Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019] - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019]

Clyde1998

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

What an odd thing to say.

So, you're saying that ex footballers shouldn't criticize current football? Does it work in every walk of life? If a plumber does a bad job installing a shower, should his fellow plumbers deny the obvious and congratulate him on fine work?

Sounds like a secret society where everyone scratches their backs to get ahead.

No, I'm not saying that.

Try reading the post again

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

So, you want to us an emoji to replace actual, literal words?

Yikes.

If you describe the words you want to use I can help find them. :)

round and round we go

you can have the last word chripper, go on I promise not to reply so you can have it 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

No, I'm not saying that.

Try reading the post again

I read it a couple times as I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Are you trying to say that they're singling him out? Well, he was at fault for two of the goals... but fine, if you're saying that they're singling him out then I agree that it's wrong.

Not one player came out of that match with any credibility. In fact, those players will go down in infamy as being the team who were responsible for the worst defeat in our history.

4 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Spot on that post tbh. There has been so many doubts surrounding McLeish and I'm afraid that game there just proves he hasn't got what it takes. I am 100 percent confident a Steve Clarke or Davie Moyes would have at least had us working as a unit and looking like a team that knows and understands the roles and system they are supposed to be playing. Everything was a mess nothing was organised we had players floating about wherever they pleased there was no structure no identity no obvious tactics or way of playing. Defence was a shambles unorganised, midfield equally as bad, zero balance in midfield no protection for the defence and no support for the striker. Had no clue what to do faced with Kazakhstans five at the back. No leaders on the pitch or off it

Replacing McLeish with Moyes would be akin to putting an empty bucket under a leaking ceiling and not checking the roof.

I don't know how many times I've said this, but there are zero Scottish managers at the forefront of the game, zero that are innovative in terms of tactics and ideas and zero who know how to manage modern players and the very different demands they bring from even ten or fifteen years ago. We need and must go foreign, there are good and technically proficient players in that squad who are being led not only by a manager who's times has gone but by coaches in Grant and McFadden who haven't the faintest idea about how modern football works. We're insular, we're isolationist and we are proud of it, it's a sad state of affairs.

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I read it a couple times as I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Are you trying to say that they're singling him out? Well, he was at fault for two of the goals... but fine, if you're saying that they're singling him out then I agree that it's wrong.

Not one player came out of that match with any credibility. In fact, those players will go down in infamy as being the team who were responsible for the worst defeat in our history.

Well done, you got there in the end. 

8 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Where do people get this nonsense ? I’d say the opposite is true. As a nation, both on and off the park, we are surely among the biggest shitebags in the world. 

Sorry my statement was correct. One thing that was often commented on in the past was the pride players had in playing for Scotland. I didn't see the game but there's been enough comments about players either not trying or not even bothering to turn up to justify my comments. Years of constant underachieving, poor planning from the SFA and  mismanagement have led to this. I also think the fact that we've got another way into the Euros doesn't help. If this a one off match with a Euro space up for grabs I'm of the opinion that some off the no showers would have been there. 

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

It was a struggle, I admit to it, but I managed to get through the to the end of the Labyrinth and decipher the text.

Interesting. Far be it from me to defend Vanderark14 but I knew exactly what he meant on the first read of his post. 

And he's right. They pretty much scapegoated Shinnie and he wasn't the only one that was total shite. In fact not a single player managed to be as good as shite. 

I advocated giving McLeish a chance but he obviously isn't inspiring the players and he also doesn't seem to have learned anything about tactics in his career. 

I think after San Marino we need to ditch this management team and get in some new faces. The problem is there's nobody that springs to mind. 

Bobby Williamson for me, he has won the Scottish cup with Kilmarnock and has international experience, hard as nails guy from Easterhouse who played at a decent level with Rangers. Canny see him putting up with any shite certainly not guys with toothache or being worried about getting a plastic burn from an artificial pitch. He is also very available.

Just now, bigfathagiz said:

Bobby Williamson for me, he has won the Scottish cup with Kilmarnock and has international experience, hard as nails guy from Easterhouse who played at a decent level with Rangers. Canny see him putting up with any shite certainly not guys with toothache or being worried about getting a plastic burn from an artificial pitch. He is also very available.

Leave the trolling to the professionals.    Bobby really? 

Paul Dickov is the man 

38 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Interesting. Far be it from me to defend Vanderark14 but I knew exactly what he meant on the first read of his post. 

And he's right. They pretty much scapegoated Shinnie and he wasn't the only one that was total shite. In fact not a single player managed to be as good as shite. 

I advocated giving McLeish a chance but he obviously isn't inspiring the players and he also doesn't seem to have learned anything about tactics in his career. 

I think after San Marino we need to ditch this management team and get in some new faces. The problem is there's nobody that springs to mind. 

To be honest I don't think it's a manager situation nor is a player situation. It's much, much deeper than that.

This has been festering for decades and I think it'll get a lot worse, it certainly won't get better till the SFA and the clubs in Scotland come together and decide to really invest and focus their time and resources on grassroots. For decades Scottish clubs, especially the Old Firm and the SFA have completely ignored any aspects of youth development. In recent years we've had Barry Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, James McFadden, Craig Gordon, etc, but these players have happened by accident rather than design.

France established Clairefontaine when, in the late 80's? It takes up till 2014 (?) to create a few performance schools. The SFA should hang their head in shame for their neglect. Just last year they made £40m in turnover. What exactly are they doing with this money?

And as for the Old Firm, over the years they've been dripping with money. If they had any brains at all, and big picture views, they would've build youth academies all over Scotland, employed the proper coaches, and trained the kids in a professional manner, But no, they choose to buy foreigners and try to be better than their rival, right here, right now.

It's all a big mess.

Edited by Chripper

The same old conversations seem to be arising again.

Who do we have that’s Scottish and wants the job?

Absofuckinglutely no one. 

The world is a big place and there’s managers out there that would love a chance to manage international football. 

Too many people seem to think we need a Scottish manager and are happy to slate our only foreign one, who happens to be the last man to take us to a play off (a real one, not a mini league kick about). 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The world is a big place and there’s managers out there that would love a chance to manage international football. 

Too many people seem to think we need a Scottish manager and are happy to slate our only foreign one, who happens to be the last man to take us to a play off (a real one, not a mini league kick about). 

:ok::ok: 

Back of the fucking net.

The idea that we must always have a Scottish manager is outrageous stupidity with also a touch of xenophobia added in.

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Well said. Berti gets far too much stick in my opinion. We've had worse since. 

You know, if the SFA actually put the word out there across Europe (and even further beyond) that they were accepting applications to be manager of the Scotland national team - with the conditions that applicants must have several years experience managing club and/or international sides and must be a fully fluent English speaker - I'm confident they would have forty or fifty applications within a fortnight.

Why don't the SFA approach some of Scotland's wealthiest individuals about them putting up part of the money so we could hire someone like Jürgen Klinsmann ? 

Is putting an advertising sponsor on replica international kits still allowed ? If so that could be one way to earn some extra cash.

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You know, if the SFA actually put the word out there across Europe (and even further beyond) that they were accepting applications to be manager of the Scotland national team - with the conditions that applicants must have several years experience managing club and/or international sides and must be a fully fluent English speaker - I'm confident they would have forty or fifty applications within a fortnight.

Why don't the SFA approach some of Scotland's wealthiest individuals about them putting up part of the money so we could hire someone like Jürgen Klinsmann ? 

Is putting an advertising sponsor on replica international kits still allowed ? If so that could be one way to earn some extra cash.

Some folk will just never, ever, get it

This would sadden me if i wasnt as apathetic due to have been broken years ago

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Apologies if I am missing this but I haven't seen anyone stating the manager must be scottish lately.