Pundits you don’t hate - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pundits you don’t hate

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Completely.

Unbelievable. Someone should tell these people that it's 2019.

I bet none of those brain-trust members realize that Nacho Novo is not "one of the people".

Contrary to Steve Clarke's opinion, you can grow up in the west of Scotland and be completely oblivious to sectarianism, as these things are totally lost on me. Growing up with this kind of crap must seriously warp children.

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

I bet none of those brain-trust members realize that Nacho Novo is not "one of the people".

Contrary to Steve Clarke's opinion, you can grow up in the west of Scotland and be completely oblivious to sectarianism, as these things are totally lost on me. Growing up with this kind of crap must seriously warp children.

OK, you try telling them that it's 2019. What difference do you seriously think that would make?

1690 is their starting point. 1969 was their pit stop.

2019 to them means 50 year anniversary since the troubles.

And Arlene Foster is the driver.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

OK, you try telling them that it's 2019. What difference do you seriously think that would make?

1690 is their starting point. 1969 was their pit stop.

2019 to them means 50 year anniversary since the troubles.

And Arlene Foster is the driver.

No difference at all, but that's the point, isn't it? They're living in the dark ages.

OK. Those numbers and names literally mean nothing to me.

41 minutes ago, Chripper said:

No difference at all, but that's the point, isn't it? They're living in the dark ages.

OK. Those numbers and names literally mean nothing to me.

Those numbers mean literally nothing to you???

What age are you (serious question)?

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

Personally, I don't hate any pundit. They're paid to give their opinion so it's silly for people to get mad at them for doing just that.

Ian Wright.

He was once asked, at half time, of a World Cup game, not involving England, about what he'd just seen.

And he said he didn't care, he only cares about England.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Chripper said:

That's exactly what I said a few weeks ago when he was on BT Sports, covering a Celtic match, and he kept saying "Us"

I noted it in this place, that he treats BT sports as Celtic TV, I was then called a Rangers fan. :blink:

Personally, I don't hate any pundit. They're paid to give their opinion so it's silly for people to get mad at them for doing just that.

I don't have much issue with the first point, but maybe that's because I'm a Celtic fan. Anyway, nobody complains about it when Neville and/or Carragher do it.

In saying that, I'm no fan of Hartson offering his opinion.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Gordon Strachan

I don’t think we’ll be hearing much from him.

I did always like listening to Strachan talk about football, perhaps he should stick to speaking about football.

😬

On 4/5/2019 at 9:38 PM, kumnio said:

Good Guys :- Michael Stewart, Steven Thompson, Tom English, Chris Sutton (surprisingly) 

Wanks :- Billy Dodds, Alex Rae, Billy Dodds, Neil McCann, Billy Dodds

Retards :- John Hartson, Charlie Nicholas, Andy Walker, Chick Young, Derek Ferguson, Kris Boyd

Boring Cunts :- James McFadden, Willie Miller, Pat Nevin

Blah :- Kris Commons, Steven Craigan

Can't really argue with that. Commons is thick as fuck though!

On 4/6/2019 at 3:28 PM, Chripper said:

You can grow up oblivious to it a you want but no chance you've not seen an orange walk or heard somebody calleda fenian bastard!

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You can grow up oblivious to it a you want but no chance you've not seen an orange walk or heard somebody calleda fenian bastard!

I think I've seen an orange walk once. As far as the names and the dates and the songs go, I'm completely ignorant to it all.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can't really argue with that. Commons is thick as fuck though!

I was at a Sportsman’s Dinner this weekend and Craigan was speaking. Absolutely terrible he was. Needs to stick to BT and he’s no exactly brilliant at that either.

No sure why it’s quoted the humper? 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Feel a bit sorry for Strachan, odd thing to say but don’t think he meant it the way it came out. 

It ties in a bit with his “genetics” statement.

Shows him up to be a bit out of touch.

I also feel a bit sorry for him, as he’s said something stupid, not malicious, but he maybe does need to drag himself up to date a bit.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It ties in a bit with his “genetics” statement.

Shows him up to be a bit out of touch.

I also feel a bit sorry for him, as he’s said something stupid, not malicious, but he maybe does need to drag himself up to date a bit.

I'm getting close to Strachans 62 years and looking forward to being even more out of date than I am now. Although I guess if you want to air your views on telly you'd be better getting with the the plan.

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago on the world cup panels ..got the usual yes men but then there was Jock Wallace and Jack. Charlton both of whom just called it as it was. Im sure Roy Keane isnt particularly nice but he also not afraid to get stuck in. I love listening to the guys on Off the Ball when Im back up in Scotland ..but here in England 2 of the biggest wankstains on Talksport..Jim Whyte and Alan Brazil.

I appreciate this won't go down well with a lot of people but in the 1986 World Cup, they had Billy Bremner on the panel for the Uruguay game.  Obviously we needed to win that game and with the score at 0-0 and with Uruguay down to 10 men the discussion at half time was how to unlock the defence.  As Davie Cooper was on the bench, the host said to Bremner, do you think that we should bring Cooper on.  Bremner's reply was along the lines of, I've no idea, I don't know what he can do, I don't see much Scottish Football.

I remember thinking WTF are you doing on the panel then.