First Home Game - cyprus - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First Home Game - cyprus

jamboman

“IF” we get 6 points this week, and the Cyprus match then gives us the chance to go to 9 before going to Belgium, on a nice Saturday in early summer, many fans will see it as a bit of an end of football season day out on the booze then off to the match. Given the right circumstances we could get 40,000.

Just received an email from the SSC.  It states that even though home tickets are now available on general sale, SSC members that have yet to buy tickets can still get them at a discount!  While I applaud that, they kept it quiet in the run up to the deadline before the general sale!!  I can't help but wonder if that option would have been there had we not made a howling c*** of our opening games! 

On 4/3/2019 at 11:11 AM, kwhitelaw said:

Just received an email from the SSC.  It states that even though home tickets are now available on general sale, SSC members that have yet to buy tickets can still get them at a discount!  While I applaud that, they kept it quiet in the run up to the deadline before the general sale!!  I can't help but wonder if that option would have been there had we not made a howling c*** of our opening games! 

They wont be able to give them away if Eck still in charge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/3/2019 at 8:21 AM, Terry Munro said:

No way to guarantee every SSC member a ticket if they do that.

We were only ever guaranteed tickets for games played at Hampden anyway. But now that guarantee has been removed, so we’re guaranteed nothing any more.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, Alan said:

Even though I've bought a season ticket I'm happy for them to lower prices or offer deals via itison to get a crowd in.

Agree completely. Make it a tenner and get a decent crowd. That’s more important than making a few quid. Im not bothered that I paid for season ticket already, just do whatever it takes to get bums on seats on Saturday.

2 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Agree completely. Make it a tenner and get a decent crowd. That’s more important than making a few quid. Im not bothered that I paid for season ticket already, just do whatever it takes to get bums on seats on Saturday.

I’m sure some people would complain though. 

I think we just need to accept that we’re not going to get a huge crowd on Saturday. 

Lowering the price might get a few hundred more people going to the match but I don’t think there are 10,000 plus people who are not currently planning on going who would go if the tickets were a tenner. 

The only way we are going to get big crowds regularly again is if the team start performing on the pitch. 

Just had a thought that Goal Difference has to be on our mind for this game, given the shambolic -1 difference out of those 1st two games. For all eventualities to be covered we need to think about being ruthless even if we find ourselves a couple of goals up.

Not that I'm taking this game for granted at all. This is hardly a gimme. I'd bite your hand off for a 1-0 or 2-1 but we need to think further ahead even if we're in a  position of strength in this one game.