Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019] - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019]

Clyde1998

I've seen so many bad performances from Scotland, we all have. This however has to rank in the lowest if you look at desire alone. They just did not look interested. There are another bunch off the pitch who were not interested in even being there. How do we spark the interest and the desire to play and win for Scotland in these footballers? They actually have the ability. They show it for their club teams every week. Sad sad sad sad sad.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

McFadden was given a job by the SFA to save him from going bankrupt.

They have rich individuals who stumped up the money for Trappatoni's wages and they are also willing to hire a foreign coach.

For reason we always have to appoint a Scot because of "oor great traditions". The same utterly stupid people who think Argentina and Brazil worship Scotland for developing football there.

Whether they're scottish or chinese doesn't matter to me anymore.  just stump up the money and get a manager in.  even if its Stevie Clarke, Slavan Bilic or whoever; pay him what he wants and get him in.  

they've got a whole campaign now to experiment and a real chance of qualification.  Best time for a new manager wanting to come in.

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I've seen so many bad performances from Scotland, we all have. This however has to rank in the lowest if you look at desire alone. They just did not look interested. There are another bunch off the pitch who were not interested in even being there. How do we spark the interest and the desire to play and win for Scotland in these footballers? They actually have the ability. They show it for their club teams every week. Sad sad sad sad sad.

By installing a new manager and coaches who command respect and know what their doing.

A manager who is physically capable of running a training session without getting "tired", an assistant that isn't a wimpy dimwit and a coach who is not a washed up old hero.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

This has been in the offing for decades.

The SFA have ignored our grassroots, Rangers and Celtic have had the resources to build academies and performance schools all over Scotland, but they'd much rather spend their fortune on x amount of foreigners.

So what's going to turn around our fortunes? 4 SFA performance schools? Yeah, right.

Scottish football should be gutted, root and branch, and rebooted.

Just now, Chripper said:

This has been in the offing for decades.

The SFA have ignored our grassroots, Rangers and Celtic have had the resources to build academies and performance schools all over Scotland, but they'd much rather spend their fortune on x amount of foreigners.

So what's going to turn around our fortunes? 4 SFA performance schools? Yeah, right.

Scottish football should be gutted, root and branch, and rebooted.

i genuinely think Scottish league football hasn't been as good as it is now in ages.  It's the national team that's letting us down.  

Decent enough players there.  There's no excuse.

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

i genuinely think Scottish league football hasn't been as good as it is now in ages.  It's the national team that's letting us down.  

Decent enough players there.  There's no excuse.

I don't think that's because of Scottish players, but rather foreign players playing in the Scottish league.

Just now, macy37 said:

Best bit about this is before today how many of you cunts thoughts Alex was still the man to lead us forward.

Hes a jakeball who should never have got the gig in the first place. This result isn’t a surprise.

That was mainly because he managed their favourite club between 2001 and 2006.

I am predicting some other players to pull out going forward, that is how they will handle not wanting to play for McLeish.  If it weren't for the play offs I would be seething, but those will be in jeaporady if we don't make a change.  Scotland with 9 qualifiers and a play off are a better proposition to someone than a play off and a few weeks to get to know ones players.  I am pretty certain we would be better off with Strachan than we are right now.   

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That was mainly because he managed their favourite club between 2001 and 2006.

I don't and never really wanted him as manager but at least try to be constructive when criticising him. leave the jakey comments to the assholes