Follow the u19s - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Follow the u19s

er yir macaroon

The u19s are the first group to come through the performance schools. People say the system is broken, I say watch that team and cheer yourself up a bit. It would be daft to tear the whole thing up without seeing if these guys make it. McLeish needs to go, but it’s not all doom and gloom. We have a smattering of decent players in the first team and healthy number coming through. With a decent manager we’ll be ok. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We’re playing Cyprus at 3 pm today. As i say, people can greet and wail all they like, but I’m hoping these players qualify for a finals. We have players of great potential (including one of the best in Europe in that age group) and getting to a finals, with the camaraderie and match experience that brings, is vital at this stage of their development.  These games should be on our radar as they have a big bearing on the future success of the first team. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

16 minutes ago, henry george said:

Ended 3-0 to Portugal.

We each now have the same goal difference but, having scored one more goal, we only need a draw against Portugal to go through.

Thinks to himself - "We're as good as out"!  😬

Portugal last minute winner :lol:

Even if we don't get through, four wins and a draw from the first five matches (across the qualifying and elite rounds) is something to build on and improvement over last year. Hopefully this side can push on and develop to their full.

27 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Even if we don't get through, four wins and a draw from the first five matches (across the qualifying and elite rounds) is something to build on and improvement over last year. Hopefully this side can push on and develop to their full.

There is some real quality in this group. I'd be disappointed if they didn't get through. 

Final match today at 4:15pm.  Hopefully they will give us something to cheer us up.  The only worry is the manager is Billy Stark and Portugal are also really good.

The u17s are playing at Partick Thistle at 5pm (free entry), but they look quite poor and have lost both games so far.  

41 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Final match today at 4:15pm.  Hopefully they will give us something to cheer us up.  The only worry is the manager is Billy Stark and Portugal are also really good.

The u17s are playing at Partick Thistle at 5pm (free entry), but they look quite poor and have lost both games so far.  

Is it streamed anywhere?

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Bit harsh on Billy Stark, I think he’s done a good job with the Scotland age groups. Whatever happens this evening, the u19s  have shown they have got the ability. The Turkey win was a great result, and Cyprus got to the elite qualifying round through merit, so they won’t be a bad side either.

As for the under 17s, they aren’t as strong as the u19s, but I was at the game on Saturday and even though they played most the game with 10 men (arguably our best midfielder harshly got sent off for a last man challenge) against a decent Russian side, they knocked about the ball well and missed a few chances to get back into the game. The goalie had a shocker! Not to mention Scotland started with 2 15 year olds and brought another one on.