Christchurch NZ shootings - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Christchurch NZ shootings

I can see an argument for both sides in this . Showing the video is exactly what the guy wants and I cant see the point in helping him achieve notoriety, plus the deceased have families out there and IMO its pretty disrespectful to them to be plastering this around the world.  

However , I do agree with thplinth that sometimes people need to be aware of the magnitude of actions like these. At the point in this  thread when he posted the video ( I never saw it but did see the post) the thread was likely to turn into another of these ‘OMG what a shame my thoughts are with the family’ blah blah blah which is very  respectful but achieves very little.  

Most sane people will rightfully be appalled at this crime and video but I would honestly say the comments from the Australian senator are, in different way, almost as dangerous and vile. Few people will attempt to copycat Brenton Tarrant , there are a lot more who will somehow try to use the senators words perhaps not to excuse Tarrant , but to inflame racial tension and therefore increase the chances of a similar incident.  

I think the mods had little option but to remove the video given the fact the world and its granny were trying to remove it from social media.  

22 hours ago, Och Aye said:

It's about time we rounded up these white Christians and sent them back to Jerusalem or Bethlehem or wherever their crackpot religion started.

If they're white Christians SEND EM BACK!

I know that’s probably a joke but don’t their play the game of divide and conquer :ok:

Apparently the attack at the second mosque was halted by someone else with a gun, not sure how true this is. 

Also reports online that the shooter was in Pakistan 6 months ago and posted on Facebook how’s much he loved the country and the people. 

His “manifesto” is all over the place.

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I know that’s probably a joke but don’t their play the game of divide and conquer :ok:

Apparently the attack at the second mosque was halted by someone else with a gun, not sure how true this is. 

Also reports online that the shooter was in Pakistan 6 months ago and posted on Facebook how’s much he loved the country and the people. 

His “manifesto” is all over the place.

Not a joke. Just highlighting the absurd reaction we often see on social media after previous atacks.

Just a truely awful crime, it really is, its really shocked me the reaction on social media, with paris, Manchester ect everyone was changing their profile pictures in support, i have seen none this far for NZ, i can only assume due to the religion of those murdered,  It has hit home how “well” the right wing have slowly changed general attitudes, they have been subtle and smart. pretty depressing actually  

14 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Just a truely awful crime, it really is, its really shocked me the reaction on social media, with paris, Manchester ect everyone was changing their profile pictures in support, i have seen none this far for NZ, i can only assume due to the religion of those murdered,  It has hit home how “well” the right wing have slowly changed general attitudes, they have been subtle and smart. pretty depressing actually  

I don’t think that’s true. I’ve lived in NZ and now live in Australia and the social media virtue signaling is there from people on this side of the world and to a lesser extent the UK. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think that’s true. I’ve lived in NZ and now live in Australia and the social media virtue signaling is there from people on this side of the world and to a lesser extent the UK.

I think it’s a shame that people are using this event to tarnish anyone who criticises Islam as a religion as a right wing bigot. 

I forget how many terrorist attacks we have had on white people by 'non whites' in the last few years (umpteen) but this happens and it is immediately white supremacism... no other explanation possible. Why were none of the other attacks characterized as middle eastern or Islamic supremacist or whatever...

Maybe loony boy perceived 'we' were under attack. His manifesto is a mess, claims to be a communist etc...

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I forget how many terrorist attacks we have had on white people by 'non whites' in the last few years (umpteen) but this happens and it is immediately white supremacism... no other explanation possible. Why were none of the other attacks characterized as middle eastern or Islamic supremacist or whatever...

Maybe loony boy perceived 'we' were under attack. His manifesto is a mess, claims to be a communist etc...

Aye it’s all over the place, says he’s most influenced by Candice Owens and mentions pewdiepie. Weird influences for a white supremacist. 

The whole thing stinks to be honest. I just don’t buy this offical one man / crew right wing nut jobs anymore. Too many unanswered questions that will be forgotten about in a week. 

Naturally the NZ government have wasted no time in promising to crack down on gun control, be used as well for more online censorship etc. 

21 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye it’s all over the place, says he’s most influenced by Candice Owens and mentions pewdiepie. Weird influences for a white supremacist. 

The whole thing stinks to be honest. I just don’t buy this offical one man / crew right wing nut jobs anymore. Too many unanswered questions that will be forgotten about in a week. 

Naturally the NZ government have wasted no time in promising to crack down on gun control, be used as well for more online censorship etc. 

"travelled the world on an inheritance for 8 years" before the attacks I read somewhere... extensively in Pakistan about whose people he posted glowing reviews... 

I am not reading his shite but I suspect the mentalist did not have a problem with someone being 'not white'... I think he had a problem with what he perceived was happening to white people in their home countries. The clue I think is in the title of his manifesto... "The Great Replacement."  :rolleyes:

On 3/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

It was stopped by a guy who threw a credit card machine at the shooter, who then dropped his gun and ran back to his car.

The guy picked up the shotgun he dropped and chased after him but threw it at him "like an arrow" (his words). It shattered the window of the car the shooter was in at which point he drove off and got stopped shortly after.

1 hour ago, Lion Rampant said:

It was stopped by a guy who threw a credit card machine at the shooter, who then dropped his gun and ran back to his car.

The guy picked up the shotgun he dropped and chased after him but threw it at him "like an arrow" (his words). It shattered the window of the car the shooter was in at which point he drove off and got stopped shortly after.

That's a bold dude. I'd probably still be running.

He had already shot the front and side window out from inside the car .......

Edited by Ally Bongo

20 hours ago, thplinth said:

"travelled the world on an inheritance for 8 years" before the attacks I read somewhere... extensively in Pakistan about whose people he posted glowing reviews... 

I am not reading his shite but I suspect the mentalist did not have a problem with someone being 'not white'... I think he had a problem with what he perceived was happening to white people in their home countries. The clue I think is in the title of his manifesto... "The Great Replacement."  :rolleyes:

It reads like someone who’s pretending to be right wing. Who knows really though but the 8 years and numerous visits to the Middle East is very suspect. 

Apparently a 5th suspect got out the country and is in Israel. Take that with a pinch of salt though haha. Media fuel this speculation by doing absolutely zero investigation into these crimes. 

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It reads like someone who’s pretending to be right wing. Who knows really though but the 8 years and numerous visits to the Middle East is very suspect. 

Apparently a 5th suspect got out the country and is in Israel. Take that with a pinch of salt though haha. Media fuel this speculation by doing absolutely zero investigation into these crimes. 

Can we get a link to that? I can find some shit.

https://webrecorder.io/xolotl-tlaloc/christchurch-nz-false-flag/20190317092423/https://intellectualobserver.com/the-fifth-suspect-of-christchurch-shootings-has-defected-to-israel/

7 minutes ago, phart said:

That was the link I found haha.

Never came across that site before. 

There’s some reddit threads if you google Christchurch false flag but mostly speculation from what I can see. 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

That was the link I found haha.

Never came across that site before. 

There’s some reddit threads if you google Christchurch false flag but mostly speculation from what I can see. 

There isn't another source at all that i can find. In fact wasn't there only 1 attacker not 5.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

There isn't another source at all that i can find. In fact wasn't there only 1 attacker not 5.

I thought it was 4 originally, the Australian guy who is in custody and 3 others who helped but not sure what’s happened to the other 3, the media mentioned someone was questioned but later released. Hard to imagine one person alone could have did both attacks.

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Another shooting in Holland today I’m reading

Why don’t they just round all these fuckers up from both sides, put them in the middle of nowhere, supply them each with a gun and let them all get on with it

Problem is both sides might be controlled by the same people. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Problem is both sides might be controlled by the same people. 

🤨🤨🤨

Politicians who seem to think their job is to divide and split society for their own personal gain?

Edited by DoonTheSlope

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hard to imagine one person alone could have did both attacks.

This is what happens when the live shooting video is censored FFS