Any Hope of a Friendly This year ? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Hope of a Friendly This year ?

ErsatzThistle

Does anyone think we might get even one friendly match this year ?

Anything rumoured ?

Admittedly it will be hard to fit in what with us playing ten qualifiers in one year.

If we were to arrange something I would prefer it to be an African or South American nation.

No chance this year, as we have all our fixtures up until November sorted, then in March 2020 we have the Nations League/Euro play off's (if we need them, depending on how this year pans out), so at the moment its May 2020 before we can announce any kind of friendly.

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Does anyone think we might get even one friendly match this year ?

Anything rumoured ?

Admittedly it will be hard to fit in what with us playing ten qualifiers in one year.

If we were to arrange something I would prefer it to be an African or South American nation.

Would be good to squeeze another game in but as others have said we've got a full calendar of competitive games this year. It's one of the best benefits of the Nations' League rearrangements. Friendlies were rarely entertaining and sometimes we avoided booking some of those date... whereas every single one of our 10 games this year will be crucial. Bring it on! 

Well there are enough international breaks for 10 games this year and we have 10 qualifiers so no, a friendly is not possible this year.

Countries in the groups of five teams that aren’t involved in the Nations League finals can play a friendly or two in June but I’d much rather be in our position and have two competitive games in that month. 

44 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Well there are enough international breaks for 10 games this year and we have 10 qualifiers so no, a friendly is not possible this year.

Countries in the groups of five teams that aren’t involved in the Nations League finals can play a friendly or two in June but I’d much rather be in our position and have two competitive games in that month. 

Correct.