Scott McTominay - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

Chripper

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

You just said that you would play a 0-8-3-0

Either you're trying to take the piss or Boots is shut and you've ran out of meds.

Citing history, I'd say that it's lack of football knowledge... and the meds thing.

Can I have some of your meds? you sound like the kinda guy who has plenty. Can you please stay on topic or leave. 

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Can I have some of your meds? you sound like the kinda guy who has plenty. Can you please stay on topic or leave. 

Oh. Sorry, but the "turning an insult" around only works when it's against someone who it works again.

Rookie mistake, Captain Courage.

Oh. Absolutely, so please, educate me. Who would you play in your 0-8-3-0 system?

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

I will explain it once my meds kick in. 

Can't wait.

You DID say "quintuple pivot with a double anchorman and a triple trequartista.'

Is it 0-2-5-3-0?

You've piqued my interest. How would it work? No defenders or strikers? Pretty bold move. Is it a fluid system? Do players in the quintuple pivot have license to get back and form into a defensive shape, ala, a back 3/5?

I'm not really worried about the triple trequataquintuple pivot with a double anchorman and a triple trequartista, as that can be moulded into a fluid three false 9s.

58 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Think Scott is already in the spine of a finely developing  Scotland team / squad that has plenty games this year to work with .  
Seems to enjoy his playing anaw. . 

He is.

Definitely captain material.

With the emergence of Gilmour and Turnbull as well, things are looking up. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

We are lucky the guy picked us. He could be playing in a hugely talented England side. 

Said it before but definitely McLeish's most lasting contribution in his second spell. Just ahead of getting us to the play offs, or we did that despite McLeish?

4 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Said it before but definitely McLeish's most lasting contribution in his second spell. Just ahead of getting us to the play offs, or we did that despite McLeish?

Not sure tbh. Either way he did well getting mctominay on board. Guys captain material and an excellent player. 

Not to bring up the foot debate again, as. I. Just. Don't. Care.

Watching the Arsenal vs Leeds match.  Smith Rowe (right footed), played on the left and Saka (left footed) played on the right. Arsenal's left back, Soares, is right footed. Also, Stuart Armstrong has been playing mainly on the left a lot this season.

Some people underestimate football players and simply do not understand football.

On topic.

Another strong performance by Scott McTominay. Too bad their two centre backs are too easy to bully.

Edited by Taylor1996

29 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Watching the Arsenal vs Leeds match.  Smith Rowe (right footed), played on the left and Saka (left footed) played on the right. Arsenal's left back, Soares, is right footed. Also, Stuart Armstrong has been playing mainly on the left a lot this season.

Some people underestimate football players and simply do not understand football.

On topic.

Another strong performance by Scott McTominay. Too bad their two centre backs are too easy to bully.

LOL. you don't care, I think you will find it's us that don't CARE. 

Have you figured out the quintuple pivot yet? 

29 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

LOL. you don't care, I think you will find it's us that don't CARE. 

Have you figured out the quintuple pivot yet? 

(You're talking for everyone now? Diamond Scot was the one that brought it up. I think he is big enough and smart enough to speak for himself. If you want to keep following me around and acting like a pouty child, fine. I take it as a compliment. If you have beef with me, be a big boy and take it away from the board and PM me. I'm not answering any more of your nonsense Personally, you aren't even on my radar.

Thanks. :))

McTominay had a shot cleared off the line. So close to 5 goals in 5 matches.

Hopefully Steve Clarke thinks outside the box and considers playing McTominay as a striker. I don't trust Shankland, Nisbet (not even considering Patterson (sp?))

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

And yet this is your comment 

“Damn, just found out that Fleck is left footed. Take out Fleck and replace him with McGregor.” 

Keep digging though 😂 

8 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

On topic.

Im pretty sure Arteta knows what foot these guys play with though which is the point you seem to be missing. 

Soares played left back and is right footed. Arteta has already said how this changes the way they have to play. 

It was me that brought up inside forwards playing on the opposite side from the foot they kick with. The key thing however is that its known and accepted that this changes the style of the team. Normally if a right winger is left footed for example its so that he cuts inside (usually onto the left backs weaker foot) and thus creating space for a right footed right back to overlap on the outside.

We dont play with wingers so its important that our wing backs can swing in crosses with their good foot and not have to cut inside where we purposefully make it conjested.

12 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

On topic.

According to whoscored Armstrong has played 15 times on the right, 3 times on the left and twice in the center of midfield.

I really don't get why you are so against playing him as a wing back as far as I can see- he isn't bad in a defensive manner, his final ball in the opposition third is excellent and he has the stamina and speed needed for the position. He has proved himself as more than good enough for the EPL over the last season and  half.

Considering you think playing out of position isn't that hard for a decent player, surely as one of our best and highest performing players Armstrong would be more capable than most of doing so.

Final point. He is a far better and more experienced player now than he was when we played England.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

8 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

And yet this is your comment 

“Damn, just found out that Fleck is left footed. Take out Fleck and replace him with McGregor.” 

Keep digging though 😂 

Hmmm... should I use smaller words or keep it more simple?

"It don't much matter what a player's dominant foot is".

Cant do much better than that.

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im pretty sure Arteta knows what foot these guys play with though which is the point you seem to be missing. 

Soares played left back and is right footed. Arteta has already said how this changes the way they have to play. 

It was me that brought up inside forwards playing on the opposite side from the foot they kick with. The key thing however is that its known and accepted that this changes the style of the team. Normally if a right winger is left footed for example its so that he cuts inside (usually onto the left backs weaker foot) and thus creating space for a right footed right back to overlap on the outside.

We dont play with wingers so its important that our wing backs can swing in crosses with their good foot and not have to cut inside where we purposefully make it conjested.

If we did play with inverted wingback then we could instruct either the LCD or RCD wo overlap them and do what Sheffield United did last year with their overlapping centrebacks.

That's the thing about our current system, it's flexible. Atalanta were the first ones to deploy it, and last season they were scoring 6 and 7 goals in Serie A, because they were bamboozling the opposition. 

13 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

On topic.

I think most posters know what Taylor1996 is like but I just want to point out what he's done here incase anyone thinks that he's being treated unfairly (like he does). 

His initial post suggested playing Fleck at RWB, he then took this back when he reaslied that he was left footed. Showing a preference of playing a right footer at RWB. 

He then suggested McGregor could play there, again not realising he was left footed despite him having 26 caps for Scotland. 

He then argued that he cant tell a players preference of foot because he is watching the ball instead. 

And also changed his mind about wing backs playing on their opposite side. Trying to change the argument to suit him. 

Also note, after watching this game that he's now able to determine the favoured foot of random Arsenal players despite him not being able to do this with Scotland payers.  

For what its worth I don't mind wing backs playing on the side of their weaker foot. I'd like to see Tierney play RWB, ideally in a friendly first. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

According to whoscored Armstrong has played 15 times on the right, 3 times on the left and twice in the center of midfield.

I really don't get why you are so against playing him as a wing back as far as I can see- he isn't bad in a defensive manner, his final ball in the opposition third is excellent and he has the stamina and speed needed for the position. He has proved himself as more than good enough for the EPL over the last season and  half.

Considering you think playing out of position isn't that hard for a decent player, surely as one of our best and highest performing players Armstrong would be more capable than most of doing so.

Final point. He is a far better and more experienced player now than he was when we played England.

He started on the right against, but look the Southamptop goal. He was on the left when he set it up. Minamino is left footed (and started on the right), those two switched positions a few times in the match.

I just don't trust him. What he did against England was unforgivable. People can call it illogical if they want. It's my opinion.

I wouldn't even have him in the squad, never mind the first XI.

Forget about my bias. What has he actually done in a Scotland shirt? 2 goals in 22 matches. I'd guess, zero assists. He's never impressed me.

7 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

I think most posters know what Taylor1996 is like but I just want to point out what he's done here incase anyone thinks that he's being treated unfairly (like he does). 

His initial post suggested playing Fleck at RWB, he then took this back when he reaslied that he was left footed. Showing a preference of playing a right footer at RWB. 

He then suggested McGregor could play there, again not realising he was left footed despite him having 26 caps for Scotland. 

He then argued that he cant tell a players preference of foot because he is watching the ball instead. 

And also changed his mind about wing backs playing on their opposite side. Trying to change the argument to suit him. 

Also note, after watching this game that he's now able to determine the favoured foot of random Arsenal players despite him not being able to do this with Scotland payers.  

For what its worth I don't mind wing backs playing on the side of their weaker foot. I'd like to see Tierney play RWB, ideally in a friendly first. 

Did I forget that Fleck and McGregor were left footed? Yes. As far as sticks to beat me with, that's pretty puny.

I didn't take anything back.

I WOULD play either of them as RWB.

Edited by Taylor1996

Just now, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Yes. Because I forget which were their dominant foot.

Is this Groundhog day?

I forgot which were their dominant foot.

Would I rather play a right footer on the right? Sure. But it wouldn't be the end of the world playing a left footer.

I forgot which were their dominant foot.

20 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Sure it does. 

People talking about players "can't play in different positions", or on "weaker sides,", etc. This isn't table-football. Footballers DO move around the pitch and find themselves on different positions and *gasp* positions that oppose their dominant foot.

They're paid a small fortune (and some, not so small), I think they should be expected to be comfortable on a pitch, no matter the side.

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

People talking about players "can't play in different positions", or on "weaker sides,", etc. This isn't table-football. Footballers DO move around the pitch and find themselves on different positions and *gasp* positions that oppose their dominant foot.

They're paid a small fortune (and some, not so small), I think they should be expected to be comfortable on a pitch, no matter the side.

Depends on the player and the position, Tierney for example would be a different player at right back compared with left back because he’s left footed, something you acknowledged when you realised McGregor and Fleck aren’t right footed