Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor

Templeton_Peck

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Going back to the original post, the likes of Marshall, Bardsley, McArthur, Ritchie, Snodgrass, Cairney How many of them do we actually know what's happening? Retired? Don't want to be considered at the minute?  Just not picked?

Marshall - Reason for his omission has never been declared.

Bardsley - Reason for his omission has never been declared.

McArthur - Recently retired.

Ritchie - Reason for his omission has never been declared.

Snodgrass - Reason for his omission has never been declared.

Cairney  - Reason for his omission has never been declared.

As you can see there's a lack of real communication between the fans and the manager/players/SFA.

22 minutes ago, Chripper said:

As you can see there's a lack of real communication between the fans and the manager/players/SFA.

I think its fairly obvious these players you mention arent being left out on playing ability. 

All too concerned about their positions at their clubs and no longer interested in playing for scotland, especially for Mcleish.

Say what you want about the other home nations they all have players fully committed to the cause and take pride in playing for their country. What do we have?

Oh yeah a slogan of 'nothing matters more' .. the irony of which is almost laughable.. 

On 3/21/2019 at 11:41 PM, Bino's said:

Both will play for their clubs next week no problemo

Robertson played against San Marino. God knows why anyone is questioning his commitment when he was told by the Scotland medical staff to stay at home.

Tierney could have pulled out of the squad, but travelled and wanted to play. He was sent home because, again, the Scotland medical staff didn't pass him fit.

Remember when everyone questioned Griffiths' lack of commitment and stated he wouldn't have a problem still playing for Celtic? How has that one turned out?

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

Robertson played against San Marino. God knows why anyone is questioning his commitment when he was told by the Scotland medical staff to stay at home.

Tierney could have pulled out of the squad, but travelled and wanted to play. He was sent home because, again, the Scotland medical staff didn't pass him fit.

Remember when everyone questioned Griffiths' lack of commitment and stated he wouldn't have a problem still playing for Celtic? How has that one turned out?

Robertson chose to hold off and deal with a dental issue during the international break, pretty poor from a Scotland captain in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

Robertson chose to hold off and deal with a dental issue during the international break, pretty poor from a Scotland captain in my opinion. 

You've clearly never had severe toothache. You wouldn't be able to sleep, the pain can be unbearable. You certainly wouldn't be "holding off" for a few weeks.

Despite that he travelled from Liverpool ready to board the flight. The medical team looked at it and told him he needed to stay behind and get it seen to straight away. He wanted to board the flight, and he also offered to pay his own way there.

Edited by Dunty

13 minutes ago, Dunty said:

You've clearly never had severe toothache. You wouldn't be able to sleep, the pain can be unbearable. You certainly wouldn't be "holding off" for a few weeks.

Despite that he travelled from Liverpool ready to board the flight. The medical team looked at it and told him he needed to stay behind and get it seen to straight away. He wanted to board the flight, and he also offered to pay his own way there.

He played on Sunday afternoon! He was ruled out by the same night so if his toothache was so bad as you said he would not have been able to play on Sunday afternoon.

He is a professional football player earning a fortune so for a routine toothache he would have had root canal treatment done which wouldn't stop you plating football. The fact that surgery has been required almost certainly suggests he has had a wisdom tooth extracted where he has been nursing along a sore wisdom tooth and waited until the international break to elect to have it done. Not good enough for a Scotland captain. 

Edited by dezmondo

Harsh on Robertson. The lad travelled on a Ryanair flight from Edinburgh to Bologna on Friday night. He was sitting in the seat in front of me. It is incorrect to say he doesn't want to play.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:46 PM, Chripper said:

Not sure what the situation is with Snoddy’s mum now but that was the original issue, Ritchie asked not to be considered for a period of time and has never said anything further.

Daryl Broadfoot implied a while ago that Bardsley was a waster and a negative effect on the squad who didn’t meet Strachan’s demands on discipline.

The one that really annoys me is the silence re Marshall, he was Strachans first choice for the most part.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:31 AM, dezmondo said:

He played on Sunday afternoon! He was ruled out by the same night so if his toothache was so bad as you said he would not have been able to play on Sunday afternoon.

He is a professional football player earning a fortune so for a routine toothache he would have had root canal treatment done which wouldn't stop you plating football. The fact that surgery has been required almost certainly suggests he has had a wisdom tooth extracted where he has been nursing along a sore wisdom tooth and waited until the international break to elect to have it done. Not good enough for a Scotland captain. 

He said in an interview he had an abscess which had to get cut out if his gum.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, vanderark14 said:

I will definitely be on my own but I think this team still has potential, it needs the right management. Some of our players are hitting good club form, like Mckenna, Bates, McTominey, McGinn, Mcgregor, Robertson, Fraser, Forrest, Fletcher and Bain. Burke is still raw, with the right coaching at club level he can still be a player. Christie was missing just when he hit the club form of his life and he impressed playing for Scotland. I think McKenna will soon move to england, maybe O'Donnell too, do killie fans think he could go on to bigger things?

Thats the nucleus of a decent starting line up, imagine what it could be if Griffiths screws the nut

I am of the thinking that players shouldn't need to be motivated to play,  but I do realise some of the  pansies we have need motivating, if we can get the right manager to get these players going we could be a decent team.

Teams do turn things around with the right coach, just look at Man Utd and Killie

Fuck me VA14 - agree 100% with this - good post.