New kit - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New kit

paulc76

Keep it simple - that's why so many guys wear tops from Toffs of the early/mid 60s. We have had too many horrendous strips over the years - designers trying to be too clever with the end result as a piss poor kit. 

Edited by Narey1-0

22 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If you want to go with a tartan trim, you can have a tunnocks tea cake as a badge, unless it's my tartan of course.

Now that's a fantastic idea. There's that Italian team that had images of cured meat across their shirts. We could have Tunnocks in shadow across the whole kit.

22 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If you want to go with a tartan trim, you can have a tunnocks tea cake as a badge, unless it's my tartan of course.

15 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Now that's a fantastic idea. There's that Italian team that had images of cured meat across their shirts. We could have Tunnocks in shadow across the whole kit.

Since we shat it in 2014 the logo of one of the biggest nawbaggery companies on our strips would be apt ...

On 3/30/2019 at 11:22 AM, Ally Bongo said:

The usual answer is that it was the Queen's Park kit

However the first International Rugby game was played a year before the first International football game and the Scottish team wore dark blue tops, white shorts and blue and white striped socks

I used to believe it was because of the Saltire however i was soon slapped down by Aaid and was introduced to pantones to which i have never fully recovered

It was only matched by discovering accidentally that there is no such animal as a Black Panther - it's either a Leopard or a Jaguar with black pigmentation

I too found this out in the last year or so, and thus I felt really smug as I was reading it. Well done me.

One fact that surprised me recently but is actually totally logical when you think about it is that parts of Italy and Greece sit on the African continental plate (The Alps and the Balkans are the result of the African plate scunching up against the Eurasian one).

On the subject of health, I work as a Chef.

I tried to make a go of it back in Scotland 18 months ago but ended up heading back to London.

I cook for all sorts, including footballers.

In Edinburgh I had international footballers ordering burgers on a Saturday night after a league game.

Thats not right.

On 3/29/2019 at 5:29 PM, McTeeko said:

Plain navy blue top, Adidas stripes down the sleeves, white round collar, round badge on the left, white shorts, red socks. 

Thats it. Get that suggested to your mate and it’ll be the best selling Scotland strip of all time. 

(And tell him to forget that Climalite pish - one wear and it’s covered in pulls).

Whit you worried aboot? That fake ain you were strutting aboot wae in Kazakhstan looked braw. Yer real ain looked better on that Kazakh model lassie though! 😂

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Home kit: Don’t care, it’ll be shit anyway. 

Away kit: Pink is always a winner 😍

You should’ve worn that in the gaybar last week when you were dancing with me. 

On 3/29/2019 at 8:50 PM, paulc76 said:

Hi all 

Never post on here but...

I happen to know the guy who is designing the new kit.

he works for adidas in Nuremberg, he’s Welsh and he wants our opinion.

let me know what we fancy and I’ll pass it on 

Right mate request time, its time to bring an Adidas version of this back

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/archie-gemmill-of-scotland-during-the-israel-v-scotland-news-photo/88614918

And a radge design similar to this

http://kirefootballkits.blogspot.com/2014/05/czechoslovakia-kits-world-cup-1990.html

I also feel we should have dibs on this Argyle design.

https://footballshirt.online/shop/belgium-2018-home-shirt/

Get these sent to your Welsh pal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...