Newspapers reporting that McLeish will be sacked - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Newspapers reporting that McLeish will be sacked

BraveheartGordon

Both the Daily Record and Sun are reporting that McLeish will be sacked tomorrow.

not just because of Kazakhstan but unfortunately due to a “troubling incident” that sounds like a health concern before the San Marino game.

I wanted him sacked too but I hope his health concerns aren’t anything too serious and wish him all the best, gave us some great memories in his first spell but just didn’t work out this time.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

Wonder why the SFA found the need to mention the 'deeply troubling episode'? Absolutely no need. If he has indeed had some sort of meltdown, breakdown, or whatever, then it should be hushed up, not exposed, allowing him to keep his dignity by resigning the post.

WTF are these arseholes up to?

19 minutes ago, Whitejock said:

Wonder why the SFA found the need to mention the 'deeply troubling episode'? Absolutely no need. If he has indeed had some sort of meltdown, breakdown, or whatever, then it should be hushed up, not exposed, allowing him to keep his dignity by resigning the post.

WTF are these arseholes up to?

"hushing up" something is never, ever a good idea.

The public certainly don't need to know the intimate details but I think they do have the right to know broadly speaking if something wasn't right with him and it interfered with the job.

And what if he was asked to resign but refused ? If he won't go on his own accord then he has to be sacked.

As I've recently said, I have no axe to grind with Alex McLeish. 100% of my ire is vented towards the SFA.

The SFA know that there's a certain amount of discontent within the Tartan Army and I have a feeling that by sacking McLeish they'll think that they'll appease us.

Wrong! I want a major reshuffle at the SFA... sacking their puppet won't cut any ice. Not this time.

#Ecksit? Yes. That's fantastic.

Get rid of the puppet and keep puppet master.

Typical big picture Tartan Army view.

Instead of the clever (not) play on words (Brexit/Ecksit) maybe it would've been a better use of our time to actually blame the people that are truly to blame. So what, now we've gotten our wish and McLeish is gone, we're all going to crawl back into our shells and hope that the next appointment will bring about a better day?

It won't be.

1 minute ago, ger intae them said:

Not quite the same, but the usual tripe from spoiled fitba fans who smell blood and go for the jugular. Miles away from being the ideal man to run the show but have no doubt that he gave his all and has ultimately been let down by a bunch of clowns with cantbearseditis in Kazakhstan. 

Pish.

Let me say to Eck, thank-you for securing the play off. 

There were rumors I read on here that last year he had some.personal issues and if true for is leaking today, I wish you all the best of health and happiness. No job is worth your health.

I did not expect his removal, but it's right that he is. We have a few months to find someone more suited. 

25 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Maybe the troubling incident was the SFA being abused in San Marino? They don't like it up 'em...

That’s what I’m reading into it. Others seem to think differently though.....

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

Not quite the same, but the usual tripe from spoiled fitba fans who smell blood and go for the jugular. Miles away from being the ideal man to run the show but have no doubt that he gave his all and has ultimately been let down by a bunch of clowns with cantbearseditis in Kazakhstan. 

Nonsense 

Are we sure it was the health of McLeish and not one of the players that he played ?

You wouldnt sack someone for not being well