Scotland u17s Elite Qualifying Round - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland u17s Elite Qualifying Round

SWMM82

I won't be there but I'll try to find a stream. Hopefully there's a decent crowd.

Some people keep talking about the encouragement they have as our kids are playing the proper way, yeah, well, I'll believe it when I see it. I know that it's Portugal, but if our kids really are being taught the right habits and being coached on how to love having the ball then they'll be evidence of that today.

Personally, I'm expecting what we've seen for the past few decades. which is players who are petrified of having the ball and players who leather the ball as hard as they can when under the last bit of duress. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Edited by Chripper

Under 17s

The under-17s won 1 (Kosovo) and drew 2 (Switzerland and Cyprus) in the qualifying round.  

Lewis Fiorini (Man City) scored in 2 of the games but isn't in the squad this time - I think he is injured.  Andrew Winter (Hamilton) will be key to getting goals now.

It is a tough group.  I think we will get 4/6 points from the 3 games with home advantage hopefully helping us finish in the top 2.

Under 19s

The under-19s won 2 (Wales and San Marino) and drew 1 (Sweden) in the qualifying round.  

This age group has some really quality with plenty of players experiencing first team football at a good level.  Gilmour is the star of the team but there are plenty of others in midfield and attack that I expect to see in the first team in the next couple of years.

I really hope I can find a link to this game as I think these could top this group.  

That should perk Chripper up a bit..... for a couple hours anyway!😜

Great result.....notice there’s some good strength in depth as well..... the likes of Cochrane, Dean Campbell and Aitchison on the bench👌🏼

Edited by SWMM82

1 minute ago, Burj_Alba said:

That is a cracking result, Turkey usually decent at youth level. Beat Cyprus and we should qualify. Who does Burroughs play for?

Yeah Turkey defeated England at the end of last year.

Burroughs plays for Coventry.....also qualifies to play for England though🙄