Sign in to follow this  

New league starts in May ; only 7 teams initally ; and seemingly 3rd attempt to get a pro team off the ground here

http://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/

will be well below mls 1 / 2 level ; likely below highland league , but novelty of having some games to watch in the flesh after 13 odd years here is appealing

new 6k stadium just down the road from my end of town too ; showjumping grounds ( is brian irvine still in the game )

sounds like a Cdn FA cup type affair also

( and beer in the stands )

season ticket booked

On 3/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

will be well below mls 1 / 2 level ; likely below highland league , but novelty of having some games to watch in the flesh after 13 odd years here is appealing

I think it'll be above Highland League level - probably around mid-to-low Scottish Championship quality based on some of the players that are in the squads of teams.

23 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I think it'll be above Highland League level - probably around mid-to-low Scottish Championship quality based on some of the players that are in the squads of teams.

Just using Football Manager to see how good the players signing for these teams are:

The Canadian MLS sides have players that are, on average, about as good as players such as Lee Wallace, Jordan Archer, Jason Cummings and Jason Holt - with the best players being comparable to Scotland's best players. The average CPL players are about as good as the best players in Scottish League One, with the best CPL players being just below the ability of the average players for Canadian-based MLS sides.

Will hopefully improve as the years go by, especially as the league appears to be promoting youth development.

Sounds pretty good, when I lived in Wellington you’d need to pay me to watch Wellington FC in the Australian premier league but the national league was great, like watching the amateurs back home, cheap tickets, good banter and exciting games 

On 3/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

New league starts in May ; only 7 teams initally ; and seemingly 3rd attempt to get a pro team off the ground here

http://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/

new 6k stadium just down the road from my end of town too ; showjumping grounds ( is brian irvine still in the game )

sounds like a Cdn FA cup type affair also

( and beer in the stands )

season ticket booked

Lad and family moving to Calgary from Toronto soon will pass on details.