Scott McTominay - Page 32 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

Chripper

15 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

He means if this mooted European Super League is given the green light.

I doubt it will go ahead as Fifa would pretty much bab every single player that participates. 

15 hours ago, scotlad said:

Ah, right, thanks.  That makes sense.

I can't see the Super League going ahead, not in the near future. Like you say, England would have to field a virtual C team.

Just playing Devil’s Advocate, given that it’s club football that pays a players wages, what chance of players just sticking two fingers up to FIFA/UEFA.

Perhaps a bit over dramatic but if the governing bodies play hardball, it could signal the end of international football.

What is needed is the various FAs coming out against it. Potentially banning clubs from their domestic league (assuming that’s legal?).

27 minutes ago, Marky said:

Just playing Devil’s Advocate, given that it’s club football that pays a players wages, what chance of players just sticking two fingers up to FIFA/UEFA.

Perhaps a bit over dramatic but if the governing bodies play hardball, it could signal the end of international football.

What is needed is the various FAs coming out against it. Potentially banning clubs from their domestic league (assuming that’s legal?).

I believe its part of the EPL rules that clubs cant play in any comps not sanctioned by them. Therefore clubs would have to vote in favour of allowing the breakaway 6 to particiapate which I cant see happening.

The ESL statement suggests that it would be a midweek league with clubs still participating in domestic setup. Effectively having their cake and eating it.

Simple solution for me is for EPL, FA, Uefa and Fifa to just come out and say. Any club that plays in the ESA cannot play in domestic league and any player cant play International football. 

That would kill the idea dead as no way would these clubs or players be happy with playing just the ESA.

Put in the statement that any club wishing to return to domestic setup in the future has to do so from conference.

48 minutes ago, Marky said:

I don't know.

You could have a point. International definitely is not seen as the Holy Grail for players anymore. Playing in the EPL and the European Cup is.

This could turn into a mess very quickly.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I believe its part of the EPL rules that clubs cant play in any comps not sanctioned by them. Therefore clubs would have to vote in favour of allowing the breakaway 6 to particiapate which I cant see happening.

The ESL statement suggests that it would be a midweek league with clubs still participating in domestic setup. Effectively having their cake and eating it.

Simple solution for me is for EPL, FA, Uefa and Fifa to just come out and say. Any club that plays in the ESA cannot play in domestic league and any player cant play International football. 

That would kill the idea dead as no way would these clubs or players be happy with playing just the ESA.

Put in the statement that any club wishing to return to domestic setup in the future has to do so from conference.

That’s the way I’d do it. No nonsense. 

16 hours ago, duncan II said:

“FIFA will need to bab each player” makes sense?

16 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. He's smart enough to see that it was a typo.

:)

Q - How many grammar pedants does it take to change a lightbulb?

A - Too.

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Aye, that's a possibility - money talks, after all.  

The main reason I can't see it happening is that a lot of wealthy people and powerful organisations oppose it.  They'll come to some sort of compromise.

JOSE MOURINHO has revealed he told Scott McTominay to go with his heart when he picked Scotland in 2018.

The Special One was the Manchester United boss at the time the English-born midfielder made his big decision.

He said: “When he had doubts about waiting for England or going immediately with Scotland, I admit I told him, ‘Go safe’.

“I asked him, ‘Does your heart tell you that Scotland means something to you?’ and he said it did — a lot.

“So that’s how he made the decision to play for Scotland.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the reaction of a few Manchester United fans when McTominay shows his encouragement about the fans being allowed back into Old Trafford

You’ll be booed off the pitch

— Somatic (@Goatba6) May 16, 2021

Why is he always talking? Scott really thinks he’s a good footballer..

— Nicole (@Nicole69631406) May 16, 2021

Careful for what you ask for…l am sure with a packed Old Trafford you would have been booed off the pitch on more than one occasion this season

— Loucas Andreou (@LoucasAndreou2) May 16, 2021

He will soon change his mind as the fans will certainly show their feelings towards his performances lately

— lee taylor (@taylorlee1989) May 16, 2021

It’s a shame he’s not got talent to back up his passion he needs a loan move to a mid table premier league club

— Callum (@CallumWill_02) May 16, 2021

Rather here it from a proper footballer

— josh? (@UTD__josh01) May 16, 2021

They will boo you alot

— Run rem liana (@liana_rem) May 16, 2021

Lol first u start playing well as a professional player then we will talk abt the fans

— UnitedStand (@UnitedStand10) May 16, 2021

Nobody is supporting you

— . (@PoisonousPogba) May 16, 2021

Garbage footballer

— Matthew ?? (@zassinho11) May 16, 2021

Scott must not be allowed to play for Utd anymore, that guy is a horrible fellow, can’t even do a simple thing right, how Ole starts him every game is a joke

— Joel Ugute (@JoelUgute) May 16, 2021

He must like the sound of being booed at??

— MOJOMAN (@goal4best) May 16, 2021

No, he just isn’t good enough. It’s nothing about being a “kid”’or understanding football. Would he get in any of the other top 5 teams midfield? No! That’s the answer. He’s not good enough.

— Pip Tomlinson (@pipalextom) May 16, 2021

I'm sure the majority of the other responses couldn't be published. 

Kinda reminds me of some of the abuse Oliver McBurnie gets on here. Or got, before the injury. Now people are feigning sympathy. 

I'm no saint, I don't rate Adams or Armstrong, and I'm not shy in letting it be known, but I don't enter personal abuse territory. 

At the end of the day, footballers are only human. No way does McTominay deserve the kind of abuse that I read every day on Redcafe. He's a humble lad who gives everything.

Let's just hope Scott McTominay reads these types of messages, and he shows the Manchester United fans that give him abuse, just how good he is.

Would be amazing if he scored the winner on the June, 18th.

Edited by Taylor1996

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Here is the reaction of a few Manchester United fans when McTominay shows his encouragement about the fans being allowed back into Old Trafford

You’ll be booed off the pitch

— Somatic (@Goatba6) May 16, 2021

Why is he always talking? Scott really thinks he’s a good footballer..

— Nicole (@Nicole69631406) May 16, 2021

Careful for what you ask for…l am sure with a packed Old Trafford you would have been booed off the pitch on more than one occasion this season

— Loucas Andreou (@LoucasAndreou2) May 16, 2021

He will soon change his mind as the fans will certainly show their feelings towards his performances lately

— lee taylor (@taylorlee1989) May 16, 2021

It’s a shame he’s not got talent to back up his passion he needs a loan move to a mid table premier league club

— Callum (@CallumWill_02) May 16, 2021

Rather here it from a proper footballer

— josh? (@UTD__josh01) May 16, 2021

They will boo you alot

— Run rem liana (@liana_rem) May 16, 2021

Lol first u start playing well as a professional player then we will talk abt the fans

— UnitedStand (@UnitedStand10) May 16, 2021

Nobody is supporting you

— . (@PoisonousPogba) May 16, 2021

Garbage footballer

— Matthew ?? (@zassinho11) May 16, 2021

Scott must not be allowed to play for Utd anymore, that guy is a horrible fellow, can’t even do a simple thing right, how Ole starts him every game is a joke

— Joel Ugute (@JoelUgute) May 16, 2021

He must like the sound of being booed at??

— MOJOMAN (@goal4best) May 16, 2021

No, he just isn’t good enough. It’s nothing about being a “kid”’or understanding football. Would he get in any of the other top 5 teams midfield? No! That’s the answer. He’s not good enough.

— Pip Tomlinson (@pipalextom) May 16, 2021

I'm sure the majority of the other responses couldn't be published. 

Kinda reminds me of some of the abuse Oliver McBurnie gets on here. Or got, before the injury. Now people are feigning sympathy. 

I'm no saint, I don't rate Adams or Armstrong, and I'm not shy in letting it be known, but I don't enter personal abuse territory. 

At the end of the day, footballers are only human. No way does McTominay deserve the kind of abuse that I read every day on Redcafe. He's a humble lad who gives everything.

Let's just hope Scott McTominay reads these types of messages, and he shows the Manchester United fans that give him abuse, just how good he is.

Would be amazing if he scored the winner on the June, 18th.

He's a pretty decent player.  Not particularly talented but he drives the team forward.  Reminds me of Roy Keane 

1 hour ago, roverboy said:

He's a pretty decent player.  Not particularly talented but he drives the team forward.  Reminds me of Roy Keane 

United fans have been spoiled over the years with world class midfielders like Keane, Robson, Scholes and then Carrick, Park and Fletcher (who would've entered the realm of world class if illness didn't halt his career).

They forget about the liikes of Djemba-Djemba, Anderson, Schneiderlin, etc.

McTominay is easily the equal of Butt, Herrera and Ince.

4 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Seemed fine at the premiere of Sir Alex's new documentary. Was walking no bother. 

Walking and playing football are two completely different things but I hope you’re right.

It can’t be that bad obviously but might only be painful when he runs or kicks a ball. 

46 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

So those so-called United fans know more than SAF! Ignore them Scott - they don't deserve you.

Yeah. Found that a bit of a divvy post . ‘Look, idiots posting shite on t’internet ‘ . Like this. 

Scott McTominay hits back at Roy Keane after criticism

You have to admire Scott's maturity.

I have to disagree with Roy Keane on this one. If Manchester United buy a partner for Maguire, (Lindelof is made of paper) buy an established right winger, as well as a world class striker, they could very well win a major trophy with Fred and McTominay in the midfield. 

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Scott McTominay hits back at Roy Keane after criticism

You have to admire Scott's maturity.

I have to disagree with Roy Keane on this one. If Manchester United buy a partner for Maguire, (Lindelof is made of paper) buy an established right winger, as well as a world class striker, they could very well win a major trophy with Fred and McTominay in the midfield. 

Crossing from another thread, Souness = Keane. Fantastic footballers, failed managers ( except when Souness had all of David Murray's money ) and abysmal pundits, both aim to shock rather than give any meaningful insight into anything.

Probably Man u will win something tonight with Scott McTominey as integral part of midfield.