Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor

Templeton_Peck

12 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

To be honest the ones that did play all looked like they couldn't give a toss either.  Most games with mates playing at the local park have players showing more energy, and effort. Don't remember seeing any one of them looking particularly upset about anything for the whole 90 minutes.

This is the worst Scotland team ever. Even Bertie's team would turn them over easily.

Absolutely spineless 

5 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Shame on the lot of you.

Dont give a fcuk if you think manager is a piss take you are scottish or claim to be scottish and you let us all down. 

Robertson turned up at the airport and was told to stay at home.

Tierney travelled with the team and was deemed unfit and sent home.

Yeh, they may have played had it been club games, but clubs are more willing to risk players' health as they are paying the money for them.

2 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Robertson turned up at the airport and was told to stay at home.

Tierney travelled with the team and was deemed unfit and sent home.

Yeh, they may have played had it been club games, but clubs are more willing to risk players' health as they are paying the money for them.

Both will play for their clubs next week no problemo

Like I said before the game...

Clear Robertson et al have chosen club over us.

Who can blame them, here’s an 11;

Allan McGregor, Phil Barsley, Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney, James McArthur, Robert Snodgrass, Matt Ritchie, Ryan Fraser, Callum Paterson, Steven Fletcher & Leigh Griffiths 

Who have chosen not to play for Scotland who could have been on the pitch for this fixture. Tells it’s own story. 

McLeish has no clue, lost the players early and his backroom team of Peter Grant & James McFadden... that’s the most Scotlandy of backroom teams possible and classic us all round. 

20 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Allan McGregor, Phil Barsley, Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney, James McArthur, Robert Snodgrass, Matt Ritchie, Ryan Fraser, Callum Paterson, Steven Fletcher & Leigh Griffiths 

Who have chosen not to play for Scotland who could have been on the pitch for this fixture. Tells it’s own story. 

McLeish has no clue, lost the players early and his backroom team of Peter Grant & James McFadden... that’s the most Scotlandy of backroom teams possible and classic us all round. 

McGregor, Brown, McArthur, Snodgrass, Ritchie, Patterson, Fraser, Fletcher, Robertson and Tierney

Are an utter disgrace

Edited by Bino's

It's the whole squad.. Some players have retired, others missed this one, others will miss in the future... The boys that turned up today shouldn't get any special commendations for doing so. Turning up for a competitive Scotland fixture should be a given, and then they should be judged on commitment and performance on the field.

The players and the current coaching team are all just faciliating a culture where playing for Scotland is a secondary concern to anything else that they can find to fill up their calendars. We end up with players out there that know they're not first choice internationals if others could be arsed, and then they play like they know they don't belong.

This is the possibly the weakest generation ever from an ability level. It's definitely the weakest ever from a commitment standpoint.

Not to single anyone out as nobody earned more than a 0/10....but Liam Palmer?? I've never seen the boy play before, but has anyone ever looked worse on their Scotland debut?

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

When did Leigh Griffiths choose not to play for Scotland? Or did you just need an 11th to try and pass it off as a “team” to emphasise your point in a “here’s what we could have had” way?

Tierney was in Kazakhstan. I would imagine if he was fit he would have played. I would also imagine it’s not him alone who took the decision not to play.

12 hours ago, Chripper said:

Would It really have made a difference if those players played today? It's not like it's a list of a bunch of world class players. If you take out Robertson and Tierney, the rest are average and no better than the players who played today.

It absolutely would have made a difference, Fletcher is far superior player to McBurnie, and if Fraser had got into some of the positions Burke had got into early in the game, we would have created more. 

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

When did Leigh Griffiths choose not to play for Scotland? Or did you just need an 11th to try and pass it off as a “team” to emphasise your point in a “here’s what we could have had” way?

Tierney was in Kazakhstan. I would imagine if he was fit he would have played. I would also imagine it’s not him alone who took the decision not to play.

He chose not to play football at all a few months ago you nugget 😂

14 hours ago, Chripper said:

Would It really have made a difference if those players played today? It's not like it's a list of a bunch of world class players. If you take out Robertson and Tierney, the rest are average and no better than the players who played today.

Ryan Fraser is a better player than Oliver Burke.  By some distance. 

15 hours ago, aaid said:

I generally don't stand up for people calling off for dubious reasons however a lot of players who have had problems with injuries can't play on 3G pitches, particularly those who have had knee, ankle or ligament injuries.  Paterson, for example, falls into that category.

That is totally not true! the players were leaned on by clubs and all are spineless @rseholes. where does everyone think the poor wee lambs train when the weather is bad? yes all these clubs have indoor astro facilities! they play friendlies on them they go to training facilities on them everything. Darren Fletcher is right to call them out they are all wealthy young men and you cant deny them they have done well in their lives  but in the grand scheme of being footballers they are ALL never going to amount to much as they have no spine. Can you imagine Bale telling giggs he wouldnt play on astro? not a chance as he is a leader of men and puts his country 1st. Never been as raging after a game and there have been plenty of disappointments but Mcleish pandering to all the players and clubs is sickening. We are a laughing stock and I cant see a way back. Rangers and Celtic in our league think they are way above Scotland fixtures but as can be seen with them in Europe they are an irrelevance and all these players in english leagues are the same think they are superstars but also an irrelevance. Mcleish HAS to be sacked and dont anyone say who can we get. The bottom line is we need someone who the players respect and fear and who will tell them they are pish if thats what they are. Other than Andy Robertson who I am hoping hasnt left us in the lurch the rest need hung out to dry both with management team and also the media as they also are to blame with always sooking up players arses. It is totally embarrasing. 

14 hours ago, COLT NY said:

To be honest the ones that did play all looked like they couldn't give a toss either.  Most games with mates playing at the local park have players showing more energy, and effort. Don't remember seeing any one of them looking particularly upset about anything for the whole 90 minutes.

This is the worst Scotland team ever. Even Bertie's team would turn them over easily.

Take heart.  We can deteriorate still further.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Those were at World Cups, loses happen.

Last night was a million times worse. Outclassed by 117th in the world.

Aye, at least those teams were good enough to qualify themselves. I honestly thought I’d never see a more abject performance than Israel last year - last night has beat it.

5 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

It absolutely would have made a difference, Fletcher is far superior player to McBurnie, and if Fraser had got into some of the positions Burke had got into early in the game, we would have created more. 

I agree with that, but all 11 players were off their game yesterday. I don't think the inclusion of Fletcher and Fraser would've made their team-mates play better.

3 hours ago, hursty said:

Ryan Fraser is a better player than Oliver Burke.  By some distance. 

Definitely, but his inclusion wouldn't had made the other 10 players play well.

The system that Kazakhstan played was the difference. 

Suppose it depends how you view it. I view it like this.  Last night was on a plastic pitch in their home ground, we are ranked 40th in world, we have no players in the team that played last night with top class european experience,  apart from maybe Forest and mcGregor but even this is at a basic level where the team they play for were beaten by teams from Kazakstan,  we had players earning first caps and hardly anyone with vast international experience, its the beginning of the campaign so all is not lost. Saying all that we should have won.  Compare that with defeat against Peru and a draw against Iran these were teams who had no players playing in any major team in Europe and both ranked way below Scotland. Our team at the time had defeated England at Wembley it was full of European cup winners from Nottingham Forest and Liverpool we had European player of the year in Dalgleish and a Scotland squad made up of players playing at the highest level such as Joe Jordan who was with Man Utd who went on to play for Milan. Also these games were played in a neutral venue and games that could have taken us into the play offs of the world cup. I for one felt distraught at those results but last night i was upset but to be honest i could see it coming.

3 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

Suppose it depends how you view it. I view it like this.  Last night was on a plastic pitch in their home ground, we are ranked 40th in world, we have no players in the team that played last night with top class european experience,  apart from maybe Forest and mcGregor but even this is at a basic level where the team they play for were beaten by teams from Kazakstan,  we had players earning first caps and hardly anyone with vast international experience, its the beginning of the campaign so all is not lost. Saying all that we should have won.  Compare that with defeat against Peru and a draw against Iran these were teams who had no players playing in any major team in Europe and both ranked way below Scotland. Our team at the time had defeated England at Wembley it was full of European cup winners from Nottingham Forest and Liverpool we had European player of the year in Dalgleish and a Scotland squad made up of players playing at the highest level such as Joe Jordan who was with Man Utd who went on to play for Milan. Also these games were played in a neutral venue and games that could have taken us into the play offs of the world cup. I for one felt distraught at those results but last night i was upset but to be honest i could see it coming.

I will definitely be on my own but I think this team still has potential, it needs the right management. Some of our players are hitting good club form, like Mckenna, Bates, McTominey, McGinn, Mcgregor, Robertson, Fraser, Forrest, Fletcher and Bain. Burke is still raw, with the right coaching at club level he can still be a player. Christie was missing just when he hit the club form of his life and he impressed playing for Scotland. I think McKenna will soon move to england, maybe O'Donnell too, do killie fans think he could go on to bigger things?

Thats the nucleus of a decent starting line up, imagine what it could be if Griffiths screws the nut

I am of the thinking that players shouldn't need to be motivated to play,  but I do realise some of the  pansies we have need motivating, if we can get the right manager to get these players going we could be a decent team.

Teams do turn things around with the right coach, just look at Man Utd and Killie

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Those were defeats inflicted in the World Cup finals - we can only dream of such things now.  Instead, nowadays we get skelped in the qualifiers by other also-rans.

Suppose it depends how you view it. I view it like this.  Last night was on a plastic pitch in their home ground, we are ranked 40th in world, we have no players in the team that played last night with top class european experience,  apart from maybe Forest and mcGregor but even this is at a basic level where the team they play for were beaten by teams from Kazakstan,  we had players earning first caps and hardly anyone with vast international experience, its the beginning of the campaign so all is not lost. Saying all that we should have won.  Compare that with defeat against Peru and a draw against Iran these were teams who had no players playing in any major team in Europe and both ranked way below Scotland. Our team at the time had defeated England at Wembley it was full of European cup winners from Nottingham Forest and Liverpool we had European player of the year in Dalgleish and a Scotland squad made up of players playing at the highest level such as Joe Jordan who was with Man Utd who went on to play for Milan. Also these games were played in a neutral venue and games that could have taken us into the play offs of the world cup. I for one felt distraught at those results but last night i was upset but to be honest i could see it  coming.

scotlad     13

scotlad
  1 hour ago, bigfathagiz said:

Peru, Costa Rica?

Those were defeats inflicted in the World Cup finals - we can only dream of such things now.  Instead, nowadays we get skelped in the qualifiers by other also-rans.

vanderark14     277

vanderark14
  18 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

I will definitely be on my own but I think this team still has potential, it needs the right management. Some of our players are hitting good club form, like Mckenna, Bates, McTominey, McGinn, Mcgregor, Robertson, Fraser, Forrest, Fletcher and Bain. Burke is still raw, with the right coaching at club level he can still be a player. Christie was missing just when he hit the club form of his life and he impressed playing for Scotland. I think McKenna will soon move to england, maybe O'Donnell too, do killie fans think he could go on to bigger things?

Thats the nucleus of a decent starting line up, imagine what it could be if Griffiths screws the nut

I am of the thinking that players shouldn't need to be motivated to play,  but I do realise some of the  pansies we have need motivating, if we can get the right manager to get these players going we could be a decent team.

Teams do turn things around with the right coach, just look at Man Utd and Killie

Reply to this topic...

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No you're not on your own. Crazy long trip to a country that's in central Asia, plastic pitch, call offs, young team. Had banana skin written all over it. I take some consolation that Wales got tanked 6-0 by Serbia before going on to have several good years. Okay we haven't got a Bale or Ramsey but agree that with organisation and commitment we could still have something to be proud of. Whether that can happen under the present set up is the question.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I must be no well, found myself agreeing with all of the above lol 😂