I think he will go for McTominay in CM. I think the big call will be McGinn at CM/CAM and whether McGregor starts.

Guest ElChris04

McTominay was absolutely brilliant tonight. Best player on the pitch bar none he did everything in attack and defence. On the personal note I’m gutted for him but at the same time he went off the pitch as the best player on the field before the shootout so he can have no regrets, he can most certainly be one of the very few who can look back and hold his head up high.

As we already know he’s going to be so vital to us come the euros, and all the better he’ll be at his best in his correct position in midfield, what a player.

Edited by ElChris04

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Clarke has more or less confirmed he’s going to play McTominay in midfield next month. 

7 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Aye after the squad selection, I've had a bit of a change of belief in Clarke. I thought he was stubborn and would stick to his squad players. 

I was wrong and like you I think he will go for McTominay in CM. I think the big call will be McGinn at CM/CAM and whether McGregor starts.

What’s your thinking with the conundrum with McGinn? Seems straightforward that he plays CAM. 

Clarke had already said McTominay is a midfielder for the Euros, although he has the right to change his mind.