Sevco Historical Major Trophy Count Update 2019 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sevco Historical Major Trophy Count Update 2019

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

But rangers are strong just now. And with a backroom staff of Jimmy Bell and mcallister who are rangers and football men we will be hard to stop for 56. 

Yes, your club is really big. I mean really big. Really BIG. We're impressed. You have lots of MUNNNNEEEE! Albeit borrowed.

Whether or not you can win your second championship next season (bit of miscounting on your part there), I have no doubt that you and your equally BIG and RICH business partners from the East End will continue to Make Scottish Club Football Boring as they have done so successfully in the best.

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Yes, your club is really big. I mean really big. Really BIG. We're impressed. You have lots of MUNNNNEEEE! Albeit borrowed.

Whether or not you can win your second championship next season (bit of miscounting on your part there), I have no doubt that you and your equally BIG and RICH business partners from the East End will continue to Make Scottish Club Football Boring as they have done so successfully in the best.

One  of biggest and best clubs in Britain now. Hope we get Liverpool in CL. Oh, and no miscounted. Just going by uefa and fifa statements thanks,if they change their minds I will bow down to your quite impressive arithmetic skills. But until then I will listen to Europe and the worlds governing bodies. Stand on kid. 👉

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

One  of biggest and best clubs in Britain now. Hope we get Liverpool in CL. Oh, and no miscounted. Just going by uefa and fifa statements thanks,if they change their minds I will bow down to your quite impressive arithmetic skills. But until then I will listen to Europe and the worlds governing bodies. Stand on kid. 👉

Oh. Sorry. Rangers are also the only club in the world that borrows. You have me there.

20 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Your club's bigness is, of course, a source of awe to the rest of us. You must be really proud to be so big. Look at all that BIGNESS! They're so BIG!

Meanwhile, here's a curio;

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/three-reasons-rangers-fans-fallen-24270557

Fs what a sad state of affairs. The VICTIM trophy has well and truly been won over from the other lot (for the time being). 

3 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Your club's bigness is, of course, a source of awe to the rest of us. You must be really proud to be so big. Look at all that BIGNESS! They're so BIG!

Meanwhile, here's a curio;

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/three-reasons-rangers-fans-fallen-24270557

Scotland not fallen from me.or any of my pals. Rangers and Scotland always kid.

• 5 months later...

Been crazy busy trying to finish an addition and get it winterised before the bad weather.

Anyway...

Gonna have to dedicate this 10IAR to Slippy who had 3 chances to stop it (with the second biggest budget in Scotland) before making his "I see my chance" getaway from the madhouse.

👨‍🎤 "Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away... "

Scottish League Cups... 0 for 10(10IAR gloriously achieved!) 😁

Scottish Cups... 0 for 9(Going for 10IAR) 

Scottish Premiership Titles... 1* for 5

---------------

Total... 1* for 24

*The trophy was bought through a combination of going heavily into debt, and having a complicit Celtic. Sevco haven't made a penny profit in their entire (less than a decade) history. FACT!!!

PA.58687402-1.jpg

On 11/21/2021 at 11:33 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Been crazy busy trying to finish an addition and get it winterised before the bad weather.

Anyway...

Gonna have to dedicate this 10IAR to Slippy who had 3 chances to stop it (with the second biggest budget in Scotland) before making his "I see my chance" getaway from the madhouse.

👨‍🎤 "Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away... "

Scottish League Cups... 0 for 10(10IAR gloriously achieved!) 😁

Scottish Cups... 0 for 9(Going for 10IAR) 

Scottish Premiership Titles... 1* for 5

---------------

Total... 1* for 24

*The trophy was bought through a combination of going heavily into debt, and having a complicit Celtic. Sevco haven't made a penny profit in their entire (less than a decade) history. FACT!!!

PA.58687402-1.jpg

Plenty good enough to be champions of Scotland.

whilst Scotland inhabitants wish to be in an abusive relationship at the top of every aspect then denigration is the result. Skippy has upgraded to the back end of Engerland’s second city and biggest neglected region. Still an upgrade from The Rangers and the last colony. 

• 5 months later...

Girding your loins for the worst then 😆

Can you not just ignore them?   After 10 years of wind-ups everywhere round here got plastered in ugly blue '55' graffiti.   Even though it was only 54 and a 1/2.

5 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Girding your loins for the worst then 😆

A Sevco European final win would be tough to take, yes.

People getting hurt at that final would (will) be worse.

5 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Can you not just ignore them?   After 10 years of wind-ups everywhere round here got plastered in ugly blue '55' graffiti.   Even though it was only 54 and a 1/2.

One, mate... one.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

In a few months they could potentially have 2 European trophies but only 1 domestic title in their history, that'd surely some kind of record there...

Ignoring the fact that I disagree with your 1 domestic trophy bit, Villarreal have won the Europa League and no top flight domestic honours.  I've a feeling there's another club on the continent who are similar but can't remember who it is.

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Ignoring the fact that I disagree with your 1 domestic trophy bit, Villarreal have won the Europa League and no top flight domestic honours.  I've a feeling there's another club on the continent who are similar but can't remember who it is.

What about Nottingham Forest, they won the European cup more times than they won their domestic league ( u could only qualify as league winners then). Not sure if anyone else ever did that.

4 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

What about Nottingham Forest, they won the European cup more times than they won their domestic league ( u could only qualify as league winners then). Not sure if anyone else ever did that.

That was a unique achievement.  Nowadays you can be 4th in your league and qualify to become a possible European champion. Or get knocked out and drop into lower euro competition. Total joke.

7 hours ago, fringo said:

That was a unique achievement.  Nowadays you can be 4th in your league and qualify to become a possible European champion. Or get knocked out and drop into lower euro competition. Total joke.

Nowadays, the big leagues can finish 6th, win the Europa league, finish 19th the next season and be european champion (unlikely I know) but that’s how daft this european football has become. 

8 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

League winners & defending European cup winners qualified then unlike today’s abomination of a tournament/super league money making scam for the already rich ELITE clubs 🤯

I don't like all the safety nets and swapping between competitions, but I like that we're back to 3 competitions. When I was getting into football it was always the European Cup, Cup Winner's Cup and UEFA Cup. We all thought all 3 were a big deal. The teams in the UEFA Cup could well be challenging for their league title the same season. A few wild cards from the cup finals though!

Edited by killiefaetheferry

55 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I don't like all the safety nets and swapping between competitions, but I like that we're back to 3 competitions. When I was getting into football it was always the European Cup, Cup Winner's Cup and UEFA Cup. We all thought all 3 were a big deal. The teams in the UEFA Cup could well be challenging for their league title the same season. A few wild cards from the cup finals though!

As much as it's benefited Ranger in recent seasons I agree that the safety nets are a bit of a joke.  What's even worse is that there are 2 or 3 of them.  Rangers dropped in the Europa after losing in the Champions League play offs and the Dortmund dropped in to the Europa after finishing 3rd in the group stages.  If they insist on these safety nets then surely only at only one point in the competition is sufficient.  And even worse, Celtic (as an example, not to do with them specifically before anyone goes batshit!) bounced from the Champion's League to the Europa to the Conference which is an absolute farce.