What is wrong with some "Fans"? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What is wrong with some "Fans"?

On 3/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

85 was rapid vienna

everton in final

I went to old trafford for the replayed game againsy rapid vienna who beat celtic that night. I must have been the only gers fan there that night but had a great nite with my pals. Reivia question and dont google it. Who were man utd playing on that same night in europe?

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I went to old trafford for the replayed game againsy rapid vienna who beat celtic that night. I must have been the only gers fan there that night but had a great nite with my pals. Reivia question and dont google it. Who were man utd playing on that same night in europe?

Dundee Utd at Tannadice? Beat them 3-2.

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Aye, I remember that too. Not sure why they were updating the Man U score cos I think everyone there was a Celtic fan!

Apart from yours truly.  A good night though.  Ended up in a night club like the one from Minder.  The bouncers looked out a wee window and let us in.  Wee were at Manchester University Union before the game and Irish band were playing all the tunes.  I walked up to the bar to get the Glenlivet and the barmaid knew I was a Rangers supporter right away.  Obviously I told her to keep it quiet!  But a great day though.  (which proves I am no bigot guys).

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Apart from yours truly.  A good night though.  Ended up in a night club like the one from Minder.  The bouncers looked out a wee window and let us in.  Wee were at Manchester University Union before the game and Irish band were playing all the tunes.  I walked up to the bar to get the Glenlivet and the barmaid knew I was a Rangers supporter right away.  Obviously I told her to keep it quiet!  But a great day though.  (which proves I am no bigot guys).

Unless it was a "great day" cos Celtic got beat.  :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I remember watching the news highlights only ; celtic hit the post , vienna raced up field , danny mcgrain trying to clip peter pacult from behind as he raced in on goal and scored , assume its on you tube

Aye.  Brilliant night with my pals mate.  Drove home after it.  Not me btw.  But Celtic fans were brilliant that night even after defeat.  Seems to be going wrong a bit again with all sets of fans.  But hey ho that's not the way it was that night.

11 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye.  Brilliant night with my pals mate.  Drove home after it.  Not me btw.  But Celtic fans were brilliant that night even after defeat.  Seems to be going wrong a bit again with all sets of fans.  But hey ho that's not the way it was that night.

Old trafford was mostly terracing back then , like parkhead ?

21 hours ago, daviebee said:

Aye, I remember that too. Not sure why they were updating the Man U score cos I think everyone there was a Celtic fan!

This Killie fan was there. Got the shout that morning - somebody was ill so I jumped in. Good experience. We were sitting up high and beside the Stratford end. IIRC there was a Republican band on before the game and bottles were chucked towards the end... I think one smashed off the crossbar at the Stratford End. Celtic fans overturned a burger van before kick off.

25 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

This Killie fan was there. Got the shout that morning - somebody was ill so I jumped in. Good experience. We were sitting up high and beside the Stratford end. IIRC there was a Republican band on before the game and bottles were chucked towards the end... I think one smashed off the crossbar at the Stratford End. Celtic fans overturned a burger van before kick off.

Bit similar to me Killie, just got asked that morning of the game.  Never seen any trouble though.  Republican band in University union with all the songs.  The Glenlivet was going down that day.  But canny mind of any trouble.  Apart from a shop getting cordoned off by police as I think there was shoplifting in it.

30 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Bit similar to me Killie, just got asked that morning of the game.  Never seen any trouble though.  Republican band in University union with all the songs.  The Glenlivet was going down that day.  But canny mind of any trouble.  Apart from a shop getting cordoned off by police as I think there was shoplifting in it.

Was there as a starry eyed 17 year old, my first away trip. Finished off the night snogging the face off some Rasta chick in a club at 2 am. 😁

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

Was there as a starry eyed 17 year old, my first away trip. Finished off the night snogging the face off some Rasta chick in a club at 2 am. 😁

We were in a wee club like that too slasher till about 2 as well.  Cellic fans dancing on the tables?  Maybe same one as it was hard to get one that night and taxi guy took us to only one he knew was open.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

We were in a wee club like that too slasher till about 2 as well.  Cellic fans dancing on the tables?  Maybe same one as it was hard to get one that night and taxi guy took us to only one he knew was open.

One of the guys who was with us that night was from Cheadle or something and he knew where to go. It was some night apart from the result. Can mind watching the highlights of the United game in a pub after as well. Good times 👍

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47646210

Only three of Scotland's professional clubs back strict liability. Aberdeen and Hibs didn't want to comment, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Killie, amongst others, didn't respond to the survey.

If the clubs won't accept strict liability then the authorities, whether it's the police or local councils, should refuse to grant safety certificates to the grounds. If I organise an event at my work, which generally requires an alcohol licence, then if there's bother then I won't get a licence the next time.

If anyone is serious about cracking down on fan misbehaviour then these are the measures that need to be taken.

Edited by wee-toon-red

On 3/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, wee-toon-red said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47646210

Only three of Scotland's professional clubs back strict liability. Aberdeen and Hibs didn't want to comment, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Killie, amongst others, didn't respond to the survey.

If the clubs won't accept strict liability then the authorities, whether it's the police or local councils, should refuse to grant safety certificates to the grounds. If I organise an event at my work, which generally requires an alcohol licence, then if there's bother then I won't get a licence the next time.

If anyone is serious about cracking down on fan misbehaviour then these are the measures that need to be taken.

I don't agree with punishment without responsibility though.  If a fan comes on the park it's their misdemeanor.  How can the club stop that?  I think a solid principle is you should be punished for what you can control.    Punish the individuals involved.  Zero tolerance.

It's a shame the ultra culture has ruined it.  Most folk will remember when streakers ran on the park, it used to get a bit of a laugh.  Those sorts of things, you don't condone but it's harmless.  Now these muppets are bringing violence into it.  Even the odd crowd invasion was not condoned but harmless.  

The scenes in Glasgow city centre were throw-back.  Incredible to think we've moved on in so many areas but this one.  Society seems to have regressed here somehow.