Pundits you don’t hate - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pundits you don’t hate

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Michael Stewart.

Calls it the way he sees it and can generally back it up. Whether or not you agree with him is another matter.

Chris Sutton is baked from similar flour and water.

Sutton is good when he sticks up for the Scottish game but the rest of the time he talks out of his arsehole.

I like Michael Stewart Scott McDonald & Steven Thompson. Both are balanced most of the time. Fletcher has been excellent when he's on too.

The worst I've seen is John hartson, hes thick and seems to think hes commentating for Celtic TV. Boyd, commons and McFadden are terrible pundits.

Edited by vanderark14

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sutton is good when he sticks up for the Scottish game but the rest of the time he talks out of his arsehole.

I like Michael Stewart Scott McDonald & Steven Thompson. Both are balanced most of the time. Fletcher has been excellent when he's on too.

The worst I've seen is John hartson, hes thick and seems to think hes commentating for Celtic TV. Boyd, commons and McFadden are terrible pundits.

Nothing to disagree with there, although I prefer Scott McDonald when he's playing for Thistle.

Sometimes I want to high five big Sutton for his genuinely committed and spirited defences of Scottish football. He genuinely does believe in our game up here and puts the ignorant ones in their place.

Stevie Thompson talks plenty of sense and also has said that although he always knew he wasn't good enough for international football, playing for Scotland is something he was proud as fuck to be called upon for. :cheers3: He also has a good sense of humour about him too, he doesn't mind getting the pish ripped out of him for some daft incident recalled from his playing days or indeed his eye watering taste in shirts and ties. :D

On the radio, can't stand boring, on the fence, Allan Preston who sounds like he's half asleep most of the time. Nor Craig Paterson who only ever wants to talk about his beloved Rangers and patronise, in his own words, "the wee clubs".

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You in the middle ? 

Why not ?

Always loved big Dion Dublin. Not stuck up and just someone who even as a player clearly loved football for the sake of the game. Makes a lot of excellent points and has said in the past that he thinks Scottish football deserves more respect. 

Alex Scott, just like big Dion, a true love of the game, honest views, excellent knowledge, and she just happens to be a bonnie lass too.

I like Craigan, but I am biased.

I don’t think putting faddy in the same bracket as anyone whose parents can’t spell Chris is fair either 😛 . He’s ok, if a bit vanilla, but he has to be while he works for SFA.

Agree on Michael Stewart, he grows on me more all the time. Speaks his mind, backs it up, calls folk out and I generally agree with him too.

Both sides of the old firm seem to hate Tom English, which probably means he’s doing something right.

Sportsound can be a bit Aberdeen heavy, but Richard Gordon does a great job I think. Especially considering some of the clowns he has to keep a lid on.

I can take just about all of them apart from Marc Guidi and Kris Commons.

One full of his own self importance and the other duller than a dark room.

TV Sportscene, Radio Sportscene and Clyde all have their place.   All are better than the English equivalents which take themselves far too seriously.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

On 3/27/2019 at 8:57 PM, sbcmfc said:

I like Craigan, but I am biased.

I don’t think putting faddy in the same bracket as anyone whose parents can’t spell Chris is fair either 😛 . He’s ok, if a bit vanilla, but he has to be while he works for SFA.

Agree on Michael Stewart, he grows on me more all the time. Speaks his mind, backs it up, calls folk out and I generally agree with him too.

Both sides of the old firm seem to hate Tom English, which probably means he’s doing something right.

Sportsound can be a bit Aberdeen heavy, but Richard Gordon does a great job I think. Especially considering some of the clowns he has to keep a lid on.

Craigan's voice/accent gets on my small birds. 

Like Michael Stewart, Thompson, Faddy and Tom English. 

9 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Out the picture to some extent, thankfully, but Jim Spence is an absolute roaster of a man.  Complete horror show

Until recently I used to really like Jim Spence. He came across a really down to earth happy go lucky guy that wasn't afraid to call out the Old Firm and was a big Scotland fan.

Lately though he's become this kind of Jekyll & Hyde character. He frequently goes stark raving mental at other people on twitter for the slightest of things.

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 7:51 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Craig Paterson who only ever wants to talk about his beloved Rangers and patronise, in his own words, "the wee clubs".

Terrible pundit but I can't recall hearing him for years???

Just now, Toepoke said:

Terrible pundit but I can't recall hearing him for years???

He's on the radio and that Scottish results show on the BBC (what's it called) infrequently.

The sheer excitement in his voice when the topic turns to Rangers or if they have just scored is embarrassing. And the smug patter if one of "the wee teams" gets a goal back at Ibrox "aww that'll be a nice moment for them." Cunt.

Only listen to Radio Scotland, worst for me are Allan Preston & Billy Dodds. Michael Stewart used to be okay, this season just seems to want to argue with everybody.  Willie Miller is okay sometimes, Liam McLeod not good at all , ridiculous that Paul Mitchell got punted for him as main commentator. Richard Gordon good anchorman. Worst on TV is John Hartson.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Until recently I used to really like Jim Spence. He came across a really down to earth happy go lucky guy that wasn't afraid to call out the Old Firm and was a big Scotland fan.

Lately though he's become this kind of Jekyll & Hyde character. He frequently goes stark raving mental at other people on twitter for the slightest of things.

Yeah he has inexplicably tried to throw in the United/Celtic Catholic victim thing. No cunt at United gives a fuck about that stuff. Hes widely despised now at Unitedand frequently loses in on social media ( I suspect aled). He’s also a dreadful bullshitter in an effort to make his background interesting, which is at least amusing .