Scott McTominay - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

Chripper

I think the answer is in what OGS said. We don’t have many players in that position so I hope he is not out for long. Man Utd need him more than we do as our next 2 games are dead rubbers. They want him to have a rest and are scared in case he gets injured.

McTominay meant to be a down to earth, genuine guy who gives his all for Utd and Scotland. Cannot see him pulling out unless he genuinely cannot play - the fact he was taken off on a stretcher suggests it was fairly serious unfortunately. Not sure why United didn't take him off with 10/15 mins to go when they were in control - probably an indication of their reliance on him now.

Just now, stitch said:

I think the answer is in what OGS said. We don’t have many players in that position so I hope he is not out for long. Man Utd need him more than we do as our next 2 games are dead rubbers. They want him to have a rest and are scared in case he gets injured.

People keep calling games dead rubbers. I don't see them like that at all unless our opposition are treating them in the same way because they can't qualify.

The two countries we are up against have as much if not more national pride than we do.

Not to mention the fact that we have hopefully our two biggest games in recent years coming up to prepare for.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

People keep calling games dead rubbers. I don't see them like that at all unless our opposition are treating them in the same way because they can't qualify.

The two countries we are up against have as much if not more national pride than we do.

Not to mention the fact that we have hopefully our two biggest games in recent years coming up to prepare for.

Agreed totally. Playing for your country should never be seen as pointless. It boils my piss to see and hear so called “fans” refer to it as such. 

Guest ElChris04
2 hours ago, WCTA said:

Agreed totally. Playing for your country should never be seen as pointless. It boils my piss to see and hear so called “fans” refer to it as such. 

I’ve been guilty of calling them dead rubber. But looking at the bigger picture are they really? These games are actually vital for Clarke to hopefully find the best system before the big playoffs next year. Failing to do that is really worrying. Aswell as hopefully reaping revenge on Kazakhstan. 

24 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

His lookalike Liam Henderson is way way way overdue a call up.  Absolute joke that a widely highly regarded serie A player is ignored by us. (I live and coach in Italy so I’m well aware that Liam Henderson is rated here).

He's rated in Italy?

It's actually a good shout. I mean, he played 30 mins in the San Saro. That's worth more than a couple of season of matches in the SPL. Plus he's travelling to these stadiums and seeing superstars close-up, etc.

I'd call him up.

Besides, if you take out McGinn and McTominay, our midfield options are pretty mediocre.

To be honest, I'm not really invested in the upcoming matches, so I'm all for experimenting. All our matches will be dead rubbers till the World Cup qualifiers.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

5 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

His lookalike Liam Henderson is way way way overdue a call up.  Absolute joke that a widely highly regarded serie A player is ignored by us. (I live and coach in Italy so I’m well aware that Liam Henderson is rated here).

How comes he hasn't started a game since the 1st of September?

Edited by ceudmilefailte

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

10 hours ago, WCTA said:

7 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

I’ve been guilty of calling them dead rubber. But looking at the bigger picture are they really? These games are actually vital for Clarke to hopefully find the best system before the big playoffs next year. Failing to do that is really worrying. Aswell as hopefully reaping revenge on Kazakhstan. 

It's one of my pet hates when people call these matches dead rubbers. If we were guaranteed 3rd already and had no playoff to prepare for then these matches could be classed as dead rubbers.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It's one of my pet hates when people call these matches dead rubbers. If we were guaranteed 3rd already and had no playoff to prepare for then these matches could be classed as dead rubbers.

Agreed, and also one for the Wanky Phrase thread.

Do we not really need to win both these games to get/keep the seeding for the WC qualifiers?

Couple of wins could help our FIFA ranking which, if i remember correctly, are used when working out the seedings for the qualifiers.

With that in mind the games are still important even though qualification from this group isn't possible.

16 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

With respect, rated by who? Not his club. He's played 31 minutes of his clubs last 900 minutes in the league.

He looks like a back up player for a poor Serie A side currently playing above themselves.

Nothing about that screams 'I deserve a call up' to me.

Liam HEnderson looks like little face from the Film Dick Tracy

This adds nothing to the debate about whether he deserves a call up

EDIT - I may have got the character name wrong, it may be flat top not little face

Edited by vanderark14

3 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Man It's think McTominay might be missing for four weeks, don't think he'll be faking that

He injured his ankle against Partizan Belgrade (Hobbled off at 75 mins). He then injured his ankle against Brighton. He should never have started on Sunday.

He probably played because he's too honest and wanted to play through the pain.

After Thursday I thought he'd be out for a couple of weeks. I think it'll be at least four weeks.

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

He injured his ankle against Partizan Belgrade (Hobbled off at 75 mins). He then injured his ankle against Brighton. He should never have started on Sunday.

He probably played because he's too honest and wanted to play through the pain.

After Thursday I thought he'd be out for a couple of weeks. I think it'll be at least four weeks.

Mmmhhh... Someone gave a laughing emoji at one of our best players being injured for a month.

There's a small group of very strange people in this place. It's evident that they are not Scotland supporters.

And I've just had one because I said Porteous is about to play a vital match against Greece. :lol: 

I'm being stalked by the joker, stands to reason, what with me being The Dark Knight. Also stands to reason that The Dark Knight always kicks the joker's ass. ;)

To regain full range of motion takes six weeks: https://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/sprained-ankle

Personally, I think it's going to take longer.

Why this would amuse anyone who's posting in the "Tartan Army Posting Board' is unfathomable. I just hope the lad doesn't browse this thread and think that we're laughing at him being injured.

There are one or two people here who are quite clearly sick in the head. Why they're here, if they don't support Scotland, I have not an idea. What I do know is that they're cowards who are hiding behind emojis.

Pathetic people.

Hopefully the lad gets well soon. The sensible Scotland fans will surely wish him a full recovery, too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11667/11859849/manchester-united-unsure-when-scott-mctominay-will-return-from-ankle-knock

McTominay actually turned up to meet with the squad on Monday. Whilst injured.

This lad is made of the right stuff.

And there's no doubt that the Brighton player meant it:

https://streamable.com/b0yc4

On 11/11/2019 at 11:25 PM, The_Dark_Knight said:

To regain full range of motion takes six weeks: https://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/sprained-ankle

Personally, I think it's going to take longer.

Why this would amuse anyone who's posting in the "Tartan Army Posting Board' is unfathomable. I just hope the lad doesn't browse this thread and think that we're laughing at him being injured.

There are one or two people here who are quite clearly sick in the head. Why they're here, if they don't support Scotland, I have not an idea. What I do know is that they're cowards who are hiding behind emojis.

Pathetic people.

Hopefully the lad gets well soon. The sensible Scotland fans will surely wish him a full recovery, too.

I genuinely hope the both of you get well soon.