UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier Tracker - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier Tracker

romanticscot

11 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Does it go to goal difference or head to head if we end up level on points with Russia?

Think I read that it was goal difference, which doesn't bode well for us 

Head to head first. No need to worry about them putting 9 past San Marino. It's unlikely to go down to GD.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Head to head first. No need to worry about them putting 9 past San Marino. It's unlikely to go down to GD.

Thanks.

If we can beat them at Hampden and take something over there we'll have a chance then. My only concern would be Belgium resting players for their other game against them as it's the second last game of the group and they'll have well qualified by then.

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

My only concern would be Belgium resting players for their other game against them as it's the second last game of the group and they'll have well qualified by then.

I think Belgium tend to play a full strength team even after they've qualified. They won against Bosnia Herzegovina at the end of the last quali in horrible weather, including taking chances on slightly injured players. Bosnia were desperate for a win to get into the playoffs IIRC.

If it finished now, I think it would look like this...

Qualified -

1.  England
  2.  Belgium
  3.  France
  4.  Spain
  5.  Italy
  6.  Poland
  7.  Germany
  8.  Ukraine
  9.  Denmark
  10.  Sweden
  11.  Russia
  12.  Czech Republic
  13.  Slovakia
  14.  Turkey
  15.  Republic of Ireland
  16.  Northern Ireland
  17.  Finland
  18.  Israel
  19.  Hungary
  20.  Luxembourg

Play-offs -

1. Portugal v Croatia; Netherlands v Switzerland.
  2. Bosnia v Romania; Austria v Wales.
  3. Scotland v Bulgaria; Norway v Serbia.
  4. Georgia v Belarus; Macedonia v Kosovo.

Out -

•  Iceland
  •  Greece
  •  Albania
  •  Montenegro
  •  Cyprus
  •  Estonia
  •  Slovenia
  •  Lithuania
  •  Armenia
  •  Azerbaijan
  •  Kazakhstan
  •  Moldova
  •  Gibraltar
  •  Faroe Islands
  •  Latvia
  •  Liechtenstein
  •  Andorra
  •  Malta
  •  San Marino

If I've got it right, Iceland would be out as there are 5 League A teams outside the top 2 in their groups, and teams can't drop down to lower league play-offs.  So Romania would get a play-off spot in the league above.

A long way to go but interesting seeing it pan out for the first time. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

In terms of the play off final, should we beat Finland/Bulgaria/ whoever,  we would play Serbia in Belgrade I believe.

How is the home team determined for this, UEFA ranking? And if so would be potentially playing the final at Hampden if Serbia lost the semi?

Really think it should be a one off final in a neutral venue

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

In terms of the play off final, should we beat Finland/Bulgaria/ whoever,  we would play Serbia in Belgrade I believe.

How is the home team determined for this, UEFA ranking? And if so would be potentially playing the final at Hampden if Serbia lost the semi?

i thought the final it was at Hampden as we were the higher ranked team , however i was told at the weekend that it is decided by a toss of a coin....  

Now i am unsure

1 minute ago, Terry Munro said:

The venue for the final will be decided with a draw. I think they have set a date in December for the draw which will be after they know who all the semifinalists are. 

Just now, stocky said:

i thought the final it was at Hampden as we were the higher ranked team , however i was told at the weekend that it is decided by a toss of a coin....  

Now i am unsure

Will be rubbish for the travelling support of the away team, having such short notice

1 minute ago, stocky said:

Now i am unsure

The semifinal will be at Hampden ( only if we need a playoff that is ;)). We don't know where the final will be yet.

Just now, Orraloon said:

The venue for the final will be decided with a draw. I think they have set a date in December for the draw which will be after they know who all the semifinalists are. 

That's starting to ring a bell actually,  So potential for us to play Serbia in Helsinki for example? 

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

That's starting to ring a bell actually,  So potential for us to play Serbia in Helsinki for example? 

I think it's a draw for Winner A or Winner B at home in the final, thought the draw was November though.

2 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

I think it's a draw for Winner A or Winner B at home in the final, thought the draw was November though.

Got you now. If it's at Hampden then the atmosphere will make Italy 2007 look like a pre season friendly.

Hopefully we won't need it though