Next Manager? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Manager?

JECK

45 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It doesn't matter who we have as manager.

Our players are awful. Our player should be playing Rugby because all they seem to be able to do is either pass sideways or backwards. We have no structure at youth level, we have no young players coming through. The SFA don't give a damn if we lose or win, the only thing they care about is the mugs fans handing them their hard earned money.

For decades the SFA and the Old Firm have bled Scottish football dry, they've ignored grassroots and totally washed their hands of responsibility that they had.

We're reaping what was sown. It'll get worse. And people are fooling themselves thinking that because we now have a few performance schools things are going to be different. The performance schools thing should've been done in the 80s.

51 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It doesn't matter who we have as manager.

Our players are awful. Our player should be playing Rugby because all they seem to be able to do is either pass sideways or backwards. We have no structure at youth level, we have no young players coming through. The SFA don't give a damn if we lose or win, the only thing they care about is the mugs fans handing them their hard earned money.

For decades the SFA and the Old Firm have bled Scottish football dry, they've ignored grassroots and totally washed their hands of responsibility that they had.

We're reaping what was sown. It'll get worse. And people are fooling themselves thinking that because we now have a few performance schools things are going to be different. The performance schools thing should've been done in the 80s.

Chripper, as proud and passionate as I am about Scotland this post is spot on. We are falling behind the so called "minnows", we are devoid of ideas, lacking the initiative to look forward as many other countries have done and give youth a chance, it may mean several years of pain and suffering but we must act soon. I will still go and support them but each year it gets harder. I am off to San Marino tomorrow and I cant ever remember feeling so flat about going on an away trip. I am reluctant to criticise individuals but clearly this afternoon there were several players not yet ready to step up to International level. We will never have the greatest players but by feck - please try, this is your country you are playing for. The SFA have an arrogance that all is well....we might seak a 1 nil win against San Marino and all will be good again!!!

4 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Unremitting wall-to-wall shite. 

SFA are a failure and have been for decades. Scottish Government would do well to withdraw all funding from football and give it to more deserving national sports that don’t foster bigotry and which bring people together in celebration rather than mockery and anger. 

You have a point there. :ok:

From personal experience I know that our national cricket and field hockey teams do a lot of great, almost completely unsung work in communities around the country on tiny budgets and they deserve a substantial cash injection.

Just now, HOT SHOT HAMISH said:

Chripper, as proud and passionate as I am about Scotland this post is spot on. We are falling behind the so called "minnows", we are devoid of ideas, lacking the initiative to look forward as many other countries have done and give youth a chance, it may mean several years of pain and suffering but we must act soon. I will still go and support them but each year it gets harder. I am off to San Marino tomorrow and I cant ever remember feeling so flat about going on an away trip. I am reluctant to criticise individuals but clearly this afternoon there were several players not yet ready to step up to International level. We will never have the greatest players but by feck - please try, this is your country you are playing for. The SFA have an arrogance that all is well....we might seak a 1 nil win against San Marino and all will be good again!!!

31 minutes ago, HOT SHOT HAMISH said:

I absolutely agree.

We aren't at a tipping point, we've fallen off it. It's time for action to be taken. Some people are appeased with a couple of performance schools, but that just smacks of "too little, too late"

Sadly, I think things will get worse. There's no such thing as rock bottom, as there's always more down.

And you have my respects for heading off tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I absolutely agree.

We aren't at a tipping point, we've fallen off it. It's time for action to be taken. Some people are appeased with a couple of performance schools, but that just smacks of "too little, too late"

Sadly, I think things will get worse. There's no such thing as rock bottom, as there's always more down.

And you have my respects for heading off tomorrow.

Agree with all that. Who will listen and who is prepared to do anything about it or who can do anything about it???

11 minutes ago, HOT SHOT HAMISH said:

Agree with all that. Who will listen and who is prepared to do anything about it or who can do anything about it???

I don't know.

I think the SFA receive funding from the government. Personally I think that should be stopped and given elsewhere.

Other than that, I don't know. Personally I think we should all be picketing outside Hampden and demand answers. People go on and one about the SFA not having any money, but just look at Iceland, they're the size of Stoke and yet the sheer amount and quality of their facilities put the SFA to shame. Well, not really, as the SFA are shameless. 

Scottish football is rotten to the core. Why are there 3 football associations ? Why have we got 3 leagues of 10 teams and 1 league of 12? Why is the second best team in Scotland training on public parks? Why have the SFA ignored grassroots for so long? Why didn't the Old Firm dedicate their time and money to bringing through their own superstars?

There's so many questions and it would appear that no one has the answers.

2 minutes ago, HOT SHOT HAMISH said:

But we are a nation of bampots, we keep going back, glutton for the punishment they hand out. The sfa play clever, they now have all our pennies in the bank, don't give a hoot if we boycott home games now......

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

I don't know.

I think the SFA receive funding from the government. Personally I think that should be stopped and given elsewhere.

Other than that, I don't know. Personally I think we should all be picketing outside Hampden and demand answers. People go on and one about the SFA not having any money, but just look at Iceland, they're the size of Stoke and yet the sheer amount and quality of their facilities put the SFA to shame. Well, not really, as the SFA are shameless. 

Scottish football is rotten to the core. Why are there 3 football associations ? Why have we got 3 leagues of 10 teams and 1 league of 12? Why is the second best team in Scotland training on public parks? Why have the SFA ignored grassroots for so long? Why didn't the Old Firm dedicate their time and money to bringing through their own superstars?

Aye I’m not convinced a boycott would make any difference, certainly not long term. 

The only thing you can really change is your relationship with the team, results used to piss me off but I laughed when that 3rd goal went in, nothing else you can do 

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

I don't know.

We could all debate this for years, the SFA would get money to carry out a "study" into our failures and still do feck all. 

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I laughed when that 3rd goal went in, nothing else you can do 

I did the same.

First time I've ever had such a reaction. Strangely enough, I wasn't even angry at the end of the match, as it's almost expected. I was watching it with my nephew. He's not into Scotland as much as he used to be, and for the first time, I get it. The lad is used to seeing us humiliate ourselves. I grew up in 90's, I took qualifying for granted.

Steve Clarke would be the best choice. However if you were Steve Clarke's agent / best friend you'd be telling him to avoid it at all costs.

The SFA are utter wankers and that would be your employer. Why would anyone with self respect want to work for them.

SC is perfectly poised to pickup a really heavy paying job in the EPL as soon as some team gets the relegation fears. He'd be mad to cash in all his good work to take a shite job managing a bunch of players who don't really give a fuck about the concept of the Scotland team for which they are picked, and for an employer who are worth less than a fuck.

Steve Clarke is the obvious standout Scottish candidate, but I reckon he'll be at Parkhead in the summer.

Maybe we could then advertise the job, draw up a shortlist, etc. instead of just running down a list of ex-Rangers managers until one takes it.

Big Sam........... he can bribe us to a championship...

Clarke needs to be offered it...... Watching the Bel v Rus game. If we play like that against them, we will need protection from the police for assault.

We are a young team, with minimal talent. Clarke may be the only one to maximise it. If were not careful we will have more calls offs.

Edited by sandyb