McLeish Should Sacked Before the Weekend. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

McLeish Should Sacked Before the Weekend.

Guest ElChris04

Any decent manager would have played a guy at left back who had been playing in that position for his club. I cannot believe McLeish did not call someone else up after losing his two best players in that position. Even so McGregor would have been better there with McTominey replacing McGregor in midfield, even calling up Halliday who had a great game against Celtic when Rangers won 1 nil or Barry Douglas would have been better than Shinnie. Shinnie last played in that position months ago and only for the odd game.  O'Donnell should also have played as Palmer did not even play in friendlies and has no experience with teamates in defence,  at least O'Donnell knew setup and how team playes,   he linked well with Forrest in previous game why was he dropped?

Edited by bigfathagiz

1 hour ago, bigfathagiz said:

Any decent manager would have played a guy at left back who had been playing in that position for his club. I cannot believe McLeish did not call someone else up after losing his two best players in that position. Even so McGregor would have been better there with McTominey replacing McGregor in midfield, even calling up Halliday who had a great game against Celtic when Rangers won 1 nil or Barry Douglas would have been better than Shinnie. Shinnie last played in that position months ago and only for the odd game.  O'Donnell should also have played as Palmer did not even play in friendlies and has no experience with teamates in defence,  at least O'Donnell knew setup and how team playes,   he linked well with Forrest in previous game why was he dropped?

totally agree with this post.  I'm not sure why all the pundits just agreed prior to the game Shinnie should slot in there.  He's not played there in years and this is international level.

Surely there was a left back out there that could have played.  The two young boys were a terrible idea too unfortunately.  An old head was needed even as cover (think big Gordon Greer).  It couldn't have been a more inexperience defence if we tried.

Not a single leader on the park.  I'd take someone with lower ability and a presence at times

On the topic of the thread - I think it would have been better to sack before the San Marino game.  Give everyone a clean slate (and more energy?).  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

Just back in the door from Kazakhstan.

Great trip bar the obvious. Meeting Ormond was a highlight.

To keep the thread on-topic,  I'll cut to the chase on the shape of the team, so here comes my rant.

The Kazakhs had done some work and boy did they get it right.

Doubled up on Forrest from the off. Which became a treble up because that fud McLeish played Palmer at RB rather than O'Donnell. Palmer was incapable of getting up to support or go beyond Forrest. He was absolutely shocking.

Re Shinnie - enough has been said before on the thread, so I won't repeat other than to say fud McLeish went with a back five in Haifa, none of whom play in a back five for their clubs. He has plenty of previous for making fud like decisions like that. So playing someone in a position they haven't occupied for the best part of a decade wasn't exactly a surprise..

To add to the above, McTominay should have started before McGinn, with Burke up top and McGregor central and Armstrong left.

Palmer and Bates should never be seen a Scotland squad again. And Shinnie only as a back-up defensive midfielder.

Rant over.

16 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Just back in the door from Kazakhstan.

Great trip bar the obvious. Meeting Ormond was a highlight.

To keep the thread on-topic,  I'll cut to the chase on the shape of the team, so here comes my rant.

The Kazakhs had done some work and boy did they get it right.

Doubled up on Forrest from the off. Which became a treble up because that fud McLeish played Palmer at RB rather than O'Donnell. Palmer was incapable of getting up to support or go beyond Forrest. He was absolutely shocking.

Re Shinnie - enough has been said before on the thread, so I won't repeat other than to say fud McLeish went with a back five in Haifa, none of whom play in a back five for their clubs. He has plenty of previous for making fud like decisions like that. So playing someone in a position they haven't occupied for the best part of a decade wasn't exactly a surprise..

To add to the above, McTominay should have started before McGinn, with Burke up top and McGregor central and Armstrong left.

Palmer and Bates should never be seen a Scotland squad again. And Shinnie only as a back-up defensive midfielder.

Rant over.

Not sure how up to date you are with the forum over the last few days, but the lack of mention for Mctominay has been surreal. 

He was in just about every ones teams pre match and was the most obvious thing missing during the game.

Only things I can think of are that McLeish totally under rated the Kazakhs, doesn't rate him as a player or there is some sort of friction between the two of them.. 

Bates is extremely over rated on here but your being a bit harsh there. At least  he  is young and  progressing at club level.

12 minutes ago, jailender said:

The fact that McTiminay had to rush to the toilet at full time, might just have meant that he wasn't really fit, and hence didn't play.

He ate a dodgy fish supper and it was running doon the back of his leg. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not sure how up to date you are with the forum over the last few days, but the lack of mention for Mctominay has been surreal. 

He was in just about every ones teams pre match and was the most obvious thing missing during the game.

Only things I can think of are that McLeish totally under rated the Kazakhs, doesn't rate him as a player or there is some sort of friction between the two of them.. 

Bates is extremely over rated on here but your being a bit harsh there. At least  he  is young and  progressing at club level.

Bates is at an age where you should be good enough to play and not need to lean on  the excuse of his age when there’s a poor performance. He’s massively overrated, massively.

Edited by macy37

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I wonder if that could be true. But... surely not? It's 2019, not 1978. We should not be surprised by sides from faraway lands.