Scott McTominay - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

Chripper

Nice to see Scott McTominay get some love after receiving so much Fletchesque abuse from Manchester United fans: Scott McTominay - What's his potential?

And take note, not many people are caning him for losing the ball against Norwich. Manchester United fans don't need much of an excuse to give abuse to a blonde Scottish midfielder.

Guest ElChris04
On 10/31/2019 at 3:59 PM, kwhitelaw said:

If Scotland's style of play were similar to Celtic's I'd be in total agreement.  But would Christie be of any use with Clarke's **route 1 hoofball tactics?**

That’s really what annoys me with Clarke. I fully believe we have outfield players to play better than that, but we’ve been playing like Kilmarnock, I was hoping Clarke would adapt but it just isn’t great to see. 

By no means am I seeing we’re world beaters, but we have good players who’s ability’s will never be utilised with those tactics. 

56 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Apologies in advance that's it's the daily mail, but it came up in my news feed.....

Daily Mail: Man United's Scott McTominay is showing why Jose Mourinho created an award just for him.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7638889/Scott-McTominay-showing-Jose-Mourinho-created-award-just-him.html

Great article. 

And now on the Redcafe he's the worst player ever to play for Manchester United. :P

This is his first season as a regular, so he'll have his up and downs. I wish he had senior players that he could look at for inspiration, but when the senior players are as hopeless as Young, Lingard, etc, what hope does he have?

5/10 today.

2 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

And now on the Redcafe he's the worst player ever to play for Manchester United. :P

This is his first season as a regular, so he'll have his up and downs. I wish he had senior players that he could look at for inspiration, but when the senior players are as hopeless as Young, Lingard, etc, what hope does he have?

5/10 today.

Lingard has to be the only footballer ever to still be called a promising player when he is about to turn 27.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:14 PM, AndyDD said:

Having gotten around to seeing the highlights of the Norwich v Man U last night, the goal McTominay costs his side really, really annoyed me. 

I think he's already one of our best players and should be starting (when not suspended for daft bookings) but my god, that goal... fair enough you get caught on the ball, it happens, but I don't care if the game is done, you're at fault, your team is in danger, you burst your arse to hare after the guy. He just jogs back, casually, staying behind the Norwich player. Doesn't even put in a sprint. Was like Charlie Adam in Wales. 

Really does my tits in, that. 

I know it is a bit harsh, given he has been their best performing player for awhile now and had a good game by all accounts (took his goal really well) but that sort of thing in a player worries me. 

Just got a flashback of Adams in Wales now. 

*shudders*

11 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

It actually looked quite bad. He was reaching and he seemed to pull up and get caught.

He tried to play on, but he ended up on the turf. He ended up limping down the tunnel.

Might be out of commission for a couple of weeks.

If he manages to get back for the weekend should be fine, but already being called a doubt. 

Unfortunate if he misses out. Been feeling like he'd get a goal for us soon. What a reaction that'd get from the support. 

3 hours ago, AndyDD said:

If he manages to get back for the weekend should be fine, but already being called a doubt. 

Unfortunate if he misses out. Been feeling like he'd get a goal for us soon. What a reaction that'd get from the support. 

You can tell from his face, when he was on the ground, he was in loads of pain. It was more of a muscle injury than an in impactful one.

He went over on his ankle.

Knowing injuries like that personally, he may be able to heal in time for Sunday, if he does, he'll probably meet up with our squad 

7 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

You can tell from his face, when he was on the ground, he was in loads of pain. It was more of a muscle injury than an in impactful one.

He went over on his ankle.

Knowing injuries like that personally, he may be able to heal in time for Sunday, if he does, he'll probably meet up with our squad 

Fingers crossed he makes it right enough then. Aye if he makes the weekend he'll be fine so that's what to look for.

.. Unless he's unfortunate enough to exacerbate it, I guess. 

They are welcome to give him a wee rest to ensure he's fresh, though, I'll no complain ;) 

2 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Fingers crossed he makes it right enough then. Aye if he makes the weekend he'll be fine so that's what to look for.

.. Unless he's unfortunate enough to exacerbate it, I guess. 

They are welcome to give him a wee rest to ensure he's fresh, though, I'll no complain ;) 

Initially he tried to walk/run it off for about five minutes, as he's a tough lad and he just wants to play, but he just couldn't. I hope he misses the Brighton match.

OGS is over playing him. He's starting in the league, cup matches and in Europe. God know how bad the United midfield will be in absence.

11 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Initially he tried to walk/run it off for about five minutes, as he's a tough lad and he just wants to play, but he just couldn't. I hope he misses the Brighton match.

OGS is over playing him. He's starting in the league, cup matches and in Europe. God know how bad the United midfield will be in absence.

Suppose he is trying to get as much momentum as possible and so is leaning on his consistent and trustworthy performers to try and arrest the slide they'd been on, I also quite like that somebody in down there is taking their league cup seriously, but aye he's over exerting him and others. 

I can understand the temptation to keep playing; as you say, his absence will be notable. 

8 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Hopefully he doesn't teirney him.

6 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Hopefully he doesn't teirney him.

I was thinking that.

I think it'll be alright. Celtic played Tierney pretty much non-stop from the age of what, 19? McTominay is 22, so it's definitely different in this case. 

At this stage in McTominay's career, the more matches he gets under his belt, the better. Tierney's case was crazy, Celtic completely over-worked him and relied too much from him, even though, obviously they didn't need to. They could've unretired Tom Boyd for the previous 3 years and they still would've won the SPL.