Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019] - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kazakhstan vs Scotland - Match Thread [21/03/2019]

Clyde1998

37 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I think he's right - he is winning me over.

Hopefully you aren't the only one.

Kazakhstan have absolutely nailed 3-5-2 (at least in this match). Their backline has been compact and solid, their midfield have pretty much moved as a three man unit and they've suffocated us in midfield, their wingback have been tremendous supplementing the midfield and dropping back to help the backline and their strikers have been really good and mobile.

People say that 3-5-2 is a system that Scotland can't do well with, yeah, well, Kazakhstan can, and I bet that none of them play that system at club level.

That sums up Burke.  Manages to have space then just blooters it.  The play offs are our best hope so bin McLeish, get in someone younger and more adapt stick with the same players apart from one of two and get them ready for November.  

If Mcleish had any self respect he would resign. But he doesnt and he wont. Likewise, if the SFA had any level of competency he would be sacked. But they dont and he wont.

An appaling state of affairs. I said at the time of the McLeish appointment I would not be attending a Scotland match for the foreseeable, no danger I will be changing 

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

That sums up Burke.  Manages to have space then just blooters it.  The play offs are our best hope so bin McLeish, get in someone younger and more adapt stick with the same players apart from one of two and get them ready for November.  

Burke isnt a good enough footballer. Athlete, yes, but lacks the game intelligence...... the reason why he never made it in Germany and struggled to impact the Championship.

And to those who want Sounness (probably for club reasons), he'd have only picked the same team as McLeish and used the same tactics. They are similar managers. Sounness just shouts more and falls out with more people.

He has also repeatedly said he won't be returning to football management because he can't stand modern players.

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Get this drunken fool well away from our national team and his daft wee pal Grant too.

McFadden as well. OK, he was idolised by some of our fans but in what way did he ever give the impression he would be a shrewd coach or sounding board ? Great player for us but not exactly the model pro with a Darren Fletcher type attitude that would  rub off on players. An utterly ridiculous management team 

Just now, PapofGlencoe said:

why can corporate ireland buy a trappatoni and we can't?

go out and get a manager ffs.

i don't want a young manager.  Just a manager will do.

Who would want the job? Seriously? It's a poisoned chalice that no manager with career aspirations would want. 

Guest ElChris04

Worst Scotland Result I’ve ever seen in my life . And since I’m 19 I’ve seen some pretty fucking bad ones. 

no heart. No passion. No tactics. No organisation. 

I hold all responsibility on the that fucking fossil McLeish and the SFA. He has ruined us. 

The best news now is he is giving the rightful sacking tonight and hope with every prayer we get someone in like Steve Clarke. 

#McLeishOUT 

Just now, PapofGlencoe said:

Agreed, need to shell out the cash and show some ambition. Slavan Bilic or someone similar would do me. SFA need to get the fuck out the way and give the guy free reign.  

1 minute ago, Jim Beem said:

McFadden as well. OK, he was idolised by some of our fans but in what way did he ever give the impression he would be a shrewd coach or sounding board ? Great player for us but not exactly the model pro with a Darren Fletcher type attitude that would  rub off on players. An utterly ridiculous management team 

McFadden was given a job by the SFA to save him from going bankrupt.

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

They have rich individuals who stumped up the money for Trappatoni's wages and they are also willing to hire a foreign coach.

For reason we always have to appoint a Scot because of "oor great traditions". The same utterly stupid people who think Argentina and Brazil worship Scotland for developing football there.