Shytey Scott McTominey song - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shytey Scott McTominey song

irnbruman

New tunes = new ideas = progress. If we’re not about that then we may as well chuck it in.

Some lyrical genius near me came up wi. (tune Deadwood Stage by Doris Day, look it up young anes..)

McTominey is comin on over the hills

Spreadin passes an givin defenders the chills

Beautiful sky!

A wonderful day!

Hey McTominey McTominey McTominey!

(repeat)

I thought it was good, and innovative,

well done to those who made it up/sang it.

New player , new song

I couldnt get all the words  ( Feel free to post them) 

its the theme to Bonnie Tylers Its a Heartache, i think.......

3 hours ago, stocky said:

I thought it was good, and innovative,

well done to those who made it up/sang it.

New player , new song

I couldnt get all the words  ( Feel free to post them) 

its the theme to Bonnie Tylers Its a Heartache, i think.......

I love him till my heartaches

He loves the Tartan Army

He turned the English Down

Scott McTominnay

Is this not the celtic lights of Lisbon tune. Should miby just change their lyrics to suit or very own famous 67 victory. 

In 67

we went down tae England

We became the World Champions

And showed them how to play.... At Wembley... 

In 67... Repeat

I liked it too. Our support need fresh songs after years of we'll be coming and doh a deer

Heard a few versions of lyrics that Napoli tune that every club in the UK seem to have their own version of too. 

Don't care if it is just generic tunes, we need more of a variety. I'm guessing the OP is one of the old school mob who doesn't like change and looks down at the young team because he's been to more games than them. What song did you start that was better then? I'd like to hear it and learn it for next time 

25 minutes ago, Slide Tackle said:

Another one was-

There’s something that the Scots want you to know

we’re gonna qualify for the Euros

we’ll Celebrate

Our first Tournament since 98

The Scots are back

cause we’ve got Jamesy forrest in attack

Aye I was going to mention that one too.

Got a good airing in the Bounty club a few times. 

I think it could be better but at least its something as our songs are generally pish.

I heard a song in Bounty after the SM game about Harry Kane slavering on his shoes but cant remember how it went. Anyone able to jog my memory?

Edited by @neaver82

7 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

I liked it too. Our support need fresh songs after years of we'll be coming and doh a deer

Heard a few versions of lyrics that Napoli tune that every club in the UK seem to have their own version of too. 

Don't care if it is just generic tunes, we need more of a variety. I'm guessing the OP is one of the old school mob who doesn't like change and looks down at the young team because he's been to more games than them. What song did you start that was better then? I'd like to hear it and learn it for next time 

I cant start songs on my own  -it needs a big group. Personally Id love a version of sweet caroline - with Oh  bonny Scotland instead of sweet caroline. I'm quite happy with "Its the Scotland boys making all the noise" but the Mctominey one  - its no the tune its "I love you till my heart aches"   aye right fuck off with that one.

Edited by irnbruman

44 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I cant start songs on my own  -it needs a big group. Personally Id love a version of sweet caroline - with Oh  bonny Scotland instead of sweet caroline. I'm quite happy with "Its the Scotland boys making all the noise" but the Mctominey one  - its no the tune its "I love you till my heart aches"   aye right fuck off with that one.

To be fair, I agree with that line being a bit shite, but that could be said about many songs for club and country. I'm just happy to have something different, and more variety, to sing.

Problem we have supporting the national team is that we aren't together as often as club fans are, which would obviously allow is to come up with something better. That and the fact that a lot of people won't sing a certain tine if they think it's seen as the song of a rival club, which is completely understandable.

Bonnie Tyler and Scott McTominay aren't really divisive figures so seems to work fine for now lol

14 hours ago, Slide Tackle said:

Another one was-

There’s something that the Scots want you to know

we’re gonna qualify for the Euros

we’ll Celebrate

Our first Tournament since 98

The Scots are back

cause we’ve got Jamesy forrest in attack

Haha that's quality