Next Manager? - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Manager?

JECK

What about Paul McCartney I would have had him in Yesterday we certainly need a bit of Help. If we canny get him we will just have to Let It Be,  though if Mcleish remains it will be a Long and Winding Road to success. To be honest if we canny get somebody like Paul there could be a Revolution and bringing in Paul Dickov i can only see a Quick Helloo Goodbye and even though his first name is Paul he will not be getting All My Loving i certainly wont be Holding His Hand.   Im sure we Can Work It Out and Get Back to we all Come Together and get a Ticket to Ride to the next finals.  What about Neil Lennon Rex Harrison or Freddie Starr?

Folk mentioning parallels between Gareth Southgate and Darren Fletcher must be on the tonic wine. Southgate might be young by international standards but he's done his managerial apprenticeship - started at Middlesboro in 2006 - that's 12 years prior coaching/management experience that Fletcher doesn't have. 

Just watching BBC on Allan 'Superstriker' Russell honing England's strikers.  Do we have anyone like that in the Scotland set up?  I guess a new manager would have a major say in coaching team abut i just wonder how we compare with other nations in the set up and not just the bloke at the top.

57 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Just watching BBC on Allan 'Superstriker' Russell honing England's strikers.  Do we have anyone like that in the Scotland set up?  I guess a new manager would have a major say in coaching team abut i just wonder how we compare with other nations in the set up and not just the bloke at the top.

Our striker don't get supplied with opportunities to score.

Our central midfielders should be play Rugby as their modus operandi is passing back or sideways.

2 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Folk mentioning parallels between Gareth Southgate and Darren Fletcher must be on the tonic wine. Southgate might be young by international standards but he's done his managerial apprenticeship - started at Middlesboro in 2006 - that's 12 years prior coaching/management experience that Fletcher doesn't have. 

It's amazing isn't it how so many people can't be arsed spending ninety seconds looking something up on wikipedia ?

2 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

I think the comparison is to dissuade people from throwing Fletcher into the deep end as an international manager tomorrow. And instead make sure he has a   an appropriate apprenticeship first...like Southgate. 

Not sure if you have maybe mis-read or misunderstood the point being made here?

Don't think any one has suggested it, but I wonder if Michael O'Neil could be tempted.

Suggestions were that he was offered the wrong deal by the SFA, maybe they could come back with a better one and the guarantee of a play off spot would make the whole idea more attractive. 

Barring that bringing Strachan back is about the only appointment that would satisfy any supporters.

All the other names on here are pie in the sky barring the ones all ready out of club management and currently employed by the SFA.

42 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't think any one has suggested it, but I wonder if Michael O'Neil could be tempted.

Suggestions were that he was offered the wrong deal by the SFA, maybe they could come back with a better one and the guarantee of a play off spot would make the whole idea more attractive. 

Barring that bringing Strachan back is about the only appointment that would satisfy any supporters.

All the other names on here are pie in the sky barring the ones all ready out of club management and currently employed by the SFA.

Bringing in the manager of Kilmarnock is pie in the sky?

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

For a Scottish person it should be the pinnacle. 

Sorry but earning £250,000 as Scotland Boss or £2.5 million as Celtic boss would test even your loyalties.

There are probably even Championship jobs paying far more than that and success would lead to well...................