Is politics ruining TV and Films? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is politics ruining TV and Films?

It’s probably not happened overnight but the not subtle agenda in writing in some tv and films now is nauseating. 

Captain Marvel, Star Trek discovery, doctor who, new Star Wars. 

I didn’t mind captain marvel but aye it’s obviously not a feminist film which is fine but to the expense of character development. 

The rest were terrible. 

Whats funny is the difference in reception between paid critics and fans. 

If only it were limited to films & TV.  "Cultural Marxism" is real and it is observable IMO.  The treatment of 'Christian characters' especially in films is especially noticeable now. Usually always nasty / evil. 

Who is behind it and why - these are the more interesting questions.

Sportscene has become a right car crash with the amount of women pundits 

Maybe this is more suited to the unpopular opinions thread 

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

I cant vouch for the guy or the video but apparently this was a lecture to FSB (KGB) students a few years ago. Has some views on how the world really works. Subtitles are a bit tricky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQXfC3S9lM

https://thebridgelifeinthemix.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/english-translation.pdf

I think this is the guy purported to be in the video, has a lot of awards it seems, especially since he was just a Dr of economics and farming.

http://spbgau.ru/en/Izvestiya/Editors/About_Editor-in-Chair/node/4032

59 minutes ago, phart said:

I think this is the guy purported to be in the video, has a lot of awards it seems, especially since he was just a Dr of economics and farming.

http://spbgau.ru/en/Izvestiya/Editors/About_Editor-in-Chair/node/4032

Education:

1965, graduate school with gold medal

1971, physics faculty of Leningrad State University

1985, candidate of technical science on “VNIIM im. D.I.Mendeleeva” base.

1975, state courses of foreign languages (German and English)

1985, Leningrad highest party school

1994, Institute of advanced studies in St. Petersburg University of economics and finance, “Finance and credits”

2009, after doctorate graduate in St. Petersburg State University of engineering and economics defended doctoral thesis in St. Petersburg University of economics and finance

1971 – 1973, military service, officer.

Labor activity:

1986-1989 – Chief Secretary of Leninsky District Committee of the CPSU

1989-1990 - Secretary of the Leningrad Party Committee

More than 15 years his activity was related to the agricultural production and processing industry. Was a Chairman of the Board of different companies: Poultry farm “Zavodskaya”, “Pskov Bread-baking complex”, Petersburg grinding complex”, Chairman of the Board of «“Bank of food industry “Vita-Bank”», General Director of JSC «1st Petersburg Macaroni Factory".

2005 – our days – Rector of St. Petersburg State Agrarian University

Awards:

The Order "Badge of Honor"

Gold sign of labor differences

The medal "For merits inStandardization "(1985)

The Gold Medal of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation" For contribution to development of agro-industrial complex of Russia ",

Diploma of Prime Minister of the Russian Federation (2008),

Medal of the Order "For Service to the Motherland» II degree (2014).

hmmm I was not sure if that lecture had been to someone else by someone else and mistitled but that CV actually is very spookish.  Might actually be genuine. If so I am interested by how esoteric he is at points.

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

hmmm I was not sure if that lecture had been to someone else by someone else and mistitled but that CV actually is very spookish.  Might actually be genuine. If so I am interested by how esoteric he is at points.

The translation says he said he went to the same uni as that guy and had possibly same jobs. Not went through it yet, want to watch it first.

27 minutes ago, phart said:

The translation says he said he went to the same uni as that guy and had possibly same jobs. Not went through it yet, want to watch it first.

It is a tough watch. Horrible subtitles, badly translated.