Next Manager? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Manager?

JECK

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Moyes. I can only assume that’s a joke suggestion. He is a bigger loser has been cunt than Alex ‘dementia cunt’ McLeish. 

We deserve to get raped if we keep appointing these abject failure cunts. 

absolutely no need for this

14 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Pish. No other job in the world works that way. The issue with the SFA is that they didn’t even open the role for applications, they fucked up with trying to get O’Neil, then they went cap in hand to a useless has been. Due diligence was neglected. 

It isn't pish, it happens quite a lot in football - one manager leaves and is then quickly replaced by someone who's been obviously been sounded out.

I'm not denying that the SFA made a pig's ear of replacing Strachan though; if O'Neill was their man they should have spoken to him at the earliest opportunity, or just opened the floor for applications.

32 minutes ago, Boynze said:

wouldnt be against moyes necesarily, but come on passion?? that is so overrated and irrelevant. Celebrating when we won - woopdy-doo.

can he organise, drill, give players confidence, etc etc - these are the skills a good manager needs, not passion.

It would be a start - McLeish is demonstrating no passion for the job at the moment. 

I am not saying Moyes is first choice but he would be better than the current shambles.

I would actually like us to do something  completely different and put in Darren Fletcher with an experienced No2. He would have respect of players, hugely experienced player himself having worked with some of the best, speaks very well and obviously understands the game. Think he would take the job as well. 

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It isn't pish, it happens quite a lot in football - one manager leaves and is then quickly replaced by someone who's been obviously been sounded out.

I'm not denying that the SFA made a pig's ear of replacing Strachan though; if O'Neill was their man they should have spoken to him at the earliest opportunity, or just opened the floor for applications.

And I think that the process is pish. The SFA couldn’t have fucked it up more if they tried. 

Just now, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

You can be as negative as you want but just cos we are shit doesn't mean you can claim someone deserves to be a raped. 

Someone?

You don’t understand what the word means then. 

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Being happy clapper fans has worked out great for us. A negative comment on a dead board is hardly going to have a negative impact on anyone. 

I thought your comment was out of order and I am far from being a happy clapper.

The "dementia cunt" comment was uncalled for. 

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

It would be a start - McLeish is demonstrating no passion for the job at the moment. 

I am not saying Moyes is first choice but he would be better than the current shambles.

I would actually like us to do something  completely different and put in Darren Fletcher with an experienced No2. He would have respect of players, hugely experienced player himself having worked with some of the best, speaks very well and obviously understands the game. Think he would take the job as well. 

So unispiring.  Moyes!!  Yes ill coach Scotland until something better in England comes along.  Why would we want that traitor?

But does it really matter, we can sack McLeish but then we will get some other useless appointment that wont make any difference.

I actually cant think of anyone that would help!!  All the decent young Scottish managers are way to inexperienced for the job.  The older guys are useless and want to be anywhere but Scotland it seems.  The great managers have retired.  O'Neil, do we really want to go back to begging a guy whos already turned us down.

We should try without a manager.  I mean we only strated playing well under Strachan when he was forced to pick all the celtic boys.

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Actually, that's not a bad shout. Lets do it

3 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I was just about to post that very suggestion. He's like  Southgate: young, respected, polite, a modern coach. And what an example he set, always turning up even when ill. You never know - he might get SAF to assist.

Really disappointing its San Marino up next. Imagine it was Belgium away, it could have been a 7-0 if not more hammering and he'd be away.

We'll probably win 3-0 on Sunday and it'll be "time to move on. Plenty of games left to get a qualifying spot," pish that will come undone in the next round of fixtures in June against Cyprus and Belgium.

5 hours ago, scotlad said:

They shouldn't have got rid of him in the first place, IMO, not without a suitable replacement waiting in the wings anyway.

Strachan 100% deserved the bullet. The fact that the SFA had fuck all plan except giving it to a auld zoomer is neither here or there.

Just now, PapofGlencoe said:

moyes is just like McLeish though.  Just seems to have lost the touch.   

Good managers in their day but don't seem to command respect.  No fire left.

Agree.

Moyes has had his day. No doubt he'll be in next when Eck is sacked in the summer or autumn.

Jack Ross and Steve Clarke are the two standouts, but I doubt both would touch the job.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s a higher calling. He’s leaving anyway. 

He's under contract for next season and has shown no intention to leave.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

surely he's off at some point anyway? if he is off then surely you would want Scotland to be the next destination?

I'm just about given up with Scotland now, so I couldn't really care less who's boss under the current set up.

I'd hope Clarke would get a better gig that this shambles for his next job.  I don't think he's particularly fond of the SFA to be honest either.

They are more likely to go for somebody like McIness. 

Whats Chris Coleman up to these days? Successful national manager with small country, made a ridiculous move back to club football with Sunderland. Should at least ask him until the end of this campaign. Could get Darren Fletcher in as assistant  and DF takes over after 2020. Could work for CC as well as a route back into UK club football.

Know he's in China bur surely worth a phone call.

Could turn Johnny Russell into Gareth Bale. 😮😮

Darren Fletcher?! No, no, no, no, no.

What the fuck is wrong with us?! Really, really nice guy, legend in fact, and represented the best of what I've seen in the last 20 years for Scotland. But unless he's got management experience I've missed and a proven track record that's somehow passed me by, in what way is Fletcher even remotely qualified? It is not enough to be a nice guy and have a record of showing up as a player - this is a managerial appointment and a fucking good one at that. The required candidate should have recent, proven managerial experience, relevant qualifications, and a whole other list of technical abilities relating to football coaching and management.

Sack McLeish, and the board, and get professionals in charge of our game for fuck sake. I don't care what their nationality is, just open the position up and invite all applications - interview the best candidates and select the outstanding applicant. Give them a top tier salary and allow them to appoint their own team with minimal interference from the board.

This is not fucking rocket science and it's not Sunday league football. If you've got pals on the board and have an intimate knowledge of the corridors of power at Hampden, I'd probably hold it against them in their application.

At this stage, I'd actually support someone totally unconnected to football taking over at the SFA and treating it like a proper business. There is no fucking way this shite would be tolerated in the business world. There should be clear results and performance benchmarks... and we're so far below them right now, it's a national disgrace.