Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor

Templeton_Peck

I'm with the OP but as I've said already, mcleish set his stall out so we shouldn't be surprised the clubs and players take advantage of him.

I wont say that again or I'll be into Chripper broken record territory 

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Agreed.

Fair enough he can’t travel but it looks like he used the break to get treatment that he’d postpone for his club. 

He absolutely did this but the other players in most part have their last big contracts at their EPL clubs so dont give a flying fcuk as being international wont fill their wallets. 

Fraser, Robertson, Paterson, Tierney would also all have played tonight if it was club game. 

Am i wrong??

28 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

He absolutely did this but the other players in most part have their last big contracts at their EPL clubs so dont give a flying fcuk as being international wont fill their wallets. 

Fraser, Robertson, Paterson, Tierney would also all have played tonight if it was club game. 

Am i wrong??

And Steven Fletcher. Those players would have made a big difference. 

32 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Darren Fletcher's seriously unimpressed with these fannies not wanting to play on the plastic.

I generally don't stand up for people calling off for dubious reasons however a lot of players who have had problems with injuries can't play on 3G pitches, particularly those who have had knee, ankle or ligament injuries.  Paterson, for example, falls into that category.

This is the most frustrating thing about this whole shambles - if everyone is available we have a really decent squad. Of the team which played today, only Armstrong and McGregor and Forrest would probably be still in our strongest starting line up. But for a variety of reasons, I think many relating to the manager, we have loads of guys missing.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I generally don't stand up for people calling off for dubious reasons however a lot of players who have had problems with injuries can't play on 3G pitches, particularly those who have had knee, ankle or ligament injuries.  Paterson, for example, falls into that category.

The bottom line is that there is no conclusive evidence that such pitches cause injuries. The players had one important 90 minutes to play on an artificial surface, you would think they were getting asked to play on fucking lava or something. It's a convenient pathetic excuse. 

As a dentist I find it hard to fathom that Andy Robertson could be fine to play on Sunday but not fit to fly that night, so yes, he's clearly chose to delay treatment which I expect will be a wisdom tooth issue, as captain, that is unacceptable for me. 

At some point someone is going to realise that football only has the money it has because of the magic for the fans. If they kill the magic the money is going to go away.

That applies to international football and also teams throwing cup matches in an effort to come 6th in a league. Fans remember a cup final not the time the corporation made 20% more profit. 

Football is eating itself.

47 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

The bottom line is that there is no conclusive evidence that such pitches cause injuries. The players had one important 90 minutes to play on an artificial surface, you would think they were getting asked to play on fucking lava or something. It's a convenient pathetic excuse. 

As a dentist I find it hard to fathom that Andy Robertson could be fine to play on Sunday but not fit to fly that night, so yes, he's clearly chose to delay treatment which I expect will be a wisdom tooth issue, as captain, that is unacceptable for me. 

It's not that the surface causes injuries but more that because it's a harder surface and isn't as cushioning as grass then players who had problems with injuries, particularly knees and ankles, can't play on them as the impact on joints is too much.

I follow a team in the National League in England where four clubs have 3G pitches, we've a couple of players who can't play on them as they have had knee injuries in the past and if they play on 3G their knees swell up after and they'd miss the next game  

Edited by aaid

3 hours ago, Chripper said:

Would It really have made a difference if those players played today? It's not like it's a list of a bunch of world class players. If you take out Robertson and Tierney, the rest are average and no better than the players who played today.

I'd have thought that aside from the actual talents of those players, the call-offs and drip drip suspicion of deserting a sinking ship must have a psychological impact.

To be honest the ones that did play all looked like they couldn't give a toss either.  Most games with mates playing at the local park have players showing more energy, and effort. Don't remember seeing any one of them looking particularly upset about anything for the whole 90 minutes.

This is the worst Scotland team ever. Even Bertie's team would turn them over easily.