Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019] - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019]

Clyde1998

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

to be fair i'm in mcfadden's corner if he's having a go.  quite right.  

we all would be.  it's hardly fighting.

I've never really understood why McFadden is there, anytime I hear him speak on sportsound he sounds like he has no idea whats going.

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So the evidence of him being a 'jakeball'. Prove it. Lying cunt. And if u can i will apologise. But u u prove that on here?

Fucking hell it's Kevin Costner in "The Bodyguard"

"And I will always luuuuurve yeeeeeeewwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't and never really wanted him as manager but at least try to be constructive when criticising him. leave the jakey comments to the assholes

Just saying it as I see it. Those who stood up for him most curiously all supported the same club. Fans and the SFA board.

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

to be fair i'm in mcfadden's corner if he's having a go.  quite right.  

we all would be.  it's hardly fighting.

McGregor was one of our better players tonight, I thought.  Not that that's saying much.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I've never really understood why McFadden is there, anytime I hear him speak on sportsound he sounds like he has no idea whats going.

He was in massive financial difficulties early last year. Due to face bankruptcy hearings.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland-legend-james-mcfadden-in-battle-to-avoid-bankruptcy-1-4743784

The SFA fixed him up with a job so he didn't lose his hoose and all that.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's always someone else's fault isn't it?

What I mean is that a large amount of players in the Scottish Premiership aren't eligible for Scotland. I don't think the standard of Scottish players has changed much in the past fifteen years. Regardless, the team that was out there should be winning a game like this.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Fucking hell it's Kevin Costner in "The Bodyguard"

"And I will always luuuuurve yeeeeeeewwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just saying it as I see it. Those who stood up for him most curiously all supported the same club. Fans and the SFA board.

not sure I agree with that, I never went as far as standing up for him but I backed him after the NL because he did what was asked. He won the group but today is evidence enough he does not have the leadership skills to take us further. In fact that was evident the minute Steven Fletcher played two games in a row for Sheff Wed despite being injured or when Bournemouth asked McLiesh to rest Ryan Fraser. He bent over and took it.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

not sure I agree with that, I never went as far as standing up for him but I backed him after the NL because he did what was asked. He won the group but today is evidence enough he does not have the leadership skills to take us further. In fact that was evident the minute Steven Fletcher played two games in a row for Sheff Wed despite being injured or when Bournemouth asked McLiesh to rest Ryan Fraser. He bent over and took it.

He doesn't have any passion or interest in football anymore, just a bloke picking up his paycheck every month.

There's quite a few people who know the reason for that but if I went I went any further, rolling hills will be round at my door with a kebab knife.

Didn't see it but bavk to that night in Israel all over again and this is easily worse by the sounds of it. No fkin words, sounds like the manner of the defeat was horrendous. Mcleish just leave already and those players are an embarrassment. I mean what the fk is going on, seriously?!

16 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Wish McGregor had that kind of fight on the pitch.

I’m not singling him out as they are all professional footballers, but where was the desire, where was going bezerk? Where was dragging your team mates out of the gutter and making the team fight.

My kids under 10s have more heart.

I do t mind losing to a better team but, to do so without a a wimpier is a disgrace.

So angry right now!

J

32 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

there's no reason why any international team like Ireland/us is any different though?

Other than the halfwitted SFA who would hamstring any work you wanted to do? 

The shite wages in comparison to Ireland? 

The utter lack of importance now placed on international football by the players? 

3 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Wish McGregor had that kind of fight on the pitch.

I’m not singling him out as they are all professional footballers, but where was the desire, where was going bezerk? Where was dragging your team mates out of the gutter and making the team fight.

My kids under 10s have more heart.

I do t mind losing to a better team but, to do so without a a wimpier is a disgrace.

So angry right now!

J

This. The players lack heart when thi gs aren't going well. 

You can cover up technical deficiencies, partially, by work rate and commitment. 

None of that evident today. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

goodbye mcliesh, he made the fuck up when he started by giving players a break. Clubs will rip into him and expect him to bend over. 

The end result is what we are witnessing right now

And yer great shinnie? Whi would you have played ya nutter? Not that u ever fo to football except rugby or tennis.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

And yer great shinnie? Whi would you have played ya nutter? Not that u ever fo to football except rugby or tennis.

Shinnie was shite but look at the incompetent fool who picked him.

And go on, why is McLeish still the right man for the job ?

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He doesn't have any passion or interest in football anymore, just a bloke picking up his paycheck every month.

There's quite a few people who know the reason for that but if I went I went any further, rolling hills will be round at my door with a kebab knife.

fair enough, I wouldn't listen to rumours. He's not up for the job, I am happy to leave it there.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

you know fuck all about me and you're also a fucking idiot

if the friendlies weren't the warning sign, Israel away was. McLeish just stood there as Israel ran amok - he is clearly physically and mentally incapable (age, booze, whatever......). Georgia and to a certain extent Israel papered over the cracks but it is clear to everyone he is not up to the task. there is no coming back from this for him - or at least there shouldn't be. But he will no doubt cling on and that is a sign of a desperado who knows this is his last hurrah. And the SFA will duly oblige him, pointing to the play-off with Finland as some kind of justification. 

get him punted. and give the rest of the qualifier to anyone semi-competent rom the Scottish Championship or Premiership. I would take Clarke or Tommy Wright in a heart beat.