Who Should Captain the Team Against kazakhstan? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who Should Captain the Team Against kazakhstan?

Guest ElChris04

Guest ElChris04

With Robbo Confirmed to miss out on our opening group game I thought now would be a good time to bring up who should get the captains armband to lead us out against Kazakhstan?

Guest ElChris04

I'd start off by saying For me it's a standout.. Kieran Tierney. Natural born leader for both club and country also Captaind us in the past against the Dutch and many times for celtic. For me it's KT easily 

Tierney 1st and foremost. If there is such a thing as vice captain these days he should be it. Be very surprised if its not him.

Wouldn't be opposed to it being McKenna either however.  Can't see any others remotely in the running based on the lack of experience in the potential line up.

Just now, Mazziessc said:

Surely behind Tierney, Armstrong and Mckenna. Mulgrew too should he play. 

Defs behind Tierney, and maybe behind McKenna. Am I missing something with Armstrong though? I think he's a great player on his day, and has played reasonably well in a Scotland shirt, but until he's getting a regular start for his (relatively poor) club, he probably shouldn't be starting for us, never mind captaining.

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

With Robbo Confirmed to miss out on our opening group game I thought now would be a good time to bring up who should get the captains armband to lead us out against Kazakhstan?

Has Robertson definitely missing?

The squad is so relatively inexperienced that I'm finding it hard to think of anyone...

Tierney, probably.. other than that, no idea.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

Has Robertson definitely missing?

The squad is so relatively inexperienced that I'm finding it hard to think of anyone...

Tierney, probably.. other than that, no idea.

Yes. It's confirmed on BBC now.