San Marino v Scotland Match Thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

San Marino v Scotland Match Thread

Alan

Guest ElChris04

For me we have been playing absolutely terrible, no surprise there. Look unorganized and no look of instructions or tactics going forward in the game. Said it before Mcleish should be sacked. Stealing a living and when San Marino having being going forward we have looked even worse. Any team remotely with anything decent about them would tear us apart.. god help us against Belgium and Russia. 

Guest ElChris04
Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

We're fucking pish. 

When Alex Mcleish is in charge. Expect nothing less. Would somehow find a way to ruin even the best players in the world. The guy is a disgrace.

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Russell and mcNulty offering very little. No width on the right so predictably going down the left 

To be fair to McNulty, he's a poacher and had no service in the fifteen(?) minutes he's been on the pitch. Completely pish performance all round though.

Am not sure what on earth has happened to Mcleish these last few years.  He's returned to management a totally different person.

To think he got Rangers to the last 16 of the champions league and won 7/10 in his first stint.

Edited by JECK

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

To be fair to McNulty, he's a poacher and had no service in the fifteen(?) minutes he's been on the pitch. Completely pish performance all round though.

Yeah I’m not really blaming him, not playing with any width down the right apart from O’Donnell 

12 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

As we've only ever won 2-0 in San Marino, what is an acceptable score today? 

Well, we put 6 past Gibraltar when it didn't matter. We are now playing a team supposedly worst of all, and this time it matters.

I know we can't expect to score 6 but it's hard to say what would be acceptable since we have no choice on what we can accept.

At least if we got 4-0 it would give us a positive goal difference.

I would not want to be going into the last 10 minutes only 1-0 up. 

I cant agree that its its been pish, we are playing with energy, I did not expect 1 nil at this point.  They are defending in number, Fraser looking lively as is Mcgregor but its San Marino, we wont LOOK good, its terrible that I feel we need a 2nd because I dont trust our concentration at the back.  I think we are trying too hard, the reality for me is aslong we win today, its the other games now we need to play well.  

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

In what way? I’m sitting in my van watching on an iPad, so sound isnt great. 

Pretty sure there were chants of “sack the board”.

Bit of booing when San Marino had their chances.

Lots of booing on the HT whistle.

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I cant agree that its its been pish, we are playing with energy, I did not expect 1 nil at this point.  They are defending in number, Fraser looking lively as is Mcgregor but its San Marino, we wont LOOK good, its terrible that I feel we need a 2nd because I dont trust our concentration at the back.  I think we are trying too hard, the reality for me is aslong we win today, its the other games now we need to play well.  

You cant agree this has been pish?

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

4 or 5 nil 

Even a 10 nil win wouldn't make up for this disastrous start to the campaign 

3 minutes ago, exile said:

Well, we put 6 past Gibraltar when it didn't matter. We are now playing a team supposedly worst of all, and this time it matters.

I know we can't expect to score 6 but it's hard to say what would be acceptable since we have no choice on what we can accept.

At least if we got 4-0 it would give us a positive goal difference.

I would not want to be going into the last 10 minutes only 1-0 up. 

Id agree with the 4 to get us the positive goal difference but is it realistic. We've only ever managed 2 before with better teams than this. 

I think the previous result means we could win 10 and still have folk unhappy.