Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019] - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019]

Clyde1998

I love how defeats like this get so I tense with club rivalries thrown in. 

Yes, Shinnie and McKenna were poor, but everyone was, they never lost Scotland the game tonight. 

We were without several shoe in starters, but having a thrown together team like that should still have won. 

Mcleish has to go now, but I think my favourite part was the people that claim sod is the answer to right back, he’s already been shown to be honking at international level. 

Absoutely no passion shown out there tonight and instead of the players applauding the fans, they should be knocking on every fucking hotel room door and personally apologising for that shambles. 

What's most depressing?

I'm used to us getting an unexpected (or not so unexpected) nightmare game/result.

Even used to the fact Scotland always seem to hand other teams their best result in ages, or ever - their first ever goal, the first draw or win, etc etc. 

Even used to the idea we could have blown our chances in the first month of a competition, the first game or even the first ten minutes of the first game.

But maybe the most depressing thing, is that from what I can hear the team were not even trying,  as if their heads went down and they were mentally defeated and never going to get back up after 10 minutes.  And could that be anything to do with all the call-offs, feeling their mates have deserted them, they are the ones left to carry the can and don't want to be there, and so on and so on and what does anyone care about international football after all? Maybe I am wrong can some one tell us, they really cared but were just shite? 

What was/is the Tartan Army view out there?

The BBC, SSN and the like will have to be avoided for the next few weeks. All those fucking presenters laughing at us. I'll guess I'll have to take up detectoring or something.

And as usual there will be plenty of fans from Scotland's two major clubs who will be absolutely delighted with tonight's result for the "tartan trannies" prior to going to watch their real favourite national teams.

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Yes, Shinnie and McKenna were poor, but everyone was, they never lost Scotland the game tonight. 

We were without several shoe in starters, but having a thrown together team like that should still have won. 

Mcleish has to go now, but I think my favourite part was the people that claim sod is the answer to right back, he’s already been shown to be honking at international level. 

Absoutely no passion shown out there tonight and instead of the players applauding the fans, they should be knocking on every fucking hotel room door and personally apologising for that shambles. 

Have to agree. Well said.👍

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

SOD is 1000 times better than than that fraud at full back.

Both full backs today were beyond amateur 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say every single player in a Scotland shirt looked amateur tonight. 

For the third goal McKenna and Bains attempt to stop it was beyond embarrassing.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Was it the away defeat to Israel that he was caught out time and time again for his poor positioning that resulted in at least 1 goal lost in the match. He was murder and you have to be able to see this, I admire you standing up for a player in your club team, but best to call it as it actually is. 

Seems we were lethargic across the park, and the Kazakhs worked their socks off.
All 3 goals where from men running off Shinnie.. which is really disappointing.

Most of our good stuff came from Burke in the 1st half going past people out wide.
So 2nd half McLeish moved him and Forrest narrower.. to block that route of attack, i guess.

Wasn't a fan of the McLeish appointment.
Still not.
Would be perfectly happy to see him go immediately.

14 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Have to agree. Well said.👍

1 minute ago, andyD said:

Seems we were lethargic across the park, and the Kazakhs worked their socks off.
All 3 goals where from men running off Shinnie.. which is really disappointing.

Most of our good stuff came from Burke in the 1st half going past people out wide.
So 2nd half McLeish moved him and Forrest narrower.. to block that route of attack, i guess.

Wasn't a fan of the McLeish appointment.
Still not.
Would be perfectly happy to see him go immediately.

Only saving grace is Mcleish(or someone else) has a year to build a team!

1 minute ago, tooting dave said:

Only saving grace is Mcleish(or someone else) has a year to build a team!

Hopefully not McLeish.

I don't think it's hard to put a side together for us.
I don't trust the midfield 3 of McGregor, McGinn and Armstrong. I think we need a genuine defensive player in there.
But the main problem today was that we were asleep from the kick off.
The opponents were up for the game and we were not.
That's down to the manager and his preparation.

It's not like those players can't put in more work than that, and play better than that. They just didn't today. Cos of staying on UK time, or the teamtalk, or what McLeish wanted them to do in the 4231 system. Whatever the reason, when an entire 11 doesn't perform, it's down to the manager, not the players.

28 minutes ago, exile said:

What's most depressing?

I'm used to us getting an unexpected (or not so unexpected) nightmare game/result.

Even used to the fact Scotland always seem to hand other teams their best result in ages, or ever - their first ever goal, the first draw or win, etc etc. 

Even used to the idea we could have blown our chances in the first month of a competition, the first game or even the first ten minutes of the first game.

But maybe the most depressing thing, is that from what I can hear the team were not even trying,  as if their heads went down and they were mentally defeated and never going to get back up after 10 minutes.  And could that be anything to do with all the call-offs, feeling their mates have deserted them, they are the ones left to carry the can and don't want to be there, and so on and so on and what does anyone care about international football after all? Maybe I am wrong can some one tell us, they really cared but were just shite? 

What was/is the Tartan Army view out there?

I also think the guaranteed play off is a noose round our neck. I predict EVERY single player will be available for those games so whats the point of plastic pitches or San Marino. Most will be up for the Belgium match as it will put them in the transfer window if they do well.  The players have not become bad overnight but will all the drop outs/ changes, we needed someone to take control and find a system that works. Unfortunately the bloke in charge is light years away from being that person. And hasn't since about 2010.

20 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Was it the away defeat to Israel that he was caught out time and time again for his poor positioning that resulted in at least 1 goal lost in the match. He was murder and you have to be able to see this, I admire you standing up for a player in your club team, but best to call it as it actually is. 

Israel losing 2-1 isn't 3-0 away to that mob tonight and being lucky it wasn't more. 

Shinnie is never a full.back in a million years. His positional sense is abysmal. 

15 minutes ago, andyD said:

Hopefully not McLeish.

I don't think it's hard to put a side together for us.
I don't trust the midfield 3 of McGregor, McGinn and Armstrong. I think we need a genuine defensive player in there.
But the main problem today was that we were asleep from the kick off.
The opponents were up for the game and we were not.
That's down to the manager and his preparation.

It's not like those players can't put in more work than that, and play better than that. They just didn't today. Cos of staying on UK time, or the teamtalk, or what McLeish wanted them to do in the 4231 system. Whatever the reason, when an entire 11 doesn't perform, it's down to the manager, not the players.

Fair points.However it seems we lose 3 or 4 of our better players,for whatever reason and we’re struggling 

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Israel losing 2-1 isn't 3-0 away to that mob tonight and being lucky it wasn't more. 

Shinnie is never a full.back in a million years. His positional sense is abysmal. 

I agree he isn’t a fullback, but that’s where he had to play. He’s probably played that position half a dozen times in the last 3 years, hence why  I find your attack on him being at fault all the more bizarre. 

That doesn’t make any difference to sod being pish though. 

20 minutes ago, daviebee said:

4-4-2... 3-5-2... 

That's got fck all to do with it. You could play "2-4-6-8 it's never too late" and it wouldn't matter as long as you've got a clueless, jobs-for-the-boys dinosaur in charge that nobody else would touch with a fkin bargepole.

We DON'T have bad players.  We don't have great ones either.  There's no Law, Bremner or Dalglish.  FFS there's no even a McAllister, Lambert or Collins, but what we do have is a group of solid professionals who could and should be organised to look like they didn't just meet each other on the plane across.  Ones who shouldn't be getting outplayed and out-classed by teams dozens of places below them in the rankings.

Israel have an Austrian manager who I'm pretty sure isn't fluent in Hebrew. Kazakhstan have one from the Czech Republic who I'm sure doesn't speak whatever the fck they speak over there.  How then can we not get someone, ANYONE, in a world of billions of folk to organise us into a solid, cohesive unit like they can???

Withdrawals, retirements, "I need a rest," "I cannae play in case I skin ma fkin knee on the plastic..."  That's what we've fkin ended up with. :mad: 

Yes, fine, you make some valid point, however, with the players that we have at our disposal, if we play a formation with four at the back then we're signing up for suicide. We simply do not have the players to play with a back four. None of the defenders who played tonight play in a top league, none of our central defenders go up against top strikers on a weekly basis. Our defence is exposed time after time after time and that's because when we play at international level the central defenders always have a habit of splitting and thus leave a gap in the middle. It happened today and it'll happen again in the future. It's very simple, if you put an extra central defender in there then there will be no gap. I may be simplifying things  wee bit, but still, the opposition would find it more difficult to cut through us, simply because of the numerical figure.

How many managers have we have since Brown? 6? (McLeish twice) they've all played with a four, and every other year we've failed to qualify. 

One of my biggest problems is that no one, not one single person here has said "You're right, Chripper, we should give 3-5-2 a fair crack of the whip". Fine, one person said that I might be right... so that's a start. Everyone here says that our players are better with four at the back, but where is the evidence? One person show me evidence that our players can play with four at the back. Yeah, well, I'll give you today's result as a rebuttal.

People are missing the point, if we had a better manager we'd still have the same players, therefore, they might get a few better results, but ultimately they'd fail, too. Our players can't play at international level with four at the back, we couldn't in the days of Lambert and Collins and we still can't.

If the formation the reason why we're so bad? Don't be ridiculous. But this is what we have so we have to work with it, and I believe that, first and foremost, we must make ourselves hard to beat, and with that we have to give 3-5-2 a couple of years, minimum.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Yes, fine, you make some valid point, however, with the players that we have at our disposal, if we play a formation with four at the back then we're signing up for suicide. We simply do not have the players to play with a back four. None of the defenders who played tonight play in a top league, none of our central defenders go up against top strikers on a weekly basis. Our defence is exposed time after time after time and that's because when we play at international level the central defenders always have a habit of splitting and thus leave a gap in the middle. It happened today and it'll happen again in the future. It's very simple, if you put an extra central defender in there then there will be no gap. I may be simplifying things  wee bit, but still, the opposition would find it more difficult to cut through us, simply because of the numerical figure.

How many managers have we have since Brown? 6? (McLeish twice) they've all played with a four, and every other year we've failed to qualify. 

One of my biggest problems is that no one, not one single person here has said "You're right, Chripper, we should give 3-5-2 a fair crack of the whip". Fine, one person said that I might be right... so that's a start. Everyone here says that our players are better with four at the back, but where is the evidence? One person show me evidence that our players can play with four at the back. Yeah, well, I'll give you today's result as a rebuttal.

People are missing the point, if we had a better manager we'd still have the same players, therefore, they might get a few better results, but ultimately they'd fail, too. Our players can't play at international level with four at the back, we couldn't in the days of Lambert and Collins and we still can't.

If the formation the reason why we're so bad? Don't be ridiculous. But this is what we have so we have to work with it, and I believe that, first and foremost, we must make ourselves hard to beat, and with that we have to give 3-5-2 a couple of years, minimum.

Did you see us playing 3 at the back against Israel? If they could've finished then that would've been a cricket score.  What was the common denominator between that game and this one?  Let's see...