Next Manager? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Manager?

JECK

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Clarke, Steven or Bilić, Slaven

How many on the brain donor waiting list will nominate "Walter" or Sounness though ?

Clarke would seem a great choice.  Getting the most out of limited resources. (is that Scotland??)

Steven??? who??

Not the Bilic stuff again.  Why would a proud croat potentially coach another nation against his own if we meet. But also is he really any better than our abundance of Scottish managers.

We have always punched above our weight with coaches/managers.

32 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Steve Clarke is the obvious standout Scottish candidate, but I reckon he'll be at Parkhead in the summer.

Maybe we could then advertise the job, draw up a shortlist, etc. instead of just running down a list of ex-Rangers managers until one takes it.

He says he's moving back to England 100%. He could manage Scotland and live in England. 

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

I absolutely agree.

We aren't at a tipping point, we've fallen off it. It's time for action to be taken. Some people are appeased with a couple of performance schools, but that just smacks of "too little, too late"

Sadly, I think things will get worse. There's no such thing as rock bottom, as there's always more down.

And you have my respects for heading off tomorrow.

I feel like our grassroots level is changing for the better.  The u20's and kids play a really progressive possession based style.  All about keeping ball but also using it to create as well.  Agree with your earilier post in that our seniors play it sideways most of the time.

However, I feel our big two clubs could do more, especially rangers.  I mean they have great facilities and they have no Scottish players in the team apart from the retired McGregor.  Surely the young academy lads are just as good as all the expensive English crap they have bought over the last couple of years.

Where has Glenn Middleton gone?? 

11 minutes ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

I feel like our grassroots level is changing for the better.  The u20's and kids play a really progressive possession based style.  All about keeping ball but also using it to create as well.  Agree with your earilier post in that our seniors play it sideways most of the time.

However, I feel our big two clubs could do more, especially rangers.  I mean they have great facilities and they have no Scottish players in the team apart from the retired McGregor.  Surely the young academy lads are just as good as all the expensive English crap they have bought over the last couple of years.

Where has Glenn Middleton gone?? 

People say that but I'll believe it when I see it. I hope it's true. The question is, though, why haven't we been doing it for 20/30 years? Imagine where we'd be if we had been, and it was successful.

Again, people say that Rangers have turned a corner and their young players look like stars of the future, and again, I'll believe it when I see it. But yes, I agree. I can't fathom why they've never been interested into bringing on their own youngsters, I mean, if it's good enough for Barcelona...

Didn't he fall down a well? Oh wait, that was Bart...

15 minutes ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

Can we not persuade Craig Brown back out of retirement.  I mean he is the only one that actually knows how to do it.

Might sound like a daft one, but I'd be all for it.

And not just because he'd reintroduce the 3-5-2. ;)

Reckon Malky Mackay would get it if McLeish went. Which would cause a whole heap of additional problems.

I would ask O'Neill again - he has no chance qualifying with Northern Ireland and may realise he has taken them as far as he can and there is an opportunity to scrap us off the bottom of the barrel and progress.

I’ve just watched his after match interview. My god where do you start with it?!!

We started bright, Olly Burke looked a little bit up for it. They were on fire. Playing in to out. Can only impart what we know on the players.

He’s shot, totally out of depth. 

Looks terrible too. Get him away tae fuck ASAP.

If we were actually to go and spend a heap of money to buy out Lars Lagerback then that would be as close to ideal as we could get.

Realistically, the SFA would never look beyond a cheap option so the best we can hope for is Moyes or Clarke.

Whoever it is needs to go and win back round some of our better players who have fallen out with McLeish (Snodgrass, Cairney, Marshall) and also needs to improve the half arsed attitude of the players.

24 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Realistically, the SFA would never look beyond a cheap option so the best we can hope for is Moyes or Clarke.

Aye to Steve Clarke

But as for David Moyes ..........

Moyes would be McLeish Mk. II with added passive aggression.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye to Steve Clarke

But as for David Moyes ..........

Moyes would be McLeish Mk. II with added passive aggression.

I'm not saying I want Moyes but that's as good as we will get. The SFA are cash strapped due to 20 years of failing to get to major championships.

9 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Neil Lennon

That would definitely be an entertaining appointment, one things for sure, he wouldn’t give the players excuses or bow down to clubs the way Mcliesh and Strachan do.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

According to DR, Strachan's odds of coming back have been slashed

Please no, just no. 

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Alex Neil would do well for us.

Finished 7th with PNE last season, in the same position this season after some terrible luck with injuries. 

I would take Alex Neill definitely but suspect SFA board too set in their ways to go for an upcoming manager like him plus not sure he would take it.

I'm not a huge Moyes fan but one thing he would do is get us organised which at moment we are completely lacking. Moyes also a passionate Scot - remember a mate sat near him at France 1-0 game at Hampden and said he was going mental when we won.

Edited by Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

According to DR, Strachan's odds of coming back have been slashed

They shouldn't have got rid of him in the first place, IMO, not without a suitable replacement waiting in the wings anyway.

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I would take Alex Neill definitely but suspect SFA board too set in their ways to go for an upcoming manager like him plus not sure he would take it.

I'm not a huge Moyes fan but one thing he would do is get us organised which at moment we are completely lacking. Moyes also a passionate Scot - remember a mate sat near him at France 1-0 game at Hampden and said he was going mental when we won.

wouldnt be against moyes necesarily, but come on passion?? that is so overrated and irrelevant. Celebrating when we won - woopdy-doo.

can he organise, drill, give players confidence, etc etc - these are the skills a good manager needs, not passion.

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Moyes. I can only assume that’s a joke suggestion. He is a bigger loser has been cunt than Alex ‘dementia cunt’ McLeish. 

We deserve to get raped if we keep appointing these abject failure cunts. 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

They shouldn't have got rid of him in the first place, IMO, not without a suitable replacement waiting in the wings anyway.

Pish. No other job in the world works that way. The issue with the SFA is that they didn’t even open the role for applications, they fucked up with trying to get O’Neil, then they went cap in hand to a useless has been. Due diligence was neglected.