Ewan Murray - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ewan Murray

Burj_Alba

Spot on.

The only thing that we can do is boycott the matches. Not just at home, but also away.

Hitting them in the pocket is the only way to get action.

Another was is all out mutiny: marches outside Hampden, etc. The main thing is to get media coverage, if we get that then it might prompt some sort of action.

The SFA are responsible for the mess that we're in, they aren't the only ones, but they're the biggest reason. They've collected our hard earned money for decades and they've given nothing in return. They're incompetent, neglectful and just plain con-artists. 

It's time the Tartan Army, en mass, stood up to them. We saw a glimmer of discontent in San Marino, but something louder than chanting "Sack the board" is tens of thousands of empty seats.

He’s is right but nothing will happen, Scottish fans and a lot of Scottish people in general are quite happy being taken advantage because they fear real change.

My interest in football is at an all time low because the whole setup is poisoned and engineered to suit richer clubs. That’s not exclusive to Scotland but focusing on Scotland, every club seems happy to just plod along as long as there’s four OF derbies to sell to TV channels. The national team is not just an after thought to some clubs and fans, some fans actually want Scotland to get humped. The players don’t want to be there anymore, that’s not down to one manager, it’s because of the attitude at the top, it trickles down to the players. 

Thats what happens when the clubs look after themselves instead of the game as a whole.

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He’s is right but nothing will happen, Scottish fans and a lot of Scottish people in general are quite happy being taken advantage because they fear real change.

My interest in football is at an all time low because the whole setup is poisoned and engineered to suit richer clubs. That’s not exclusive to Scotland but focusing on Scotland, every club seems happy to just plod along as long as there’s four OF derbies to sell to TV channels. The national team is not just an after thought to some clubs and fans, some fans actually want Scotland to get humped. The players don’t want to be there anymore, that’s not down to one manager, it’s because of the attitude at the top, it trickles down to the players. 

Thats what happens when the clubs look after themselves instead of the game as a whole.

I'm not sure that is entirely true.

My team for example had me at an all time low about 5 years ago, to the extent that I boycotted home games after 25+ years of having a season ticket and barely missing a game home or away since my teens. That season around 500 or so did the same, boycotted season tickets, whilst others who wanted to attend but wanted change refused to spend any money at the club apart from entry fee.

Low and behold, around 6 months later that prick Johnston was forced to accept others onto the board (after a decade of saying it wasn't possible due to debt situation). We went from a one man board to a 5 man board almost overnight.

Fast forward 5 years and he has zero shares in Killie, hasn't been at a game in years, we have Steve Clarke as boss, season ticket sales are at the highest since the early 00s, we're taking big away supports, have never seen so many kids/teens at our games since the 90s and we have a board with drive and vision.

It takes drastic action but change can/will happen. I never thought I'd see the day we got rid of Johnston but every dog has it's day and as a wise man once said, football without fans is nothing.