San Marino v Scotland Match Thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

San Marino v Scotland Match Thread

Alan

I used to think differently but it’s time we started playing players based on which club they’re at, which I believe is what wales do.

Instead of picking pish from aberdeen, killie and hibs, we’d be better promoting some of the youngsters who are at big clubs like billy gilmour, even if they’ve never played at first team level.

3 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Like his effort and commitment but unfortunately nowhere near international level. More reading reserve level.

That's all you can ever ask.  Up front Fletcher, Griffiths, Naismith are all further up the pecking order but for different reasons aren't there.  Paterson got injured and I don't know why McBurnie isn't playing.

Forrest has made a big difference to the team dynamic and I feel has worked well with McTominay.  We have lacked width and lack ideas.  We were never going ot come out of this game with much positives, I feel the players were not composed with the fans jeering them which has died down since we got our 2nd.  I feel our formation was wrong today, and I hope the team has looked gash enough to the SFA to get rid of McLeish. 

2 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

I used to think differently but it’s time we started playing players based on which club they’re at, which I believe is what wales do.

Instead of picking pish from aberdeen, killie and hibs, we’d be better promoting some of the youngsters who are at big clubs like billy gilmour, even if they’ve never played at first team level.

Agree. Even England put youngsters in with only 6 games under their belt (Hudson-Odoi).

1 minute ago, wee-toon-red said:

Provided those players are likely to be part of the first team going forward, I wouldn't mind bringing in some of the younger players to give them some game time - even if it's off the bench. Would make sense in the long run, as gain more international experience at an age when they can still be moulded.

What has McLeish learned tonight?  Well, that the likes of O’Donnell, McKenna, McClean, Paterson, Russell, McNulty are just not f...ing good enough for international football. WatchedWales today and the difference in attacking ability was stark, our players are petrified to take a chance and that is not all down to the manager or his tactics. I agree he has to go for us to improve but the ethos of the SPFL - sir in and spoil - plays a large part in where we are.

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

They scored against a team we should be scoring 6 against. None are good enough. 

Absolute nonsense. We've never scored more than 2 against San Marino away. 

Why should we score more with a much worse team?