A Sad Reality Observation.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A Sad Reality Observation..

Guest ElChris04

Guest ElChris04

Today we play San Marino, for me the sad reality is there really a win/ win situation? Because where I’m standing if we win Alex Dinosaur Mcleish lives to fight another day no doubt with more doom and gloom ahead and expectations only to be let down again and further destroy us.. or we lose/draw suffer our worst result in our history and become a laughing stock to the world, But on the good note the dinosaur would no doubt get the sack and we could put an end to his disastrous era which he’s put our national team in the gutter. there isn’t a win/win because he’s destroyed us that much I feel even if we lost today, in the long term would it be a blessing in disguise? Either way I’m not looking forward to tonight’s match and it’s simply for me no real good result in the end.

It's hard to argue with that. Any kind of win will see him hang on until June. Then we'll scrape a lucky 2-1 win at home to Cyprus before Belgium take 7 or 8 off us a few days later in Brussels.

Don't win tonight - well, it hardly bears thinking about.

The one thing that's clear to everyone except those in power is that we'll go absolutely nowhere under McLeish.  I wouldn't want to qualify for the Euros with the play-off safety net and him in charge.  Can you imagine playing a top side with our disorganised shambolic side who haven't the remotest idea what they're supposed to be doing?  It'd be utter humiliation.

2 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Today we play San Marino, for me the sad reality is there really a win/ win situation? Because where I’m standing if we win Alex Dinosaur Mcleish lives to fight another day no doubt with more doom and gloom ahead and expectations only to be let down again and further destroy us.. or we lose/draw suffer our worst result in our history and become a laughing stock to the world, But on the good note the dinosaur would no doubt get the sack and we could put an end to his disastrous era which he’s put our national team in the gutter. there isn’t a win/win because he’s destroyed us that much I feel even if we lost today, in the long term would it be a blessing in disguise? Either way I’m not looking forward to tonight’s match and it’s simply for me no real good result in the end.

I reckon the “sad reality” that you refer to in your thread title is that I don’t even think a draw/loss tonight, would necessarily see him lose his job, unless he fell on his own sword.