alex mcleash sacked - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

alex mcleash sacked

bonny78

The New Murinho should not be sacked but put under extreme pressure to resign as he does not deserve compensation which he does not need. He has been more than adequately rewarded for an abysmal record as a failed manager.

CV

ALEX MCLEISH  (AKA The New Murinho)

POST SCOTLAND CAREER 2007 +

BIRMINGHAM  CITY

2007-8 `I’ve got the New Murinho’ said the Birmingham chairman David Gold. Joined when the club were in a mid table position. Club RELEGATED to the Championship on the last day of his first season

2008-9 Credit where due - promoted at first attempt.   2009-10 Finished in ninth place

2010-11 Won the League Cup Final against Arsenal then the club went into freefall and were AGAIN RELEGATED under McLeish on the final day of the season. The directors kept faith with him but rather than stay and fight with his players for promotion he chose to jump ship – and join their biggest rivals for a rumoured figure of £1m informing Birmingham City of his decision by email

ASTON VILLA

17th JUNE 2011-14th MAY 2012 Took the club to the BRINK OF RELEGATION before a `McLeish Out’ campaign from the fans resulted in termination of his contract. Villa just stayed in the Premiership by  two points.

MAY –DECEMBER 2012 UNEMPLOYED

NOTTINGHAM FOREST

27th DECEMBER 2012 – 5th FEBRUARY 2013 Left the club after FIVE WEEKS by mutual consent following a series of poor results including losing at Birmingham

FEBRUARY 2013 – AUGUST 2014 UNEMPLOYED

GENK  

AUGUST 2014-MARCH 2015  Left club by mutual consent after failing to reach League Play offs

MARCH 2015-FEBRUARY 2016 UNEMPLOYED

ZAMALEK

28TH FEBRUARY 2ND MAY 2016  SACKED  after two months as a result of poor performances

MAY 2016-FEBRUARY 2017 UNEMPLOYED

FERUARY 2017 Again the inept Scottish FA offer a contract to the unemployed manager after he continually touted himself for the Scotland and Rangers job whenever there was a vacancy.“I’m available if they want to call me” was typical of his media quotes.

Conclusion – A nice guy and a great player but an utter dud of a manager who has no sense of loyalty and has amassed a fortune from his failed attempts at management not to mention EBTs.  The SFA took a chance on him whilst unemployed and he used the post to attempt to further his career. The legacy of his time in England is that BIRMINGHAM CITY are STILL struggling to get out of the Championship today and currently staring at League 1 football.

There was an inevitability about his reappointment which was largely due to an old pals act with SFA President Alan McRae.  

All hail the New Murinho!

It beggars belief that the SFA have not made any statement on this whatsoever. And now weeks later still no action been taken.  I think there may be some discussion concerning the LMA and the SFA, and the SFA are needing to show that any dismissal is not because of "mental health" or something - this is my belief. 

On 4/5/2019 at 11:21 AM, Ormond said:

Pleasure to meet you Mr. Rubble in Astana. It gave me great pride to be introduced by yourself to your mate as “The Hun Hater” 😂

I’ll just reply to this post... why did the mods close down the tamb where did it all go wrong thread just because you used it as vehicle of hun abuse. FFS ban the man not the thread. Not that I want anyone banned but you know what I mean ...

Edited by thplinth