Follow the u19s - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Follow the u19s

er yir macaroon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I see another youth at chelsea eligible for us, both his parents are scottish however would he be willing to pull on the dark blue?  George McEachran? You may remember his brother josh McEachran the next big thing at chelsea that never happened 

Noticed this. There's also Luke McCormick who's another central midfielder, and captains Chelsea's under 19's. Scored twice in the quarter finals of the UEFA youth league and once against Barca in the semi's. 

He's 20 and has apparently been called up for Scotland before at youth level. Might be one to look out for going out on loan next season. 

Think there's more chance of McCormick playing for Scotland (at under 21 level at least) than McEachran. 

Just been reading about 17 year old Wolves player, Terry Taylor, being called up for the senior Wales training camp. Aberdeen born and bred and signed for Wolves at 16 but his mother is Welsh. I am assuming his old man is Scottish and if so, why would he be choosing Wales?

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Alexander roberson at man city, 15years old born in scotland to the age of 7 then over to oz until he was 12, supposedly a huge prospect but he is able to play for Scotland England oz and Peru so most likely wont chose us unfortunately 

Not sure he’d be eligible for England if that’s the extent of the connection (at least not yet). 

On 5/22/2019 at 10:46 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

Just been reading about 17 year old Wolves player, Terry Taylor, being called up for the senior Wales training camp. Aberdeen born and bred and signed for Wolves at 16 but his mother is Welsh. I am assuming his old man is Scottish and if so, why would he be choosing Wales?

He’s been in loads of our youth squads and lived in Scotland till he was 16.

Unfortunately it appears that a lot of young footballers no longer hold representing their country as their main priority, soutter, dembele, taylor, alexander roberson(probably more)have all represented more than one country,, it just doesn’t sit right with me,, its as if international football means nothing anymore