Next Manager? - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Manager?

JECK

16 hours ago, macy37 said:

Honest to fuck you lot are half the issue...Fletcher?!! A man with absolutely zero experience, none!

Yeah, that's a very bad idea. I'd happily have him involved though with a view to the future. Every well run organisation should succession plan, i'd be happy with him being ours.

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, that's a very bad idea. I'd happily have him involved though with a view to the future. Every well run organisation should succession plan, i'd be happy with him being ours.

Succession yes but don’t throw him straight in. We’d be better with Gemmil but that doesn’t fill many of us with hope. 

See having someone like Southgate or Gemmill in charge or even Fletcher for that matter is all very well if you have a squad as talented as England's. Whereas we need someone that can motivate our players to give them more than their talents can give. I don't see Gemmill or Fletcher being that man although they may prove me wrong and it may work. I would rather hedge my bets on someone though who is proven to be a great motivator and communicator and great at organising a team into an effective system. Someone with experience but who works well with younger players and is still in touch with the modern game. My pick would be Alex Neil

7 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

My pick would be Alex Neil

No way will he leave PNE when they are still in with a shot at the play offs this season. And even they fail in that, they will be keen to give it another go next season.

Face it, when McLeish is sacked next week, Malky Mackay will be put in charge for the rest of the campaign. It's all a fucking disgrace.

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Face it, when McLeish is sacked next week, Malky Mackay will be put in charge for the rest of the campaign. It's all a fucking disgrace.

Please, please no. Think that would be the final nail in the coffin for me. Just as a wad load of campaign tickets arrived through the letterbox 😕

55 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No way will he leave PNE when they are still in with a shot at the play offs this season. And even they fail in that, they will be keen to give it another go next season.

Aye you are probably right he may not want to leave but I'd at least ask him the question. I think the next candidate for me would maybe be Steve Clarke although I have reservations about his overall record and between him and Moyes there probably isn't a great deal of difference. Moyes may get greater instant respect from the players just for the fact he is a house hold name down south. Both though seem like they would not be the type of characters to stand for the fiasco of the recent call offs

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I'd take Moyes IF he  had Fletch as his assistant. He's bound to head back down south if successful so we need a successor groomed.

You'd accept a guy who when he managed a club in Spain .......... refused to learn Spanish ?

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

You'd accept a guy who when he managed a club in Spain .......... refused to learn Spanish ?

Didn't realise that being a fluent Spanish speaker was  a requirement for Scotland manager but more that he would have some respect from the players as he has managed big clubs.

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Didn't realise that being a fluent Spanish speaker was  a requirement for Scotland manager but more that he would have some respect from the players as he has managed big clubs.

It it illustrates what a bad professional he is and why people think he is a joke.

What exactly did Moyes do well at Man Utd, Sociedad or Sunderland ? 

He's also a "woe is me" crybaby that thinks he's been hard done by from the above mentioned clubs. Fuck off "Moyesy" ye were a spoofer and got found out in the end.

In the short term this would be an attractive job I reckon.

Everyone knows the euros group is a bit of a free hit now so incoming manager will get between 6-8 competitive games to assess things.

Then they get potentially two play offs to become first Scottish manager in over 20 years to take team to major tournament and thus becoming national hero in the process (seeing as probably a fair few now think Scotland will never qualify for anything again).

If that happens suddenly the stock is higher in wider media and you can get a better club job.....no wonder Moyes is suddenly pipping up about being interested.

Personally I'd prefer a younger candidate with a fresh vision but they tend to be thin on the ground these days north of the border. Before McLeish got the job I said Steve Clark was a very viable candidate given the managers he's worked under and the job he was doing at Killie and that has continued.

Only issue is if things go wrong people would have his number due to him calling out the Rangers fans on abuse...🙄

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It it illustrates what a bad professional he is and why people think he is a joke.

He's also a "woe is me" crybaby that thinks he's been hard done by from the above mentioned clubs. Fuck off "Moyesy" ye were a spoofer and got found out in the end.

100% correct.

He's completely delusional as to why he was bulleted at the above clubs and refuses to blame himself.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

By the way Moyes actually had a better win percentage at Man Utd than Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool. Rodgers went to Celtic afterwards and is now lauded. Moyes made two bad career moves. Then his last club West Ham he kept them up when they were in trouble. West Ham are a big club and it says a lot for him that he was their go to guy to get them out of trouble. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

In the short term this would be an attractive job I reckon.

Everyone knows the euros group is a bit of a free hit now so incoming manager will get between 6-8 competitive games to assess things.

Then they get potentially two play offs to become first Scottish manager in over 20 years to take team to major tournament and thus becoming national hero in the process (seeing as probably a fair few now think Scotland will never qualify for anything again).

If that happens suddenly the stock is higher in wider media and you can get a better club job.....no wonder Moyes is suddenly pipping up about being interested.

Personally I'd prefer a younger candidate with a fresh vision but they tend to be thin on the ground these days north of the border. Before McLeish got the job I said Steve Clark was a very viable candidate given the managers he's worked under and the job he was doing at Killie and that has continued.

Only issue is if things go wrong people would have his number due to him calling out the Rangers fans on abuse...🙄

The bit I've highlighted is a major concern for me!  It's really not a free hit we should be relying on and after watching the performance in Kazakhstan I'm convinced too many of the players have this attitude as well.

If we have an absolutely honking qualifying campaign confidence will be rock bottom going into that play off and we could be watching another horrendous performance against a team that we could be well with in our abilities to beat!

6 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

By the way Moyes actually had a better win percentage at Man Utd than Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool. Rodgers went to Celtic afterwards and is now lauded. Moyes made two bad career moves. Then his last club West Ham he kept them up when they were in trouble. West Ham are a big club and it says a lot for him that he was their go to guy to get them out of trouble. 

Did he not also have a better record than both Van Gaal and Mourinho after the same number of games?

24 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

16 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Did he not also have a better record than both Van Gaal and Mourinho after the same number of games?

He inherited the best team in England at Man Utd. His successor inherited the 7th best. Kinda daft not to put the context to it.