Allan McGregor Retires - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan McGregor Retires

Rab The Crab

13 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Pete you can't just leave that lying there like that :wtf:

Let’s just say he’s a friend of a friend and I have it on good authority.  

People seem to think that being a goalkeeper is easy in terms of fitness and physical effort and I suppose it is compared to being an outfield player but you still need to keep yourself very fit to maintain your agility. That gets harder with age otherwise all keepers would keep playing into their 40s. 

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A thread about a goalkeeper retiring and a lack of options to take the vacant place and nobody has posted the shitest of shite patter yet

The SSC should cancel memberships for posting that on any social media site. 

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Sullivan was miles better than Archer and McLaughlin.  I'd take Douglas over them both too.  

Sullivan was one of the best keepers in the premiership late 90’s.

McLaughlin and Archer are championship level or reasonable SPL keepers.

Agree he’s miles ahead. 

Part of me was glad he's quit after him punting the ball as hard as he could at Liam Millar after he was professionally fouled by Goldson the other day (well after the whistle had gone too).

McGregor can be a proper prick when he wants to.

Edited by andyD

14 minutes ago, andyD said:

Part of me was glad he's quit after him punting the ball as hard as he could at Liam Millar after he was professionally fouled by Goldson the other day (well after the whistle had gone too).

McGregor can be a proper prick when he wants to.

He is a complete arsehole.  Good 'keeper but not as good as some on here would like you to believe. 

No real loss, IMO.

Yes a very decent keeper and did well for us in recent games. Quite odd he's retiring now - considering we're two games away from the Euros ; but at 37, it was always going to happen soon. 

Bain is young and an excellent keeper. He could be in the sticks for 15-20 years for us.