SFA petition - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA petition

Diamond Scot

Lots has been said about how fans can bring about change. 

Would a petition to the government regarding the fit for purpose of the SFA and their use of public funds be an option?

If so how could one be setup and distributed?

9 hours ago, chris182 said:

No probably not. 

Starving them out is the only way IMO

Yep. That’s why I barely go to football anymore. Game is rotten and mismanaged from top to bottom. Anyone who thinks changing the manager, SFA president / board / chief exec is going to make a difference is deluded. 

7 minutes ago, biffer said:

Well done for missing the point

what is the point?  if someone can tell me what will be achieved by a petition i'll come out swinging for it.

seems like going cap in hand to corporate Scotland looking to finance a world class manager is about the only thing they could feasibly do.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

19 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

what is the point?  if someone can tell me what will be achieved by a petition i'll come out swinging for it.

seems like going cap in hand to corporate Scotland looking to finance a world class manager is about the only thing they could feasibly do.

I don't think a petition will change a thing, not my idea. 

Changing a manager will change nothing regardless of who it is. 

The whole system is bolloxed and I wont put any money into it until a solution presents itself. 

A March to hampden to deliver a manifesto from the fans, which could be in the form of a petition is a great idea. Lots of people have spoken for years that the issues run deep. They may respond with the academy stuff(whatever that is) and say we are taking action and the fruit won't be visible for a number of years, so whatever the voice of the fans communicate,  it needs to be comprehensive. You have a couple of thousand people marching to Hampden the media would notice. Any ex-professional sports personalities that could be willing to support it publicly would also help. No reason I would see this as pointless. 

So what are the things we want to see? Don't worry about the language being flowery.

It may need a site to promote it and then us and other groups can help it go viral.

37 minutes ago, biffer said:

I don't think a petition will change a thing, not my idea. 

Changing a manager will change nothing regardless of who it is. 

The whole system is bolloxed and I wont put any money into it until a solution presents itself. 

The manager isn't getting the best out of the players though.  I don't understand the logic.  You think it's because somebody wears a blaser we're in this mess?

23 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

A March to hampden to deliver a manifesto from the fans, which could be in the form of a petition is a great idea. Lots of people have spoken for years that the issues run deep. They may respond with the academy stuff(whatever that is) and say we are taking action and the fruit won't be visible for a number of years, so whatever the voice of the fans communicate,  it needs to be comprehensive. You have a couple of thousand people marching to Hampden the media would notice. Any ex-professional sports personalities that could be willing to support it publicly would also help. No reason I would see this as pointless. 

So what are the things we want to see? Don't worry about the language being flowery.

It may need a site to promote it and then us and other groups can help it go viral.

Why don't you start.  What concrete change do you want to see?

I just want a manager that gets the best out of the players.

Sponsorship and who's munching hospitality I can take or leave.