3 questions I can't answer. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 questions I can't answer.

Third Lanark

On 3/23/2019 at 10:23 AM, Chripper said:

1) International level is the pinnacle of football. With no disrespect to the English Championship but it's two tiers beneath.

2) Better management and the players from those countries know their jobs and they play to their strengths. Our players simply look like they have no idea what's being asked of them.

3) People can may not like this, but I don't care. Scotland as a nation has been Anglofied. We seem quite happy being a cuckold nation. We're submissive and meek and we have no passion left. England own us. An example, on Friday "STV" showed the England match, and on Tuesday they'll do the same. Not exactly a sign of a nation who loves itself.

I take issue with your first point.

International football per se is not the “pinnacle” of football.

Maybe the very very top teams might be considered that, but not international football generally. The vast majority of international teams are no where near the pinnacle of football.

A top English championship team would give most non top tier international teams a game and probably beat them. Especially a team like Kazakhstan. 

John McGinn not only plays for a top English championship side, he stars for them. To suggest that an ability to play at that level is not sufficient to play well against Kazakhstan is utter nonsense.

2 hours ago, Likeusinthe90s said:

We have had the same problems in the past and will no doubt in the future 

For the first time I can envisage a team without Bale and Ramsey as the youngsters are getting valuable experience.

Only 3 players who started again st Slovakia in 2016 started on Sunday.

Time for your manager to back your young  players if they have ability.

I think the average age of our team against Kazakhstan was around 24.  Your final point is wrong though - our manager needs to f*ck right off.

8 hours ago, Marky said:

I take issue with your first point.

International football per se is not the “pinnacle” of football.

Maybe the very very top teams might be considered that, but not international football generally. The vast majority of international teams are no where near the pinnacle of football.

A top English championship team would give most non top tier international teams a game and probably beat them. Especially a team like Kazakhstan. 

John McGinn not only plays for a top English championship side, he stars for them. To suggest that an ability to play at that level is not sufficient to play well against Kazakhstan is utter nonsense.

I guarantee, a player would rather own a World Cup winner's medal than a winner's medal for a top league or the European Cup.

John McGinn is vastly overrated with Scotland and Villa fans. What can't speak can't lie, we all saw how inept our players were against Kazakhstan. It's embarrassing that our players can't compete against Kazakhstan.