Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019] - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019]

Clyde1998

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've never really understood why McFadden is there, anytime I hear him speak on sportsound he sounds like he has no idea whats going.

He gets cut a lot of slack because of of his cult/hero worship from his playing days, and rightly so. However, people forget he was also a temperamental wee Ned at times. 

2 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Ach aye as long as you can run like fuck it doesn't matter if you can pass or dribble.

No pass marks for anyone, utter shite. I'd say change 7 or 8 for Sunday.

That's basically what they teach them at our "world renowned" coaching school at Largs.

It was always clear that McLeish was well passed his sell by date, be it age, bevvy, whatever his physical and mental state means he is no way capable or competent in such a role at the head of our national game. That has been underlined in a major way again tonight. Even though we managed to win our extremely mediocre Nations League section there were plenty warning signs within those games as well as some truly insipid friendly performances. 

There is no way on this earth the SFA should be allowed to point to the play off opportunity against Finland/Norway/Serbia or whoever it ends up being against as some reason to keep him. Those fixtures are not for another calendar year and we should bring someone in (Steve Clarke for me) immediately to give them these European Championship qualifiers in building towards that. Its now already unlikely we will be a top 2 in this section so give someone with fresh ideas and the energy etc that time to prepare us for the best opportunity to succeed when those do come around.

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

Based on the ELO ratings, this is our worst defeat since a 2-0 home defeat to Wales in 1906.

Didn't know Jeff Lynne did football ratings but he nevertheless probably knows more than those involved in this shite !

14 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

What I mean is that a large amount of players in the Scottish Premiership aren't eligible for Scotland. I don't think the standard of Scottish players has changed much in the past fifteen years. Regardless, the team that was out there should be winning a game like this.

You're right - and therein lies the problem.  Someone else said on another thread that Gary Caldwell and Stephen McManus started playing together for Scotland as young centre-halves and after 80 odd caps between they were still as shite as when they began.  David Bates and Scott McKenna are this decade's Caldwell and McManus.

Stephen O'Donnell should have started at right-back instead of Liam Palmer - at least he has some senior international experience.  The fact that he's probably the better option of the two is depressing enough, because neither of them should be anywhere near an international squad, ditto Graeme Shinnie.  Trying to build from the back when your back four is not only untried but by far the weakest area of your team was a baffling decision by McLeish.

Oliver Burke is a fine athlete but there's no getting away from it, his technique as a footballer is poor.  And to get a goal back the manager brings on ... a player who couldn't get a game for a relegation-threatened team from the English second tier. 

3 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

Didn't know Jeff Lynne did football ratings but he nevertheless probably knows more than those involved in this shite !

Some blue sky thinking might be just what our team needs.

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

Look, the facts are smacking you in the face. 1 to 11 we have better players than Kazakhstan. We have better players than them, and yet they're beating us. They aren't just beating us, they're absolutely mauling us. They're all over us, and this is because they are more compact than us and they're smothering us whenever we get the ball in midfield.

If we had the same compact structure and we were as organized then we would be winning this quite comfortably.

But no... still with the party-line of "Our players play with a back four for their clubs so they're used to it".

4-4-2... 3-5-2... 

That's got fck all to do with it. You could play "2-4-6-8 it's never too late" and it wouldn't matter as long as you've got a clueless, jobs-for-the-boys dinosaur in charge that nobody else would touch with a fkin bargepole.

We DON'T have bad players.  We don't have great ones either.  There's no Law, Bremner or Dalglish.  FFS there's no even a McAllister, Lambert or Collins, but what we do have is a group of solid professionals who could and should be organised to look like they didn't just meet each other on the plane across.  Ones who shouldn't be getting outplayed and out-classed by teams dozens of places below them in the rankings.

Israel have an Austrian manager who I'm pretty sure isn't fluent in Hebrew. Kazakhstan have one from the Czech Republic who I'm sure doesn't speak whatever the fck they speak over there.  How then can we not get someone, ANYONE, in a world of billions of folk to organise us into a solid, cohesive unit like they can???

Withdrawals, retirements, "I need a rest," "I cannae play in case I skin ma fkin knee on the plastic..."  That's what we've fkin ended up with. :mad: 

1 minute ago, daviebee said:

4-4-2... 3-5-2... 

That's got fck all to do with it. You could play "2-4-6-8 it's never too late" and it wouldn't matter as long as you've got a clueless, jobs-for-the-boys dinosaur in charge that nobody else would touch with a fkin bargepole.

We DON'T have bad players.  We don't have great ones either.  There's no Law, Bremner or Dalglish.  FFS there's no even a McAllister, Lambert or Collins, but what we do have is a group of solid professionals who could and should be organised to look like they didn't just meet each other on the plane across.  Ones who shouldn't be getting outplayed and out-classed by teams dozens of places below them in the rankings.

Israel have an Austrian manager who I'm pretty sure isn't fluent in Hebrew. Kazakhstan have one from the Czech Republic who I'm sure doesn't speak whatever the fck they speak over there.  How then can we not get someone, ANYONE, in a world of billions of folk to organise us into a solid, cohesive unit like they can???

Withdrawals, retirements, "I need a rest," "I cannae play in case I skin ma fkin knee on the plastic..."  That's what we've fkin ended up with. :mad: 

McLeish speaks Tennents. 

We simply and obviously need Steve Clarke taking over asap.

He could keep going at Killie at the same time too. 

He is one manager who knows how to properly organise average players.

Very experienced now at coaching. Will know football north and south of the border in all necessary detail.

2 minutes ago, Bobster said:

The three managers cited there have managed teams with massive transfer budgets or national teams with world class players at their disposal.

The whole Largs thing should be shut down. It's a shitshow teaching physical, defensive football.

It's not something that our pundits and media keep telling us that we should be proud of.

3 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

McLeish speaks Tennents. 

Oh so that is what he drinks?  Any evidence of that?  Or are you talking pish?  Be good to know as I am sure the SFA would investigate your claims.  I hope they are well informed.  Otherwise you may have a claim coming in kid.

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The three managers cited there have managed teams with massive transfer budgets or national teams with world class players at their disposal.

The whole Largs thing should be shut down. It's a shitshow teaching physical, defensive football.

It's not something that our pundits and media keep telling us that we should be proud of.

Near the end of the article...

But the courses that coached the coaches have migrated to Oriam, a new national performance centre on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

The place you’re talking about no longer exists.

Just now, Bobster said:

Near the end of the article...

But the courses that coached the coaches have migrated to Oriam, a new national performance centre on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

The place you’re talking about no longer exists.

Ok fine.

They are still wasting money teaching caveman football though.

That was the point you really wanted to make ?

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ok fine.

They are still wasting money teaching caveman football though.

That was the point you really wanted to make ?

You were saying Largs should be shut down.

The point I was making is that it has shut down.