Scott McTominay - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

Chripper

On 11/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, The_Dark_Knight said:

Mmmhhh... Someone gave a laughing emoji at one of our best players being injured for a month.

I think you should maybe read the posts instead of only looking at the smileys!

Context is everything and all that.

Class from McTominay to do the same as Robertson and go up to see the squad. 

A nice touch and hopefully an indication of good camaraderie in the group. 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Class from McTominay to do the same as Robertson and go up to see the squad. 

A nice touch and hopefully an indication of good camaraderie in the group. 

Totally.

They didn't have to do that, but it's a nice touch, especially from McTominay who is only 22. Just shows you, age or money doesnt bring class.

1 minute ago, andyD said:

Pretty sure it was me.. and the post i put that smiley on what making a joke about liam henderson.

This one, too? https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/13218-scott-mctominay/&do=findComment&comment=549075

I might be alone. But a post about a young man suffering from ligament danage isn't really a laughing matter. But maybe I'm missing the context...

18 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

This one, too? https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/13218-scott-mctominay/&do=findComment&comment=549075

I might be alone. But a post about a young man suffering from ligament danage isn't really a laughing matter. But maybe I'm missing the context...

Probably a misclick.. i wouldn't get worked up about it.

If someone did do that on purpose, they're a prat.
Sadly where there are people there are prats.
That's life.

5 hours ago, daviebee said:

I genuinely hope the both of you get well soon.

With that, I assume you believe the assertion that I have more than one account here? Yeah. Totally. I'll let you in on a wee secret... I actually make up 50% of the TAMB. ;)

I find it exceedingly flattering that a tiny circle of people think me as omnipotent.

I mean, for people to follow me around, marking all my posts with laughing emojis... It's as flattering as it is frickin' weird. 

It won't make me stop posting. Why would it? It's flattering. So keep em coming. The more, the merrier.

:)

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

With that, I assume you believe the assertion that I have more than one account here? Yeah. Totally. I'll let you in on a wee secret... I actually make up 50% of the TAMB. ;)

I find it exceedingly flattering that a tiny circle of people think me as omnipotent.

I mean, for people to follow me around, marking all my posts with laughing emojis... It's as flattering as it is frickin' weird. 

It won't make me stop posting. Why would it? It's flattering. So keep em coming. The more, the merrier.

:)

I thought he was talking about you and McTominay? 

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Why would I have to get well soon? Better well soon from what?

Don't bother answer, as it'll most probably be "I'm done'.

I mean, I imagine the joke was that you have some mental health problems to recover from while McTominay recovers from his physical issues. Not very funny or cool I guess, but I'm just explaining it. No need to get touchy with me. 

Edited by mrniaboc

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

I mean, I imagine the joke was that you have some mental health problems to recover from while McTominay recovers from his physical issues. Not very funny or cool I guess, but I'm just explaining it. No need to get touchy with me. 

Apparently, he thinks mental illness is something to be laughed at. Which is in pretty poor taste, if you ask me

As for the stalkers following me around with the laughing emojis. Well, joke's on them, as they're giving me rep. They're perpetually making me the most popular TAMB contributor, which is rather sweet. :)

As far as your question in my Euro 2020 threads go (don't want to answer them in those threads, as i want them to did).

No. I don't think our players playing in high tension matches is good, at all. The entire European Championship 2020 qualifiers have been high tension, and we've all seem how they've dealt with it.

Andy Robertson said it himself, after we took the lead against Russia, the Scotland players panicked. They're just a bunch of bottlers.

In my opinion the Playoffs are just a total write-off.

The sooner the current players are phased out, and replaced by players from the u17s/19s/21s the better.

If people here think we'll win the Playoffs, well... Good luck with all that...

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

7 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Apparently, he thinks mental illness is something to be laughed at. Which is in pretty poor taste, if you ask me

As for the stalkers following me around with the laughing emojis. Well, joke's on them, as they're giving me rep. They're perpetually making me the most popular TAMB contributor, which is rather sweey. :)

As far as your question in my Euro 2020 threads go (don't want to answer them in those threads, as i want them to did).

No. I don't think our players playing in high tension matches is good, at all. The entire European Championship 2020 qualifiers have been high tension, and we've all seem how they've dealt with it.

Andy Robertson said it himself, after we took the lead against Russia, the Scotland players panicked. They're just a bunch of bottlers.

In my opinion the Playoffs are just a total write-off.

The sooner the current players are phased out, and replaced by players from the u17s/19s/21s the better.

If people here think we'll win the Playoffs, well... Good luck with all that...

I understand your viewpoint, and reluctance to get interested in the playoffs, but if we go along writing off important Scotland matches because we're afraid we won't win, then we should probably just stop supporting the team altogether. 

These players were given the chance of a playoff spot, and they took it. I think we should at least give them our support for those games now. You're almost certainly right that we won't win it, but there's a tangible chance we will, and if we do you'll be missing out on the party of the century! Why not employ Pascal's Wager here? 

5 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I understand your viewpoint, and reluctance to get interested in the playoffs, but if we go along writing off important Scotland matches because we're afraid we won't win, then we should probably just stop supporting the team altogether. 

These players were given the chance of a playoff spot, and they took it. I think we should at least give them our support for those games now. You're almost certainly right that we won't win it, but there's a tangible chance we will, and if we do you'll be missing out on the party of the century! Why not employ Pascal's Wager here? 

Not at all. Supporting Scotland isnt about glory hunting. What I'm saying is that, currently, we are in no fit state to be anywhere near a major tournament. 

Look at Norway, Haaland is probably the most talked about teenager right now. He'll rag-doll our defence.

I'd rather put all our eggs in the qualifiers for the World Cup. Or at the VERY least, promote a batch of kids from the under 21s and even the under17s to play in the playoffs. Watching players like Mulgrew and Naismith and Gallacher and McLean, etc, go through the motions against Norway will be soul-destroying.

11 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Not at all. Supporting Scotland isnt about glory hunting. What I'm saying is that, currently, we are in no fit state to be anywhere near a major tournament. 

Look at Norway, Haaland is probably the most talked about teenager right now. He'll rag-doll our defence.

I'd rather put all our eggs in the qualifiers for the World Cup. Or at the VERY least, promote a batch of kids from the under 21s and even the under17s to play in the playoffs. Watching players like Mulgrew and Naismith and Gallacher and McLean, etc, go through the motions against Norway will be soul-destroying.

What I would do is play 3-5-2 and have 1 of the defenders (perhaps Gallagher) to man mark the guy, this is what we should have done against Russia, but Clarke decided to play 2 of our least physically gifted CB against a physically strong centre forward.

10 minutes ago, Rscot said:

What I would do is play 3-5-2 and have 1 of the defenders (perhaps Gallagher) to man mark the guy, this is what we should have done against Russia, but Clarke decided to play 2 of our least physically gifted CB against a physically strong centre forward.

Yeah. Gets my vote. Cant remember thd last time we stuck a player on someone... Probably McLaren on Baggio.

The lad has a price tag of £80m. Only 19, scored 7 in 4 European Cup matches.

I'm not even sure we'll win the semi final, though.

4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Yeah. Gets my vote. Cant remember thd last time we stuck a player on someone... Probably McLaren on Baggio.

The lad has a price tag of £80m. Only 19, scored 7 in 4 European Cup matches.

I'm not even sure we'll win the semi final, though.

Gallagher is a big, strong defender, and if his man drops into midfield and Gallagher follows and wins possession, he’s decent on the ball

I must say though I’m giving my opinions on players that I’ve seen, there’s a lot of players I’ve only seen briefly or not at all, there maybe better suited players eligible for Scotland out there that I have little or no knowledge of. 

Edited by Rscot

10 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Gallagher is a big, strong defender, and if his man drops into midfield and Gallagher follows and wins possession, he’s decent on the ball

I must say though I’m giving my opinions on players that I’ve seen, there’s a lot of players I’ve only seen briefly or not at all, there maybe better suited players eligible for Scotland out there that I have little or no knowledge of. 

I'd go with that.

Yeah. That's pretty much one of the plus points about a back three, one of them can be used as a dedicated man-marker, leaving the other two do mop up.

I doubt Clarke is bold enough, though. He seems pretty set in his ways in a "four at the back" way.