Scott McTominay - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

Chripper

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

So rather than be rested with an ankle knock, United played him and now he will be out injured for far longer. Pretty poor management of McTominay there. As usual, Scotland will now lose out.

The only blessing is we have cover as long as no more injuries in that area. 

2 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

So rather than be rested with an ankle knock, United played him and now he will be out injured for far longer. Pretty poor management of McTominay there. As usual, Scotland will now lose out.

This will give jack or fleck an opportunity at DM. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

This will give jack or fleck an opportunity at DM. 

Fleck has been very good for Sheff Utd recently and deserves his chance.  Was playing league 1/Championship for years and has taken to the PL like a duck to water, now 28 it makes you wonder why has it taken so long.

4 minutes ago, JECK said:

Fleck has been very good for Sheff Utd recently and deserves his chance.  Was playing league 1/Championship for years and has taken to the PL like a duck to water, now 28 it makes you wonder why has it taken so long.

I didn't realise fleck was that old. Whether its him or jack I'm not fussed. They both deserve an opportunity, they'll both be full of confidence considering the start both have made with their clubs.

I wasnt keen on jack playing but if he is doing it in Europe its impossible to ignore him. Hes still a snake though 😂

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't realise fleck was that old. Whether its him or jack I'm not fussed. They both deserve an opportunity, they'll both be full of confidence considering the start both have made with their clubs.

I wasnt keen on jack playing but if he is doing it in Europe its impossible to ignore him. Hes still a snake though 😂

Mcgregor playing alongside Jack could be an interesting one if that’s the way Clarke goes. 

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

OGS: "Over on his ankle. Painful one. I had one and was out for eight weeks. Could be out for two. We will see."

I'll add "Mystic" to my list of talents.

Pretty suspect this injury. Quite convenient he goes down in the 93rd minute with a recurrence of an injury he sustained in the previous match. A rather convenient injury after completing the full match and one which usually means 8 weeks out but will be probably 2... Just in time for the International break. Enjoy your rest Scott

Edited by bazmidd

14 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Pretty suspect this injury. Quite convenient he goes down in the 93rd minute with a recurrence of an injury he sustained in the previous match. A rather convenient injury after completing the full match and one which usually means 8 weeks out but will be probably 2... Just in time for the International break. Enjoy your rest Scott

He was injured in the match against Patizan Belgrade. He was hobbling for five minutes, but he had to go off as he couldnt stay on his feet. It was an ankle injury on Thursday, the same today.

Remember that he drove up for a dead rubber against San Marino, (whilst being suspended against Russia.) playing in typhoon conditions.

There's no doubting his commitment to Scotland.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

Just now, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I saw a stat the other day saying him and McGinn are in the top 5 for drawing most fouls

I can believe it. 

Every match I've watched this season McTominay has been hacked down on multiple occasions. If SAF was still the manager he'd demand refs gave McTominay (and James) more protection.

34 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Rubbish. 

We’re lucky he chose us, fcuk knows why he did as we are a complete joke. 

His commitment isn’t under question. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Rubbish. 

We’re lucky he chose us, fcuk knows why he did as we are a complete joke. 

His commitment isn’t under question. 

Well its either this or piss poor management from Ole! Seems like one straight out the gaffers handbook if u ask me. Wool over your eyes if you don't think managers make their players do such things. 

20 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Well its either this or piss poor management from Ole! Seems like one straight out the gaffers handbook if u ask me. Wool over your eyes if you don't think managers make their players do such things. 

I watched both matches. Against Belgrade and Brighton.

After coming off on Thursday I didn't expect him to even be on the bench today.

Trust me, he's injured.

The lad has played as many games for us in one year than Tierney has in three.

He shouldn't have played today.

We'll find out tomorrow how long he's out for. Trust me, if he missed our matches he'll probably miss the Sheffield United match.

He's cut from the Darren Fletcher cloth.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

3 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

What has Tierney got to do with Scott Mctominay faking an injury 

Point is, McTominay has showed dedication. He's been an ever present for a year.

I get why people would be suspicious, what with players like Fraser and Tierney pulling out for the smallest reasons, but McTominay is akin to Darren Fletcher. When McTominay pulls out there WILL be an injury behind it.

McTominay deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

We'll find out tomorrow how long he's out for.