Anybody Else Worried About Sunday? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anybody Else Worried About Sunday?

daviebee

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

We've been there 3 times and laboured to 2-0 victories each time. I think the last time we were there we didnae score until aboot 15 minutes to go.

That was with far better players as well. Just saying.

You're dead right. It could be very nervous, and the longer we go without scoring...

16 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

If Fraser plays well then I think we will be okay. It's breaking teams down that we find hard and there isn't much creativity in this squad. 

Even on Thursday Burke got into dangerous positions a couple of time but there was nobody with any desire in the box wanting the ball, it was like they were waiting for the ball to come to them. 

If Fraser plays along with Robertson we will hump San Marino. 

Now that the dust has settled I still think we have a good team, we lack depth but what is certain we need strong management to get these players to play

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Even on Thursday Burke got into dangerous positions a couple of time but there was nobody with any desire in the box wanting the ball, it was like they were waiting for the ball to come to them. 

If Fraser plays along with Robertson we will hump San Marino. 

Now that the dust has settled I still think we have a good team, we lack depth but what is certain we need strong management to get these players to play

I think that is a fair comment. 

RB is the big weakness. I'm not a big O'Donnell fan but he should be starting ahead of an uncapped Palmer.

CB isn't great and we probably need an experienced player alongside McKenna or Bates.

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think that is a fair comment. 

RB is the big weakness. I'm not a big O'Donnell fan but he should be starting ahead of an uncapped Palmer.

CB isn't great and we probably need an experienced player alongside McKenna or Bates.

I actually liked the McKenna and Mulgrew partnership for CB, its not great but its the best we have. As much as I want him to stay at Aberdeen, Mckenna needs to move and develop further. 

O'Donnell at RB is fine with me for now.

13 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Or play an experienced player alongside McKenna AND bates.

Fuck me, we get ripped apart by KAZAKSHSTAN whilst playing a back four and people are still convinced that we can play with a flat back four... :banghead:

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I still think we have a good team

You're wrong.

We don't have a good team, I think the previous match was evidence of this.

And you're saying that we need strong management in order to get the players to play? Yeah, well, if they were good players who CARED they wouldn't need motivation. Representing their country should be all they motivation they need to beat a team ranked 114 in the world.

It's about time we stopped pointing the finger at the manager and began blaming the players. There was an incident in the match where two Kazakhstan players head-butted each other whilst competing for a high ball, funnily enough we had no players in the vicinity as they might get hurt. 

Our players are not only spineless but they're also below average.

But wait till the SPL gets underway again, Christie and McGregor will begin dominating St Mirren and Dundee and then all of a sudden Scotland fans will paint them as our Pirlo and Iniesta. Same old Scotland, always delusional.

12 hours ago, daviebee said:

We've been there 3 times and laboured to 2-0 victories each time. I think the last time we were there we didnae score until aboot 15 minutes to go.

That was with far better players as well. Just saying.

Remember that last game well. It was the coldest fitba match I’ve ever been at. I remember some smart Alec tookhis top off at kick off and said he wasn’t putting it back on until we scored (clearly thinking we’d score straight away). He was nearly hypothermic by the time we scored after about 70 odd minutes 🤣

I am not that worried about Sunday, because the biggest damage has already been done.

Either the players will respond and get three points (however ugly - which could be handy for whoever takes us forward), or anything else than that and there must surely be the end to the status quo. 

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

But wait till the SPL gets underway again, Christie and McGregor will begin dominating St Mirren and Dundee and then all of a sudden Scotland fans will paint them as our Pirlo and Iniesta. Same old Scotland, always delusional.

Nobody thinks that though do they?

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Maybe but I don’t really care anymore. I’ll watch it still more out of habit that anything else.

Same.

Might sound strange but I don't want us to win. What's the point? Seriously. We lose to Kazakhstan and then we beat San Marino... bit deal.

Another campaign is finished before It even really begins.

Russia and Belgium will batter Kazakhstan home and away.

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Nobody thinks that though do they?

Well, maybe not Pirlo and Iniesta, but a lot of people do think that they have a strong midfield.

Countless times I've read people saying "We're well stocked with midfielders". I can't fathom that opinion. In the build up to the previous match someone said that our midfield will boss the game... I can only hope that that was said in jest, otherwise a lunatic asylum has lost a patient.

35 minutes ago, Chripper said:

You're wrong.

We don't have a good team, I think the previous match was evidence of this.

And you're saying that we need strong management in order to get the players to play? Yeah, well, if they were good players who CARED they wouldn't need motivation. Representing their country should be all they motivation they need to beat a team ranked 114 in the world.

It's about time we stopped pointing the finger at the manager and began blaming the players. There was an incident in the match where two Kazakhstan players head-butted each other whilst competing for a high ball, funnily enough we had no players in the vicinity as they might get hurt. 

Our players are not only spineless but they're also below average.

a good manager can get even average players to perform better or a different approach can get good players to perform better. In an ideal world these players would be self motivated but this isn't an ideal world, its a footballing world where the players will easily down tools and take the huff because they do not like the manager. 

There's recent examples of a good change in management having a great effect on teams, Northern Ireland are performing better than us with arguably worse players, Killie were garbage and now Steve clark has them playing way above what anyone expected. Those are good examples of average sides punching above their weight due to good management.