Special Olympics Abu Dhabi 2019 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Special Olympics Abu Dhabi 2019

RenfrewBlue

Just wanted to boast (at least I'm honest) that my young Nephew Harry, won Silver at the Judo earlier today. 

He's only 20 and has been working hard for this for years.

Im so proud of him that I'm basically unable to talk about anything else today, sorry. 

And damn but I've got yet another something in my eye. 

ESPN are covering it if you are interested or just want some pure joy in your day. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Just wanted to boast (at least I'm honest) that my young Nephew Harry, won Silver at the Judo earlier today. 

Im so proud of him that I'm basically unable to talk about anything else today, sorry. 

ESPN are covering it if you are interested or just want some pure joy in your day. 

Well done to him, I’d be the same if it were my nephew.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Good stuff!

A former colleague of mines son took part in something like this before, as a swimmer, and he was really buzzing, so I can just imagine the pride of relatives of folk who medal too.

My nephew also does the swimming but wasn't good enough for the team at it. 

He enjoys the Judo far more anyway. 

You should have a look at the videos on YouTube. The joy and pride on the athletes faces is incredible and they are the true Olympians now, not the professionals that compete in the commercial Olympics. 

My nephew is the big judo player in this rallying cry video that was made for the games. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Congrats to Harry. Glad his hard work payed off.