Starting 11 for San Marino game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for San Marino game

andyscot

Playing a 3-5-2  

Bain

LCD - Robertson, CD - Souttar RCD - Palmer

LMF - Fraser LCM - McGregor CM - Fleck RCM - McTominay, RMF - Forrest

CF - McBurnie CF - McNaulty

I want Bain to get more caps.

Bates won plenty headers but I am concerned with him and McKenna's mental state, Man Management comes in to play, I want to see more of Souttar.  

Fleck needs a chance to shine.  McGregor captain and looked he most lively....sill not pass marks fae Thursday.  Forrest was  quiet but pace on the wings are a strength for us.  McBurnie gets a chance in a front two - never again should he play up top of his own, he does not have the physical presence.  McNaulty, I want to see him in a competitive game for us.  Burke will get some game time probably for McBurnie at some point. 

Edited by romanticscot

Bain; SOD, Bates, McKenna, Robertson; McTominay, McGregor; Forrest, Armstrong, Fraser; Paterson.

Plenty pace in wide areas, including two rampaging full backs, McGregor and Armstrong capable of pushing on through the middle while McTominay can both contribute attacking wise while offering a third man defensively while the full backs push on.

Palmer, Shinnie, McGinn, Burke and McBurnie all drop out after dire displays the other night. Most defensive issues came from the flanks while McGinn was ineffectual. Burke and McBurnie aren't up to scratch yet either.

Giving the centre halves another chance, as they were generally hung out to dry by a lack of midfield cover and two dreadful full backs.

4 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Mclaughlin

O'donnell

Soutar

Findlay

Robertson

Mclean

McTominay

Fleck

Russell

Fraser

Paterson

Probably not a bad idea to clear out the Celtic players, being involved in the closest Spl for ages has left them looking a bit jaded.

Might try

McLaughlin

Paterson

Bates

Mctominay

Robertson

Fleck

McLean

McGinn

Fraser

Russell

McBurnie

Team of Anglos is the way ahead. 

Joking aside I seriously think McTominay could be our best central  defender, despite what the fools on the Red Forum say.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

McKenna is the future.

He should start.

Come one scotty, you should know how it works. Play one bad game and that's its, career over and they should never get near a Scotland squad again.🤣

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably not a bad idea to clear out the Celtic players, being involved in the closest Spl for ages has left them looking a bit jaded.

Might try

McLaughlin

Paterson

Bates

Mctominay

Robertson

Fleck

McLean

McGinn

Fraser

Russell

McBurnie

Team of Anglos is the way ahead. 

Joking aside I seriously think McTominay could be our best central  defender, despite what the fools on the Red Forum say.

No, but he must start as DM giving cover to a rookie back four.

42 minutes ago, Marky said:

I’m assuming from the selections so far that Tierney is out of this game as well?

For me, even an out of position Tierney at right back is miles better than any of our other options in the position.

Tierney is out. 

Guest ElChris04

Bain

SOD-Bates-Findlay-Robertson 

McTominay-McGregor

Forrest-Armstrong-Fraser

Paterson

Woukd give Findlay his international debut, think he deserves it and has been solid for Kilmarnock, with Robbo,Fraser,Paterson coming back they all must start. We need a good target man who can bring the wingers in and Paterson fits the bill.